News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

fgmnt

Really???? So, no incentive to go before October? I thought surely it would be open for Summer. That's a bummer WDW! ☹
I'm guessing the bean counters are expecting there is some kind of goldilocks zone where they will be able to have pent up demand come out in the summer and restrictive enough operations to justify not opening anything until the next FY. Frankly, I would expect most nighttime shows to be mothballed until 10/1 as well.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
So now what will all the vloggers do? They have to be in MK for the opening of the 50th and EPCOT for Rat! 😆

CC54B2CE-1409-4505-BB1F-B55FE66DB1C4.gif

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
All the more reason for me to stay with sea world and BG for yet another year. Disney is obviously writing off most of 2021 until october in hopes to recap everything all at once with one massive attendance surge.
2021 was already written off...from Disney’s perspective there’s no way to “salvage” a year with 6-12 months of low occ conditions...

But there won’t be a massive surge either.
People don’t seem to be understanding the economic difficulties that haven’t even dropped yet.

They know that the bottom is likely to fall out...and beyond that, travel patterns are near wrecked anyway.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
2021 was already written off...from Disney’s perspective there’s no way to “salvage” a year with 6-12 months of low occ conditions...

But there won’t be a massive surge either.
People don’t seem to be understanding the economic difficulties that haven’t even dropped yet.

They know that the bottom is likely to fall out...and beyond that, travel patterns are near wrecked anyway.

But... but... $1400 phunny money checks!!! You mean people won’t take those and immediately book a once-in-a-lifetime WDW vacation for little Johnnie and Susie???

Purduevian

So...
When this all started, I remember hearing that they wanted a large EPCOT expansion to pull people away from DHS in anticipation for the massive swarm of people that would descend on the smaller park for Star Wars. They had two major project ideas for the back of France.
1)Build a clone of the RAT ride from Paris
2)Build a BATB ride in connection with Tokyo

Rat was chosen to meet the window of opening around the same time as SWGE and BATB wouldn't make it in time.
May 31st 2019- SWGE opens without ROTR
December 5th 2019 - ROTR opens
March 4th 2020- M&MRR opens (the other ride meant to divert people way from SWGE)
September 28th 2020- BATB opens in Tokyo
October 1st 2021- RAT Plans to open in EPCOT

So BATB opened about a year after SWGE phase 1... Rat will open over 2 years after SWGE

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They can’t blame this long a delay on safety. What an absolutely ridiculous decision. This should have been open last year.

Did they bother to make an excuse?

Blue ocean tells you not to bother.

It sucks...but just to be clear (my wheelhouse):

They have a finished addition that they are choosing not to staff/open for the next 6 months of paying customers.

That’s the bottomline. There are no other things to consider.

I won’t change anyone’s mind on what “good” or “bad” management is...but I hope everyone considers this and at least remembers when you give your money to them. That’s fair.

Giss Neric

Guess this is to make up for the lack of 50th offerings?

How about Harmonious? Will it debut ahead of Ratatouille? October is still far away and they already have those gigantic barges sitting there for the next 7 months.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom