DINOSAUR merch removed

Beacon Joe

closing it down for a new journey of water with moana!

That's crazy talk.

Now, turning Dino Land into a Merger & Acquisitions Campus East... that's something equally stupid I could see Disney Parks doing to Animal Kingdom, especially now that Rohde is out of the picture. Some 6 Flags looking retheme featuring all your non-Disney animal favorites like Ant Man, Black Widow, and Miko's annoying spacefaring cousin.

Kamikaze

That's crazy talk.

Now, turning Dino Land into a Merger & Acquisitions Campus East... that's something equally stupid I could see Disney Parks doing to Animal Kingdom, especially now that Rohde is out of the picture. Some 6 Flags looking retheme featuring all your non-Disney animal favorites like Ant Man, Black Widow, and Miko's annoying spacefaring cousin.
Still East of the Mississippi, last I checked.

DisneyMusician2

Not to sound like a "pixie duster" but this is a common fix when their are stock issues with a product. A lot of times if there isn't enough of a product to keep the display "show quality" they yank it offstage and replace it with some generic stuff until the correct product arrives.
Hahaha I don't think understanding retail or business makes you a 'pixieduster'

KINGLOUIS1993

There is, generally speaking, only one place in all of Walt Disney World that I believe would be strictly improved by being bulldozed and paved over into an empty lot. This is because the Tomorrowland Speedway is literally a blight on the Magic Kingdom whose existence makes everything around it actively worse.

Dinoland, by comparison, really just needs some actual love and attention, starting with a long-overdue CTX refurb/modernization and continuing into a renewed emphasis on exploration of nature and the wonders of the past instead of the carnival subtheming. Swap out the restaurant formerly known as McDonalds for a "bounty of nature / heirloom foods" themed QS establishment, add a hiking trail attraction/experience themed around following in the footsteps of a roaming dinosaur (or, if you're a child, pretending that you're the dinosaur stomping through the forest), and maybe a tree climbing / ropes course upcharge opportunity if you can get it past the risk assessors in legal.

Or, you know, go all-in on the painfully self-aware "dinosaurs operating a two-bit carnival in the last days before the apocalypse" routine. Sell out for it so hard and so completely that the sheer audacity wraps back around to being somewhat impressive! (ATTN Disney: please actually don't pick this option.)
👏

DisneyMusician2

To
Why do they have to go back right to when the asteroid is hitting? You have literally 2 million years to time-travel to in order to pick up the dino in question and you pick the exact last minute? Bad story is bad.
I always thought we were going at the last minute to avoid your usual time travel paradox a la Back to the Future, so I never really focused on that part of the overall story. I haven't done Indy since the year it opened, so I don't remember enough to really comment on it.

Kamikaze

To

I always thought we were going at the last minute to avoid your usual time travel paradox a la Back to the Future, so I never really focused on that part of the overall story. I haven't done Indy since the year it opened, so I don't remember enough to really comment on it.
Indy's story is basically 'Indy is stuck in temple, gotta save him', so it has to be done quick. But saving whatever dinosaur, theres no time limit on that. Or you could go back again if you screw it up or in case of carnotaurus attack. You have a time machine.

Kamikaze

I know. It was tongue in cheek. But not really.

"East of the Rockies, you're on the air, sir..." conspiracy territory. :p
Dinoland switched to Wakanda isn't a terrible idea.
Dinos are still popular, but not Marvel popular.
Would rather a new Wakanda-land and keep Dinoland, but either way bulldoze the terrible ride.

JIMINYCR

When we were there in May and finished the ride through, I was surprised when we went through the shop and found almost nothing there then. DS is a Dino fan and was looking to pick up something for himself and a friend to bring home and there was absolutely nothing worth buying so we walked out empty handed.

In the Parks
Yes
Indy's story is basically 'Indy is stuck in temple, gotta save him', so it has to be done quick. But saving whatever dinosaur, theres no time limit on that. Or you could go back again if you screw it up or in case of carnotaurus attack. You have a time machine.
If you go back in time to just before the apocalypse, all evidence of your time meddling gets wiped out by the apocalypse. History doesn't notice, which means there's no problem. Otherwise, you risk causing some kind of temporal disturbance, which leads to you being arrested by Owen Wilson and Wunmi Mosaku for your Time Crimes.

Kamikaze

If you go back in time to just before the apocalypse, all evidence of your time meddling gets wiped out by the apocalypse. History doesn't notice, which means there's no problem. Otherwise, you risk causing some kind of temporal disturbance, which leads to you being arrested by Owen Wilson and Wunmi Mosaku for your Time Crimes.
Fair. Nothing like retroactive story fixes.

Cmdr_Crimson

Still wish they had the Dr seeker shirt as shown in The Parkeology article

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom