FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waters Back Side

…and you’re gonna still blow your budget. The “eat cheap” method to pay for more tickets at wdw fails 100.1% of the time

I know. Listen, I easily cave also and have no problem giving Disney money. I will be the first to admit. We have our way of vacationing etc. I know we spend more then we should and do not care. But I have my limits. I draw a line somewhere. When we only go when its packed, just like the others in the same boat, we should not have to pay for perks once given to us. Especially about being able to enjoy some rides we can walk onto during a time of year that every line is long.

Some examples on here are ridiculous to be quite honest. Yes, a hotel comes with toilet paper and that does NOT make it free it comes with the hotel...Here is the thing...Toilet paper does not give anyone more of an incentive then anything else to use the hotel. WDW needs to give people a reason to stay on site, spend their money, and for many to keep coming back.

Last edited:

FantasiaMickey2000

Stock is still up at least 20% from it's near-high just before the pandemic. Also it's only down about 7 bucks currently from 5/13. I'm not sure that weighs too heavily on the Chairman and the CEO. As soon as they announce a plan to rip us off with paid FP here that trend will reverse. Also the August numbers should be much better.
Considering what the S&P 500 has done in that time. It’s absolutely weighing on the C Suite execs.

DisneyMusician2

It was about speculation…crap…not production - which was the point of stocks in the first place.

perception….not product.

so Iger tells you a product that sells for $6.99 a month will take years to break even…but the big short guys get giddy in a locked down world and decide it’s worth $50 a share more in 2020?

…that about cover it?
That overly simplifies valuation and markets, Iger didn’t really control that aspect of the stock price

Trauma

The stock price will not save your “park experience”

Disney park customers - particularly in Orlando - have made themselves a multi billion dollar “captive audience” each year and that has been relayed to investors.

and as I say often…I HATE being right about this.
Everything has a tipping point. It’s an average of a 60 minute hold just to talk to anyone usually much longer.

How much more will the average guest take until they decide hey that velocicoaster looks fun Danny like Harry Potter right?

flutas

Just to throw fuel onto the already giant pile of burning tires here.

The new MDE 6.20 update removed almost all references to FP. It can always be added back, but every public facing and even most of the code for it in the app is gone.

1625756771967.png

EDIT: Seems like there is still code to display it in "My Plans" but only just that.

Last edited:

G00fyDad

Everything has a tipping point. It’s an average of a 60 minute hold just to talk to anyone usually much longer.

How much more will the average guest take until they decide hey that velocicoaster looks fun Danny like Harry Potter right?

Try going through all of the stupid and exhausting options correctly to get to the person you want to speak to after a 60-120 minute hold just to find out that they need to transfer you to someone else because the ignorant automated system routed you to the wrong department. Then you sit on hold for another 60-120 minutes.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

kong1802

126 minute wait time on hold with Disney 😮😮. Trying to see if switching from CBR to POR now that it is opening in Oct makes sense. If I can save some money that would be ideal, since I have NO choice but to purchase DPA (IF there is no free component to it). Its not like I'm going 2nd week in December. I'd be curious of the agent i get budges when I explain the reason is I worry about having to pay for rides. They will probably continue saying they know nothing yet.

"Would you like to speak with an agent now?...Press * now and for $2.99 per minute you can speak with a CM"

Trauma

Sorry I’m not done yet.

IT ALL SUCKS

the phone lines suck

park hours suck

no annual pass suck

dining reservations suck

no parades suck

paid fast pass sucks

the website sucks

the boo bash sucks

the hotel rooms for what your paying suck

park reservation system sucks

park hopper only after 2 sucks

DVC member benefits suck

general maintenance sucks

pay for you magic band sucks

find your own way here from the airport sucks

let’s be honest 97% of quick service sucks

having to wait in a hour long line at guest services because you have had a problem but there are so many people in front of you complaining because everything sucks - sucks

I think I can do this all day but I have to get some work done

conclusion : Disney World sucks

kong1802

FoP currently has a 105 minute wait and Navi has a 50 minute wait. But, everything is great without FastPass and lines are *so* much shorter. 🙄

👇

And if you did this on July 8, 2019 the posted wait time @ 9am would have been 210 minutes for FOP and 75 minutes for Navi according to Touring Plans historical calendar. So yeah, if you were one of the people who didn’t get a FOP FP in the before times, you have a 50% shorter wait. You think that’s nothing?

No one promised zero lines. But somewhere along the way, it became acceptable to take capacity from people who were willing to queue, to distribute something finite to those that weren’t. Normally people reject the idea that the complainers should get to waltz in front of everyone else, but for this, everyone thinks they deserve the short queue.

Boom, roasted

Ripken10

Sorry I’m not done yet.

IT ALL SUCKS

the phone lines suck

park hours suck

no annual pass suck

dining reservations suck

no parades suck

paid fast pass sucks

the website sucks

the boo bash sucks

DVC member benefits suck

having to wait in a hour long line at guest services because you have had a problem but there are so many people in front of you complaining because everything sucks - sucks

if it all sucks so much, why do you continue to torture yourself then and come to this forum and go back to WDW? Maybe life would be better if you cut it out of your life.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I do agree that Disney would benefit from moving to a more inclusive, cruise-type model. Even if the initial price increases a large amount, people feel that they are getting what they always got and it's one less thing to think about on vacation. I think people would pay it, and guest satisfaction would likely increase once the initial shock of seeing $x/person/day wore off.

Anyone who thinks WDW is 'just fine...' should spend a day at Discovery Cove and get a reset over what vacationing is SUPPOSED to be like. Pampered, tailored, waited on, low stress, and being amazed.

Sure then you spend time in Sea World and see Disney's environment is still way ahead of its competition, and how others have simply copied elements Disney lead with... but you might just remember what it was like before the Mouse taught you fitting 15lbs into a 5lb bag was considered normal.

Waters Back Side

Nope…and it’s gonna get “hairy”

I disagree with this. It might not be fast pass, it might not be free, it might suck, but I'm pretty sure they will do everything they can to have it available for 10/1. I could be wrong. They HAVE to have some kind of line management system in place for the holiday season.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Sorry I’m not done yet.

IT ALL SUCKS

the phone lines suck

park hours suck

no annual pass suck

dining reservations suck

no parades suck

paid fast pass sucks

the website sucks

the boo bash sucks

DVC member benefits suck

I take it you're okay with Skyliner? And maybe the monorail?

pdude81

I disagree with this. It might not be fast pass, it might not be free, it might suck, but I'm pretty sure they will do everything they can to have it available for 10/1. I could be wrong. They HAVE to have some kind of line management system in place for the holiday season.
I'd like to think that with more on-site hotels coming online soon that they are planning for higher capacity and would prefer to start getting that revenue as soon as possible. The question is whether or not the exact form has been decided and whether the software is ready.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They are terrible at IT/tech.

gawd awful.

now is it possible they spent everyday since 3/15/20 (shutdown day) working feverishly on development and roll out?
…possible…

Or…they spent the first 6-9 months fretting over money/costs and then spent the next 6 months trying to figure out how to open up?
Possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom