News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

PlutoInOrlando

In the Parks
Yes
There are no less than 11 cranes - all with someone welding today.

Attachments

• 3E0B86DA-E0AA-4FF9-80A1-E13FE5C69F95.jpeg
    3E0B86DA-E0AA-4FF9-80A1-E13FE5C69F95.jpeg
    136.4 KB · Views: 128
  • 7C82989F-7232-49C8-8F00-3AFD4F3DBA5D.jpeg
    7C82989F-7232-49C8-8F00-3AFD4F3DBA5D.jpeg
    140.6 KB · Views: 115
  • 46EA1212-B57F-4039-931A-C61D8863617F.jpeg
    46EA1212-B57F-4039-931A-C61D8863617F.jpeg
    135.3 KB · Views: 114
  • C737F526-93BA-42D8-AD53-02B390526352.jpeg
    C737F526-93BA-42D8-AD53-02B390526352.jpeg
    152.8 KB · Views: 100
  • 492B5F7A-7BAF-4E06-97FD-E3679B0A6540.jpeg
    492B5F7A-7BAF-4E06-97FD-E3679B0A6540.jpeg
    154.4 KB · Views: 109
  • 28073467-02D5-4454-8F77-24E75764171A.jpeg
    28073467-02D5-4454-8F77-24E75764171A.jpeg
    125.9 KB · Views: 99
  • B66A91CB-02EA-4AA0-AB1F-A62DF310AFE9.jpeg
    B66A91CB-02EA-4AA0-AB1F-A62DF310AFE9.jpeg
    138.2 KB · Views: 113
  • 64FAD13D-0043-45CE-8829-E6D22B01CAE1.jpeg
    64FAD13D-0043-45CE-8829-E6D22B01CAE1.jpeg
    168.4 KB · Views: 133

SplashJacket

Undoubtedly this has been mentioned at one point or another in this thread, but I was snooping around animal kingdom lodge on google earth and found this batch of track. It is in November 2018. At this time none of Tron's track had been assembled, but by a year later, the coaster track is gone from the field, and Tron's track is constructed so I assume it was for Tron and not Guardians.

1615407559073.png

Walt d

So, no changes to the Speedway then? It's going to stick out even more.

Does this mean Speedway changes were cut at the last minutui
I don't get the hate behind this ride. Sure, it's not Pirates or Mystic Manor, but I mean they didn't have to give us anything. I understand why some people are upset, but c'mon! It's flipping TRON. I watched Legacy this morning and I am PUMPED. and the dig about the small fan base- we may be small, but we are dedicated. Also, there's more of us than you'd think.

tldr; stop complaining, it's not like they're putting GOTG in Epcot. Oh wait...
the imagine should still change out the cars on speedway for light cycles it would be perfect for all the little kids that can’t ride light cycles, due to height restrictions...

jaxonp

Well that's disappointing. I looked up Shanghai on youtube and the video made it look like it was a lot longer. I guess you can't believe everything on the internet.

edit~ I watched the video a second time. It looks like they pieced together a few different videos to make one longer one. :confused:

well as someone who’s ridden it, I can tell you three things.

1 - it’s beautiful to look at, especially at night
2- yes it’s short but it packs a punch
3- that said the seating position isn’t the most comfortable so I’m always glad to get off

Zipadeelady

3- that said the seating position isn’t the most comfortable so I’m always glad to get off
Thanks for the input. I've not looked into it much but you're the first that I've heard give it any sort of review. I'll keep an open mind until I've actually seen it and ridden it.

GimpYancIent

That would be interesting, nostalgic and, yes, fun. An MKRR loop encompassing all five parks with a station at each. Reality sets in though, not likely and too old school.

GimpYancIent

Imagine how that would screw up surface traffic!
Imagine how a continuous schedule uninterrupted with other vehicles in the way, no intersection stops (use bridges or tunnels as appropriate), relaxed with appropriately costumed conductor CM's. Not to every ones taste's but nothing is. None the less it would be a transportation alternative w entertainment value and nostalgia. Hey! anything is possible, It's Disney!

SplashJacket

The best part of Tron, to me, was not the actual ride, but what comes with it; the aesthetics and kinetics just add so much to Shanghai. It's just super cool. The lighting in the station and line makes me giddy. I probably spent a half-hour just watching the trains go by at night.

The actual coaster is not the most impressive. It's quite short and the several midcourse break runs greatly disrupt the pacing. DLP's Space Mountain is leagues better. I do find it very interesting that you were not a fan of the seating position. I actually thought it greatly improved the experience, of course, the restraints are not as good as DLP's new Space restraints, but those are like being braced by the hands of god.

I'm intrigued to see how well it converts to WDW's Tomorrowland because from what I've seen, it just seems tucked away in the corner. I hope it turns out really well, but I guess at this point, we will know relatively soon.

Bocabear

The best part of Tron, to me, was not the actual ride, but what comes with it; the aesthetics and kinetics just add so much to Shanghai. It's just super cool. The lighting in the station and line makes me giddy. I probably spent a half-hour just watching the trains go by at night.

The actual coaster is not the most impressive. It's quite short and the several midcourse break runs greatly disrupt the pacing. DLP's Space Mountain is leagues better. I do find it very interesting that you were not a fan of the seating position. I actually thought it greatly improved the experience, of course, the restraints are not as good as DLP's new Space restraints, but those are like being braced by the hands of god.

I'm intrigued to see how well it converts to WDW's Tomorrowland because from what I've seen, it just seems tucked away in the corner. I hope it turns out really well, but I guess at this point, we will know relatively soon.
I agree with you about the aesthetics...especially in person. In Shanghai the building is turned a bit so that it doesn't look so much like a warehouse from the Tomorrowland plaza.. The thing about the fit for Tomorrowland at WDW is that the rest of the land was not designed along with it...where in Shanghai it was... So there is nothing that relates to this new architectural style at all... Perhaps had they redressed the ride a bit to better match it's new surroundings... or added the amoeba canopies to the existing main Tomorrowland concourse...to tie it all together...make it feel like a true fit to the park instead of the sore thumb at the back of the park.
For all it's hype, while the ride was enjoyable it is ridiculously short and as stated the brakes really ruin the continuity of the ride.

Buried20KLeague

Exactly my feelings on it.

doctornick

Yeah, the position of Tron has always seemed off to me, tucked away behind/between the Speedway and Space. You'll get a good view of it while riding on the Speedway but mostly it won't be all that obvious until you are on the far side of Astro Orbitor in the land and looking north-ish. Probably the best view of the canopy and kinetics will be for someone coming out of CoP, especially if they walk towards Space Mtn.

Seems like a better placement for kinetics could have been south of Space so you might be able to see it head on walking into TL from the hub. Of course, that would have exposed the show building even more as it wouldn't be blocked by Space which I suspect was the main consideration for the placement chosen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom