News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

J4546

I wonder if they will continue on the que area/concrete pathways after they finish the canopy so people can walk through even while the ride isnt open

matt9112

I'm not sure they would -- there are huge numbers of people who don't care about coasters and the people who do are always going to have better options than WDW -- but that wasn't my argument anyways. Tron is fine. The location is bad and the ride could easily be a lot better, but I was talking more about giant, intense coasters like the Velocicoaster. I don't think that's feasible for Disney for multiple reasons and I also don't think they need to build anything remotely like it to maintain their status.

Building attractions like Rise of the Resistance is what keeps them ahead. Building huge coasters would just be chasing a market they're never going to win.

They could just keep standards around....the expeirence is what keeps them ahead. Not a ride most guests that day will never ride. But who am i?

jaxonp

The best part of Tron, to me, was not the actual ride, but what comes with it; the aesthetics and kinetics just add so much to Shanghai. It's just super cool. The lighting in the station and line makes me giddy. I probably spent a half-hour just watching the trains go by at night.

The actual coaster is not the most impressive. It's quite short and the several midcourse break runs greatly disrupt the pacing. DLP's Space Mountain is leagues better. I do find it very interesting that you were not a fan of the seating position. I actually thought it greatly improved the experience, of course, the restraints are not as good as DLP's new Space restraints, but those are like being braced by the hands of god.

I'm intrigued to see how well it converts to WDW's Tomorrowland because from what I've seen, it just seems tucked away in the corner. I hope it turns out really well, but I guess at this point, we will know relatively soon.
The seating position makes the ride but it’s just not comfortable for that long to be hunched over like that. I want our!

dmw

In the Parks
No
Sorry, even when they finish the canopy it won't have the outside or the RR until they start again. There is much to do and you can't do one thing before the other.
not trying to be rude or anything... but, is this your opinion or do you have factual knowledge of this? It would be sad to have the RR down so long.

JoeCamel

not trying to be rude or anything... but, is this your opinion or do you have factual knowledge of this? It would be sad to have the RR down so long.
Makes sense to me from a lifetime of construction.
Although with how things are looking in the world I wouldn't be surprised if the pause is short lived.

TrainsOfDisney

The last time I was at a Disney park (world or land) and the railroad was open was 2013. I don’t go infrequently!
The Disneyland Railroad is really well done, you’ll like it next time you visit. Ride the steamboat as well, the expansion with the rock work and all the AA’s is just wonderful.

Amazing they were able to shorten an island, re-route a “River” and build a mountain range complete with waterfalls, tunnel, bridge, and AA’s in a year and a half and WDW Railroad has been closed for over 2 years already for a cloned coaster in a box.

tparris

If they’re planning on completely finishing the canopy (led panels and all) before halting construction, it would be neat if they installed the control system for the lights. Realistically, I know they probably aren’t going to do that until they finish up the show building, but it would be cool for them to light up the canopy at night during the construction pause. Although even if they don’t do that, it will at least look mostly completed during the day from certain parts of Tomorrowland.

JoeCamel

If they’re planning on completely finishing the canopy (led panels and all) before halting construction, it would be neat if they installed the control system for the lights. Realistically, I know they probably aren’t going to do that until they finish up the show building, but it would be cool for them to light up the canopy at night during the construction pause. Although even if they don’t do that, it will at least look mostly completed during the day from certain parts of Tomorrowland.
It might depend on how they leave the area under the canopy, if it is just a dirt construction site then I would not expect lighting, if they were to landscape (won't happen until construction and WDRR is done) then I could see lighting it. I think it may be a bit of wait and see after the support trusses come out and the panels go in.

EricsBiscuit

The parks are slam packed I don’t understand why on earth they would delay this ride. Moreover, by the time they finish the canopy most of the country will have been vaccinated and even more people will vacation.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The parks are slam packed I don’t understand why on earth they would delay this ride. Moreover, by the time they finish the canopy most of the country will have been vaccinated and even more people will vacation.
1. They don't want to pay for the cost of construction for the quarters they're barely breaking even.

2. MK is already overcrowded and will be more so for the 50th.

3. The opening of TRON can be used to beef up attendance in the post-holiday lull.

Stupido

A happy side effect of TRON would be the awful arcade building going away!
Aw, that arcade wasn’t THAT bad was it?

I’m terribly biased. During my CP, one night after the ridiculous rush of working 14 hour days during spring break, they threw an after hours pizza party for my restaurant at that arcade. Anyone who worked with us at Pecos was able to come, and we had 2 hours of unlimited gaming and pizza at like 2 in the morning. It was such a wonderful memory that my friends and I still talk about to this day. If they did trash the arcade, I hope they still have in park after hours events to celebrate Cast Member’s hard work during busy seasons.

trainplane3

Aw, that arcade wasn’t THAT bad was it?

I’m terribly biased. During my CP, one night after the ridiculous rush of working 14 hour days during spring break, they threw an after hours pizza party for my restaurant at that arcade. Anyone who worked with us at Pecos was able to come, and we had 2 hours of unlimited gaming and pizza at like 2 in the morning. It was such a wonderful memory that my friends and I still talk about to this day. If they did trash the arcade, I hope they still have in park after hours events to celebrate Cast Member’s hard work during busy seasons.
From a guest perspective though, it's a oversized gift shop that's going to be a major bottleneck in the Tron area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom