FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
You're missing the part where you clean your own room and traipse through the hotel hallways with a bag of trash, trying to find somewhere to put it.
Clearly, you've never lived in a college high rise dormitory...

The obvious answer is to just chuck the trash bag into the nearest open elevator and let someone else take care of it.

Note: Disney security would take a very dim view of this, especially if you were to set the bag on fire first.

Trauma

This seems like a big deal no? I know some people think FP+ will come back as a stop gap but this would imply that’s officially off the table?
The next time you use a fast pass you will be paying for it.

It has to be here for the 50th right?

Celebrate 50 years of magic by paying $50 a ride!!

Enter buzzword filled line here magic dreams memories something something!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think you don’t have enough faith in the market. They may be irrational at times, and no one can predict when it will return to reason, but know that no matter what, it will revert to the mean.

The government has no tools available to prop up the markets during the next downturn and they already announced they will be stopping bond purchases very soon. I think the 12 year bull market is coming to an end soon.
I’m more referring to the $7,000,000,000,000 in liquid they injected into the market between October 2019 and April 2020…and that can’t even be attributed to plague.

most people have a belief that there are “lines not to be crossed” in economics….much as there used to be belief in such lines in politics.
Then I saw near all those political lines crossed in the last year or two.

so I’m not a believer…And I sincerely hope I’m wrong. It’s better for everyone.

for another day

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Clearly, you've never lived in a college high rise dormitory...

The obvious answer is to just chuck the trash bag into the nearest open elevator and let someone else take care of it.

Note: Disney security would take a very dim view of this, especially if you were to set the bag on fire first.
..:ahh…the good old days 😍

G00fyDad

OR you could just hit 0 through every prompt for free.
Except when a company wants to be one of God's special little creatures and decides to put the option to speak to a human being as option four, five, six, or even nine. In those cases when you hit zero it just repeats the message again as if you had just called them. Or, it tells you "I'm sorry. That is an invalid selection." and you have to listen to the entire queue message before you find out "Oh, I needed to hit number seven all along!". It's absolutely maddening. I'm sure they're doing this for some cost saving reason but they'll tell you they do it to try to make your experience more enjoyable. You want to make my experience more enjoyable? Put a human being on the phone. I'm not going to get what I need from C3PO.

MrHappy

Except when a company wants to be one of God's special little creatures and decides to put the option to speak to a human being as option four, five, six, or even nine. In those cases when you hit zero it just repeats the message again as if you had just called them. Or, it tells you "I'm sorry. That is an invalid selection." and you have to listen to the entire queue message before you find out "Oh, I needed to hit number seven all along!". It's absolutely maddening. I'm sure they're doing this for some cost saving reason but they'll tell you they do it to try to make your experience more enjoyable. You want to make my experience more enjoyable? Put a human being on the phone. I'm not going to get what I need from C3PO.
Or you can call the VIPassholder line and get Ticketing (which has happened several times to me recently).

G00fyDad

Wrong. Hitting zero just simply gets you through the stupid automated messages faster with Disney. Half the time doing this put you to the wrong department anyway so after you've hit zero about a gazillion times and you wait on hold for almost 2 hours you get to wait on hold again for another 2 hours because you hit zero a bunch of times and went to the wrong department. Go ahead, call Disney to ask them a question and hit zero a bunch of times and see what happens. 😁

Parker in NYC

Please just stop.

You are wrong and that’s ok.

Yes you can press 0 and get a person on the phone in 20 minutes.

That person can not help with most things and will transfer you to a SUBSTANTIAL hold time.
Last time I tried this, I was transferred to the operators at Spaceship Earth. I swear, I heard "I'll connect you" 50 times but never made it anywhere.

Waters Back Side

I still cannot believe Disney off all places does not use the call back method...where they call you back at the number you called from when its your turn in the queue. I mean they seem to like Queues, it might makes sense.

MrHappy

I understand the concept of dynamic pricing. But in such an immediate fashion, is that even legal? It’s almost bait and switch. Wouldn’t the pricing of a line skip pass need to be published with a certain advance notice to consumers?

edit: for the record, I think the proposed pay to play is stupid. Free FPs need to continue.

Trauma

I understand the concept of dynamic pricing. But in such an immediate fashion, is that even legal? It’s almost bait and switch. Wouldn’t the pricing of a line skip pass need to be published with a certain advance notice to consumers?
Who knows? Is there laws pertaining to dynamic prices of fast passes at a theme park?

This has never been done before with this type of system at this scale.

dovetail65

The next time you use a fast pass you will be paying for it.

It has to be here for the 50th right?

Celebrate 50 years of magic by paying $50 a ride!!

Enter buzzword filled line here magic dreams memories something something!
I heard that in 2006, in 2012 it was100% certain with employees straight out saying it would be a paid system, never happend.

Though now paid FP seems more likely than ever with Disney we only know one thing for sure, we never know until it happens, history proves that.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Wrong. Hitting zero just simply gets you through the stupid automated messages faster with Disney. Half the time doing this put you to the wrong department anyway so after you've hit zero about a gazillion times and you wait on hold for almost 2 hours you get to wait on hold again for another 2 hours because you hit zero a bunch of times and went to the wrong department. Go ahead, call Disney to ask them a question and hit zero a bunch of times and see what happens. 😁

Again if you do not believe me that's cool but I just did it a little while ago.
The estimated wait time was less than 4 minutes and it was accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom