DINOSAUR merch removed

DoleWhipDrea

I don't exactly take issue with the plot of the pre-show (though IMHO, if I was actually in that situation to get sent back in time, I would rat Dr. Seeker out in an instant because I don't have a death wish) - I just feel like it screams '90s a little too hard 😄

But if Universal is going to keep Jurassic Park the same, Disney's unlikely to update Dinosaur.

S.I.R. the Robot

In the Parks
No
I really want them to restore this attraction back to the CTX days. Leave the updated Compy's and do something different with the now permanently static Cearadactylus but restore the more forceful movements and the original chase sequence. The original meteor ending would be great too, especially since no photos of the meteor itself exist.
I have a friend who went on the original CTX ride in like fall 1998 (had to be after September 4th, because they remember joking about "Warren the potted plant") and then out of nowhere throughout the park they saw David Hayter.

Djsfantasi

Dinoland switched to Wakanda isn't a terrible idea.
Dinos are still popular, but not Marvel popular.
Would rather a new Wakanda-land and keep Dinoland, but either way bulldoze the terrible ride.
Terrible, terrible idea. AK is the last original park untouched by the cheap out of Disney IP. Starting with a reimagined Dinoland as the best option, there are many good choices for a fresh Imagineering visualization of the property. Using it for Marvel IP is the worst. By maintaining the original theming of AK, it provides a destination for those who appreciate the original Disney concept. Wild idea… Bring back the Beastly Kingdom?

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Here's an IP of untapped potential. Your move Disney!
dinoaurs-disney-plus.jpg

rio

Would rather a new Wakanda-land and keep Dinoland, but either way bulldoze the terrible ride.
Wakanda as presented in the MCU isn’t about environmentalism, conservation, or animals. Its been presented more as technological, cultural, and pride contexts, so it currently fits in Epcot best. That being said, Wakanda probably can be adopted to support AK’s message, but I fear we might just get Pandora 2.0 if they went that route.

dolbyman

One peeve I have with the preshow is a line reproduction, pretty much in the middle.

The guy tagged the dinosaur in a previous visit ..otherwise he would be riding with YOU. (that's how he says it)

I am pretty sure the correct stress/annunciation should be on WITH you (because he does have to be WITH the visitors due to the tagging of the dino)

Just bugs me everytime .. minor thing

Kamikaze

Terrible, terrible idea. AK is the last original park untouched by the cheap out of Disney IP. Starting with a reimagined Dinoland as the best option, there are many good choices for a fresh Imagineering visualization of the property. Using it for Marvel IP is the worst. By maintaining the original theming of AK, it provides a destination for those who appreciate the original Disney concept. Wild idea… Bring back the Beastly Kingdom?
Pandora?
A Bug's Life?

And you do know that Dinosaur was made an IP ride, right?

ppete1975

I think a well done prehistoric land with dinosaurs would trump wakanda. Yes marvel is super popular (im one of the fan boys), but dinosaurs create awe in ages 1-100 male female, and have for at least 50 years and will continue (much larger demographic). The issue is the cost. If they used real disney imagineering and didnt worry about cost they could build the most amazing life sized animatronic dinosaurs ever seen, they could be in a marsh eating grasses maybe a boat ride taking you around them (you can smell them, see them breath) add in edutainment and a few rides and it would be earth shattering. The worst part though is everyone would say they were copying universal and jurassic park.. especially universals own social media.

Cmdr_Crimson

One peeve I have with the preshow is a line reproduction, pretty much in the middle.

The guy tagged the dinosaur in a previous visit ..otherwise he would be riding with YOU. (that's how he says it)

I am pretty sure the correct stress/annunciation should be on WITH you (because he does have to be WITH the visitors due to the tagging of the dino)

Just bugs me everytime .. minor thing
It was done on an Unauhorized Field Trip....Basically he's Disney's version of Nedry and honestly you should watch the entire security video loop at the end in the gift shop which is about 5 or so extra minutes realizing how his plan backfired and got an Iguanadon to break free from the lab...

*deep breath*

Now, to go further into the story. If the Discovery River Tours still existed you would have found that Aladar after escaping the Institute had made it's way to the water after you saved him..

This why I liked how the Imagineers made a deep story about this and went further outward into the park with the story..

At least when they renamed it they didn't redo the preshow where it was told by the freaky looking Monkies in the film..

Last edited:

dolbyman

I understand the backstory..my issue was just with the way he annunciated the words WITH vs YOU

if he had tagged the dino (Aladar) in a previous trip, otherwise he would come WITH the chosen tour group (so we have an excuse just to hear the prerecorded voice vs. actually him in the time rover)

But in the preshow he stresses "YOU" ...

Kamikaze

I think a well done prehistoric land with dinosaurs would trump wakanda. Yes marvel is super popular (im one of the fan boys), but dinosaurs create awe in ages 1-100 male female, and have for at least 50 years and will continue (much larger demographic). The issue is the cost. If they used real disney imagineering and didnt worry about cost they could build the most amazing life sized animatronic dinosaurs ever seen, they could be in a marsh eating grasses maybe a boat ride taking you around them (you can smell them, see them breath) add in edutainment and a few rides and it would be earth shattering. The worst part though is everyone would say they were copying universal and jurassic park.. especially universals own social media.
Anecdotal evidence only, but I was in Chicago this weekend.

One museum (Field Museum) has a dino exhibit (including the famous 'Sue' T-Rex and the world's largest dino ever found), another (Museum of Science and Industry) has a Marvel exhibit. There were probably 5x the number of people in the one with the Marvel stuff, even though its much more difficult to get to from the tourist areas.

Like I said, dinos are popular, but they aren't Marvel popular.

Cmdr_Crimson

I understand the backstory..my issue was just with the way he annunciated the words WITH vs YOU

if he had tagged the dino (Aladar) in a previous trip, otherwise he would come WITH the chosen tour group (so we have an excuse just to hear the prerecorded voice vs. actually him in the time rover)

But in the preshow he stresses "YOU" ...
Isn't Seeker supposedly controlling said Time Rover we're riding in? And I thought the alerts were just alerting us and not auto navigating but then there's the part where he's yelling right left..etc..It's hard to tell..

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Pandora?
A Bug's Life?

And you do know that Dinosaur was made an IP ride, right?
But didn’t the Dinosaur movie come a few years after the attraction? (like Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, Country Bears, Tower of Terror, and Future World were all things in the park before there were movies)

VicariousCorpse

But didn’t the Dinosaur movie come a few years after the attraction? (like Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, Country Bears, Tower of Terror, and Future World were all things in the park before there were movies)
It was always intended as a tie-in to the movie. They just changed the name and a few things to help reinforce that idea. The movie had been shelved for years and the ride being developed helped push the film into production.

Fable McCloud

Oh if only Beastly Kingdom could be made.... that's right, I'm barking up that tree. We all know that it would be very successful, vs Dinoland, which people don't understand the theming of. Give us dragons (Disney has so many!) and unicorns, and griffins... just do something not tied to an IP. They could always create an IP after...

ppete1975

Oh if only Beastly Kingdom could be made.... that's right, I'm barking up that tree. We all know that it would be very successful, vs Dinoland, which people don't understand the theming of. Give us dragons (Disney has so many!) and unicorns, and griffins... just do something not tied to an IP. They could always create an IP after...
i wouldnt want that idea wasted on this small plot of land... if they were going to do it id want a much bigger area

celluloid

It was always intended as a tie-in to the movie. They just changed the name and a few things to help reinforce that idea. The movie had been shelved for years and the ride being developed helped push the film into production.

A tie in to the movie to get the concept approved after pitched, the same way a Tough to Be a Bug was budgeted. But had it been a flop of a movie, both attractions were designed well enough to please and be great attractions on their own. Similar to how Jungle Cruise's changes were budgeted, once the movie was not tracking well, they could still do things with the budget or lose it.

Typically now, a movie has to be a big blockbusting hit to get a major attraction based off of it. That is the difference.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom