FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

dovetail65

Just saw this video today of what is going in in Paris from Mickey Views. (I didn't see it posted).

Watch this video and watch it to the very end, this kid isn't' wrong. As he gets to the end he makes more and more sense. This needs be on ABC news, oops that will not happen. I may actually turn to be a Universal fan.

I mean this is making me feel a certain way. Am I the only one. I am not a broke person, we work hard like everyone else, but this is way too much money. If we dont stand up and SCREAM it's just going to happen. If Disney is going to do this at WDW only we have the power.

Let make a website "disneythenewsystemsucks.com" and get 200 thousand people to vote this new system sucks(if I was younger with energy I would do it myself).

This is not about paid, it is about fun, does anyone, even those that don't want FP think this is the answer?

Last edited:

BaconPancakes

Watch this video adn to the end, this kid isn't' wrong. This needs be on ABC news, oops that will not happen.

I mean this is making me feel a certain way. Am I the only one. I am not a broke person, we work hard like everyone else, but this is way too much money. If we dont stand up and SCREAM it's just going to happen. If Disney is going to do this at WDW only we have the power.

Let make a website "disneythenewsystemsucks.com" and get 200 thousand people to vote this new system sucks.

This is not about paid, it is about fun, does anyone, even those that don't want FP think this is the answer?
1625765394256.gif

TrojanUSC

Silliest of questions, but do we know a precise reason Disney wouldn't go back to a ticketed model, but instead of pay-per-ride, you are paying for quicker access? (Understood about society not liking micro-transactions, but I would say this is slightly different.)

I'm still wondering how they will use Recovery for Temporarily Closed attractions due to weather or ride hiccups. Nothing says Guest Relations Hot Mess like a guest who paid $20 /per family member to ride Rise of the Resistance and have the ride busted without a pre-show. Of course, this is all hypothetical as Disney hasn't said anything regarding WDW.

I don't know why recovery is even an issue. They let you skip the queue, you'd have had the same pre-show experience no matter how long you waited. And if you gripe enough they'd do the same thing they do now: give you a FP to something else.

Andrew M

I'll refrain from freaking out until it's officially announced.

Disneyland Paris tickets seem to be significantly cheaper (more than 20%) than WDW. So I could see the pricing for individual FPs being higher.

I'd really hope its more flat rate vs. per ride per person, because we usually travel as a group of 10+, so one ride could easily cost us the price of admission.

TrojanUSC

Watch this video and watch it to the very end, this kid isn't' wrong. As he gets to the end he makes more and more sense. This needs be on ABC news, oops that will not happen. I may actually turn to be a Universal fan.

Let make a website "disneythenewsystemsucks.com" and get 200 thousand people to vote this new system sucks.

This kid is wrong more often than he is right (when he isn't stealing rumors from insiders here and claiming them as his own, then bashing this board on Twitter).

Trauma

When this is announced and is as expensive as I expect it to be, it’s going to create a visceral reaction from the fan base that I don’t think Disney is prepared for.

Social media will explode with the most negative reaction we have ever seen to anything they have announced.

Even the lifestyles vlogger whatever’s are balking at this idea.

Disney is taking a big risk with this honestly.

I know everyone here think they are invincible.

I’m not so sure.

FantasiaMickey2000

This kid is wrong more often than he is right (when he isn't stealing rumors from insiders here and claiming them as his own, then bashing this board on Twitter).
People on here laughed and roasted him on here for the lightning pass thing but he was pretty close. Lightning is in the logo and it’s mascot is lightning McQueen. Sure it’s Disneyland Paris but i think this forums hatred for him is beyond rational at this point. He’s as reliable as those on here claiming the muppets are taking over the HOP and fantasmic was going to be back in February 2021.

pdude81

When this is announced and is as expensive as I expect it to be, it’s going to create a visceral reaction from the fan base that I don’t think Disney is prepared for.

Social media will explode with the most negative reaction we have ever seen to anything they have announced.

I’m not so sure.
IMO the anger is draining from the blogosphere and the message boards now with everybody's doom and gloom scenarios, then Disney can announce whatever they want later after listening to all the free response data. They can give a free fastpass to each guest or to on-site guests, and that would be enough for people to not fight too hard. It doesn't have to be the same system as Paris to make a tremendous amount of money. I'm still of the opinion it won't all be strictly monetized, and thus won't come with much blowback.

pdude81

People on here laughed and roasted him on here for the lightning pass thing but he was pretty close. Lightning is in the logo and it’s mascot is lightning McQueen. Sure it’s Disneyland Paris but i think this forums hatred for him is beyond rational at this point. He’s as reliable as those on here claiming the muppets are taking over the HOP and fantasmic was going to be back in February 2021.
To be fair, he said that WDW is looking at an unlimited pass system with the working name lightning pass, and that it would cost upwards of $100 a day per person. Character name aside, we've not seen this yet. Also none of the information we've heard from insiders so far has indicated an unlimited option is on the table at all. That would be technically more than club 33 gets without a large down payment.

I enjoy his videos, but it's entertainment. It remains to be seen just how wrong he is on that prediction.

ParentsOf4

They needed to be adding capacity during the years when they only tinkered with prices and screwed up dining.
Adding attractions will not solve the problem. The parks are exceeding their comfort levels, even if they are not technically full. Beyond the attractions themselves, walkways, restaurants, shops, bus stations, and bathrooms are operating at their limits.

The base issue is that WDW has not opened a theme park in 23 years. Prior to this, the longest gap was 11 years. Even divided among the four theme parks, attendance is the highest it's ever been.

Premier Access is being implemented because corporate Disney created a problem they don't want to fix.

1625767507795.png

Last edited:

mikejs78

Premium Member
👇

Boom, roasted
Not really. You can't compare July 8 2021 and July 8 2019 as if they were the same. They are not. July 8 2019 was a CL9 day at AK. Today is predicted by Touring Plans to be a CL6. Less people, lower crowds. Yet FoP still has had over 100 minute wait most of the day, all without FP.

TP's last few CL predictions were on the high side and AK has been posting a CL3 all week (though that could be because of Elsa). We will see what today actually was when TP posts their actuals tomorrow.

Besides, I was told the standby lines just *flew* without FP.

Boom, try again.
I’ve seen a fair amount of people in the parks mention how the wait times had been very inaccurate and much shorter then posted, unsure if that’s still the case.

I can confirm that is usually the case.
That has always been the case. You can see the difference in historical posted vs reported actuals showing inflation's throughout TP's historical data.

dovetail65

What he is saying is exactly what it is at Paris. So if we get what Paris is getting coming in August as already verified we get that, no?

What is he wrong about in this particular video? What he explained is what it is.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Adding attractions will not solve the problem. The parks are exceeding their comfort levels, even if they are not technically full. Beyond the attractions themselves, walkways, restaurants, shops, bus stations, and bathrooms are operating at their limits.

The base issue is that WDW has not opened a theme park in 23 years. Prior to this, the longest gap was 11 years. Even divided among the four theme parks, attendance is the highest its ever been.

Premier Access is being implemented because corporate Disney created a problem they don't want to fix.

View attachment 570532

Remember when Disney/ABC decided that Who Wants to be a Millionaire needs to be on like EVERY night?

Yeah, you can't always keep going back to the same well. Just trying to keep scaling WDW with theme parks isn't quite the answer either.

dovetail65

Remember when Disney/ABC decided that Who Wants to be a Millionaire needs to be on like EVERY night?

Yeah, you can't always keep going back to the same well. Just trying to keep scaling WDW with theme parks isn't quite the answer either.
I dont think another theme park can hurt though.

Disstevefan1

I’m not so sure.
TWDC’s theme parks just survived a pandemic. You could call them thriving as a result of the pandemic.

I think they are feeling invincible too.

I think it’s true. No matter what they do, folks will keep coming.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I dont think another theme park can hurt though.

Easy to say when you aren't the one responsible for the financials. :)

The law of diminishing returns will kick in.

Disney is not helping this either with their homogenizing of the parks. As EPCOT becomes MK-remotesite... instead of a unique experience... you are moving to a world of just more and more of the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom