The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

SteveBrickNJ

We are going to a wedding Thurs. in CT.
Wanting to reassure myself re. the etiquette when labeling a wedding envelope that will house our gift to the couple.
I plan to put:
"Mr. and Mrs. John Smith" (The groom's last name is not Smith...just an example)
Just that. Clean and simple
That's common practice????

Last edited:

Lilofan

We are going to a wedding Thurs. in CT.
Wanting to reassure myself re. the etiquette when labeling a wedding envelope that will house our gift to the couple.
I plan to put:
"Mr. and Mrs. John Smith" (The husband's name is not Smith...just an example)
Just that. Clean and simple
That's common practice????
I thought it was to play it safe because the bride may keep her last name is address the envelope as

Mr Brad Pitt and Miss Jennifer Anniston

Figgy1

Premium Member
Got a quick answer.
My friend...the bride's mom said she will take on her about to be husbands last name "in about 51 hours".
That was a clever;) response
I will stick with my plan:
Mr. and Mrs. John Smith
If you're giving a check address the card Mr and Mrs Smith but the check should have the bride's maiden name because it takes some time to do an official name change and they may have problems depositing it if you use her married name

Last edited:

SteveBrickNJ

If you're giving a check address the card Mr and Mrs Smith but the check should have the bride's maiden name because it takes some time to do an official name change and they may have problems depositing it.
Wow! Your post I've quoted inspired me to do a google search.
Found this....

StarWarsGirl

If you're giving a check address the card Mr and Mrs Smith but the check should have the bride's maiden name because it takes some time to do an official name change and they may have problems depositing it if you use her married name
This, plus it's good to double check because not every woman takes her husband's name anymore. Or they could do like two people I know did and both change their names to a new last name.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Wow! Your post I've quoted inspired me to do a google search.
Found this....

It is such a hassle to change names on everything. If for some reason I would ever get remarried (not planning on it my husband is still fantastic) I wouldn’t bother to change my name.

About a week before I got married I got a letter about insurance from my employer, to add my husband) and it was addressed in what would be my married name. I never told them I was changing my last name so I thought that was rather presumptuous of my employer.

Figgy1

Premium Member

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom