News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

The Rocketeer

Anytime I think of Tron I imagine the sheer amount of people bottlenecked in between the speedway and the Space Mountain gift shop every morning. Unless that path was/will be widened significantly?

I haven't followed this tread as closely as others so I'm sure this has been discussed before and I just missed it.

corran horn

Anytime I think of Tron I imagine the sheer amount of people bottlenecked in between the speedway and the Space Mountain gift shop every morning. Unless that path was/will be widened significantly?

I haven't followed this tread as closely as others so I'm sure this has been discussed before and I just missed it.

Others have said it. I think it's pretty undeniable. I wonder if that old arcade building will stay around.

Zipadeelady

Is Tron going to be identical to the Shanghai Tron? I've been wondering this since about 200 pages ago but never asked and haven't followed the thread closely enough to see if it's been mentioned. I don't know anything about architecture or engineering but seeing the track and building as it's been being build seems so small and hard to imagine that it would last around three minutes like Shanghai does.

lazyboy97o

Is Tron going to be identical to the Shanghai Tron? I've been wondering this since about 200 pages ago but never asked and haven't followed the thread closely enough to see if it's been mentioned. I don't know anything about architecture or engineering but seeing the track and building as it's been being build seems so small and hard to imagine that it would last around three minutes like Shanghai does.
Yes it will be identical and it does not last three minutes in Shanghai.

TTA94

No news on the WDRR.

Can’t believe they won’t try to have this open in October. How hard is it to build construction walls, safe enough, around Tron? Heck they could build a cement tunnel so nothing potentially falls on the track or train. Where there’s a will there’s a way I guess like many other things lol.

Zipadeelady

Yes it will be identical and it does not last three minutes in Shanghai.
the ride last 1 minute.
Well that's disappointing. I looked up Shanghai on youtube and the video made it look like it was a lot longer. I guess you can't believe everything on the internet.

edit~ I watched the video a second time. It looks like they pieced together a few different videos to make one longer one. :confused:

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

Can’t believe they won’t try to have this open in October. How hard is it to build construction walls, safe enough, around Tron? Heck they could build a cement tunnel so nothing potentially falls on the track or train. Where there’s a will there’s a way I guess like many other things lol.
Concrete (which is made with cement) is not indestructible.

DABIGCHEEZ

I have not been following Tron and anything WDW nearly as much as I used to, but these pics make Tron look so close to Space Mountain, The Barnstormer, and the Speedway. Looks like it is crammed into the space like many lesser parks do(Six Flags and the like). Hope I am wrong, but that way from the pics. Also does the WDWRR go behind the building or through it in a tunnel?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I have not been following Tron and anything WDW nearly as much as I used to, but these pics make Tron look so close to Space Mountain, The Barnstormer, and the Speedway. Looks like it is crammed into the space like many lesser parks do(Six Flags and the like). Hope I am wrong, but that way from the pics. Also does the WDWRR go behind the building or through it in a tunnel?
Plenty of room...

1615403498852.png

Disstevefan1

I think the RR will go through a tunnel of sorts. Don’t worry, it gonna be just fine when it’s completed in two or three years from now.

CntrlFlPete

using a zoom makes it tough to tell.

t1.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom