FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Really how many hotels even use FULL beds anymore. Almost all 4 occupant rooms are queens, Disney Deluxe is not much better than a random Courtyard Inn. In terms of room quality, I am not saying the theming of the Deluxes lobby pool areas etc are not nice, I am referring to the rooms.
They’ve gone more “minimalist” over the years regarding room decor as well. I’d bet the farm that also saves in renovation/maintenance costs.

people complained about “corny” theming in rooms for along time…but that was the detail/imagineering aspect of the hotels as well.

the mixed used food locations - like the combo place at wilderness lodge - are tacky to me as well. You’ll see more of those in the future. A hybrid, limited menu “sit down” with a fry daddy in the back for chicken fingers and fries

Last edited:

Trauma

So I’m currently on a hold they say is 2 hours even though I called the second the phone lines opened.

Was up since 5 am trying to make dining reservations.

Nothing but errors and crashes have not been able to make 1 single reservation.

This is the company that’s going to have an app that sells you fast passes?

IM TRYING TO SPEND $$$$$ and the freaking website doesn't work and apparently even if you call the nano second they open the phones dont work either

This will be a disaster.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So I’m currently on a hold they say is 2 hours even though I called the second the phone lines opened.

IM TRYING TO SPEND $$$$$ and the freaking website doesn't work and apparently even if you call the nano second they open the phones dont work either

This will be a disaster.
The dining system has been screwed up for weeks…maybe months

rkleinlein

Here's what Disney should do to really monetize this:

Notification: The current wait time for Space Mountain is 90 minutes. Would you like to skip the line and ride now for $10 per person?
Yes.
Notification: Sorry, there are no longer any fast passes available at this time. Would you like to ride Space Mountain 10 minutes from now for $40 per person?

Or even better: Auction every space in line for every ride to the highest bidder. Simple supply and demand capitalism. What could be more magical? And Disney technology would make this fun and easy.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Here's what Disney should do to really monetize this:

Notification: The current wait time for Space Mountain is 90 minutes. Would you like to skip the line and ride now for $10 per person?
Yes.
Notification: Sorry, there are no longer any fast passes available at this time. Would you like to ride Space Mountain 10 minutes from now for $40 per person?

Or even better: Auction every space in line for every ride to the highest bidder. Simple supply and demand capitalism. What could be more magical? And Disney technology would make this fun and easy.
I think Disney should just make us give them our bank account info so they can just pull whatever they want from it until they bleed us dry. That would make it easier to manage since they are slowly doing that anyways lol

mdcpr

I'm not as active on this board anymore, so what I gather is that even if you were willing to spend $10K on a WDW vacation at a deluxe, all sit down meals, shopping.... you are now have to pay for FP+, transport to/from airport, parking at hotel, and there's no airport check-in at the hotel, you have to handle your own luggage... What else am I missing? Where are the extras? A Micky sighting?

iowamomof4

This will be a disaster.
Booking opened this morning for all the remaining resorts.

EdnaMode

I'm not as active on this board anymore, so what I gather is that even if you were willing to spend $10K on a WDW vacation at a deluxe, all sit down meals, shopping.... you are now have to pay for FP+, transport to/from airport, parking at hotel, and there's no airport check-in at the hotel, you have to handle your own luggage... What else am I missing? Where are the extras? A Micky sighting?
You're missing the part where you clean your own room and traipse through the hotel hallways with a bag of trash, trying to find somewhere to put it.

Last edited:

mdcpr

I forgot one more, the magicband which was extra awesome when getting it in the mail all nicely package with everyone's names.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I forgot one more, the magicband which was extra awesome when getting it in the mail all nicely package with everyone's names.
Hey…that costs AT LEAST $1.00 to make and another $0.05 to ship from the back of Disneyland Shanghai…

…must you be so demanding/spoiled? 😡

phillip9698

Hey even though all of those things were rolled into the cost of a room, dont worry about it, Disney was just doing us a favor by offering those benefits so dont expect any price drops. 🤣

Incomudro

It's amazing how much of this has changed so much for the worse in just a few years.
Magic Bands came in the mail, one for each member of our family.
Fast passes were booked for a couple of major rides every day - before we ever left the house, so we knew we had those with little wait.
Magic Express was going to handle our bags, and our transportation to and from the airport - a tremendous plus when the kids were smaller.
Now it's all gone.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Chapek will likely be known as the man who killed the "Disney difference".
Shenanigans…

this is Iger…he took it this way…and quit before a proper replacement was named. And that’s how you get the current fool.

I’ll remind - this is EXACTLY what Roy Disney fought Eisner on. Exactly. Probably worse…but the stock market wasn’t on government protected steroids then…so there was more whining in the halls of power.

DisneyMusician2

I know I'm in the minority, but I'm trying to figure out why people are shocked that a resort area is making many of the same changes that resort areas are making all over the world over the past 10 years. Paid parking, optional shuttle, no baggage handling from the airport are standard things at properties all over the world. And I'm not sure the rooms were ever priced with these ideas "built in" to the room rate. Some of these changes are things I won't miss or remember being just fine without before they were implemented.

And honestly I've been three times post-pandemic and didn't miss FP+ one bit.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
T

This is the current American corporate strategy to cross-pollenate your executives and see who is flexible and can learn the overall business model.

And gosh I'm not sure the parks could have handled any more increased attendance. Pre-pandemic levels of some of the parks even outside of the major holidays was getting to the point of crazy at times even during historically 'slow' periods. To me this is Disney pushing the pendulum a little far in the other direction, but its clearly more about control of the attendance rather than increasing the overall number of people.
They have zero interest in “reducing attendance”

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I know I'm in the minority, but I'm trying to figure out why people are shocked that a resort area is making many of the same changes that resort areas are making all over the world over the past 10 years. Paid parking, optional shuttle, no baggage handling from the airport are standard things at properties all over the world. And I'm not sure the rooms were ever priced with these ideas "built in" to the room rate. Some of these changes are things I won't miss or remember being just fine without before they were implemented.

And honestly I've been three times post-pandemic and didn't miss FP+ one bit.
Fair points…

except the last…you liked the non-fp day when people were scared to travel and half of their on property hotels were closed - let alone the hundreds of empty ones outside.

you won’t enjoy it as much when they’re back to 90%

numbers are numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom