News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Them focusing on Disney+ more than the parks are more evident now that they have surpassed 100 million subscribers. I wanted it to be the other way around.

That is absolutely not an either or...don’t fall for the “choice”

Travel outlook is not good. And that is a long Cycle. They will delay or cancel everything until exhuberant spending on travel resumes without pause.

We do it...we encourage it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I was already looking at splitting up our summer Disney trip with Universal given that they have a bunch of new stuff and we will have gone to Disney in the spring. Hadn't pulled the trigger yet but I think this locks in a few hotel days there and the 15 month Uni AP. I can't complain too much without voting with my money

What’s sad is you’re much more “hardline” still around here than most 😉

ToTBellHop

Wow these posts didn't age well and this escalated quickly! Not criticizing either of you. It actually just points out the craziness of this thing. Two hours ago, 10/1/21 seemed so far off....
Yes, I’m...surprised. As with so many things during COVID-19, we’ve never seen anything like this (sitting on a finished ride for 6 months). Better change the “Summer 2021” sign real quick.

Weather_Lady

I was already looking at splitting up our summer Disney trip with Universal given that they have a bunch of new stuff and we will have gone to Disney in the spring. Hadn't pulled the trigger yet but I think this locks in a few hotel days there and the 15 month Uni AP. I can't complain too much without voting with my money

Same. Our summer trip will be half Universal (with seasonal annual passes, a second Universal-only trip booked for next February and possibly a third in April) and half Disney (with no plans to return before 2023, and some misgivings even about this truncated trip there -- we've already downgraded our tickets and are looking at offsite hotel options to jump to if "early park entry" doesn't pan out before our visit, as that's the only thing nudging us onsite at this point for the WDW leg of the trip).

I realize that saying, "Hey Disney, I'm gonna stick it to you by still coming but paying you only half as much" is pretty tepid as vote-with-my-wallet gestures go, but it's a baby step toward what I'm convinced will be offsite stays and shorter WDW jaunts in future years. As it stands, I'm not the only "decider" in my family, and my DH and kids were particularly eager to get back to WDW this year, even though I urged them to wait a couple years because there's so much less to do. I think for them, it's a mental thing: we visited WDW in February 2020, before we'd even heard of COVID and with no idea that it would shut down our entire lives less than three weeks later, and I think they feel like if we go back, it will serve as a psychological bookend that will mark the close of an incredibly stressful, weird and sad episode in our lives. Instead, I fear it may punctuate all that has changed.

But I digress....

Last edited:

mattpeto

It seems totally reasonable to me to give an October date to have a date out there and then to reevaluate if something changes strongly to the positive.

I am not saying it will move up, I just wouldn’t be shocked if it did.
I think a soft opening will be in order for Aug/Sep to draw the crowds.

M:SpilotISTC12

Not surprised. What incentive is there to open earlier? The more vaccinated people will come during the summer so the numbers will be there anyway so no need to plug a new attraction in when there is no boost to be needed.

ppete1975

I think the bigger question is, will both Tron and Guardians open next year? Or will they push one back to 2023? Will they time TRON’s opening to Splash’s closing? Or will they close Splash early because “We don’t need that many E-Tickets right now. We’re Disney! They will pay anyways.”?
my gut ... is if they can get both ready and running and nothing dramatic with the virus occurs they will do everything possible to open tron and guardians during the 18 month 50th anniversary and keep splash open until after. I think they wanted to do alot more for the 50th and at this stage just want to make it as big and grand as possible.
That being said they might close splash pirates jungle cruise space ship earth not reopen presidents and not have guardians or tron ready.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom