News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Agreed. And Rat will not really contribute to their decision to book. Star Wars absolutely will.

If not for Covid, Rat would have had two positives - Giving people another reason to visit the back of World Showcase and taking people in and off the walkways where they would otherwise be buying overpriced snack-sized portions of fancy shmancy food. Oh wait... 😉

Pre-Covid, I said this would have been a solid high D / low E ticket that would have drawn large numbers of people. Now... not so much. Not entirely of their own doing, but this was really a fumble. One could argue “wrong time, wrong park”.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
If not for Covid, Rat would have had two positives - Giving people another reason to visit the back of World Showcase and taking people in and off the walkways where they would otherwise be buying overpriced snack-sized portions of fancy shmancy food. Oh wait... 😉

Pre-Covid, I said this would have been a solid high D / low E ticket that would have drawn large numbers of people. Now... not so much. Not entirely of their own doing, but this was really a fumble.
To be honest things haven’t been going to plan for the last 18 months.

GimpYancIent

Pre-Covid, I said this would have been a solid high D / low E ticket that would have drawn large numbers of people. Now... not so much. Not entirely of their own doing, but this was really a fumble.
Some rodent costumed characters interacting with the guests and everything will turn out fine.

Surferboy567

So then I guess when is the right time to open? If it won’t impact 2021 ticket sales and GOTG and Tron are meant to impact 2022, why not open This spring to get people to book one less day at MK/DHS and 1 more at Epcot?
I know they don’t compare in the slightest. Wouldn’t it be wise for them to open an attraction to maybe take some of the attention off Velocicoaster. Not saying, they are comparable in any sense but if I was Disney I would be trying to open things. Especially with the 50th.

ToTBellHop

I know they don’t compare in the slightest. Wouldn’t it be wise for them to open an attraction to maybe take some of the attention off Velocicoaster. Not saying, they are comparable in any sense but if I was Disney I would be trying to open things. Especially with the 50th.
There’s no question that it will open by 10-1-21. The question is, do they open in Spring because it can or do they pick a date in the summer. I gather they want to see a few more weeks of covid numbers. That bump a couple weeks back spooked them.

Surferboy567

There’s no question that it will open by 10-1-21. The question is, do they open in Spring because it can or do they pick a date in the summer. I gather they want to see a few more weeks of covid numbers. That bump a couple weeks back spooked them.
I agree, no question they won’t sit on an attraction for that long. The thing that makes me wonder is that it seems Universal is content with opening their mega E ticket soon. I don’t think they announced a date yet but judging by their constant teasing and testing it seems to be soon. Why aren’t Disney ok with opening an attraction as well?

Is it only optics? Is it crowding fears? Maybe a bit of both. I can understand them wanting to see more data but nothing stops them from announcing a timeframe or season.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Tell them not to look after Spring Break.

But they know that already.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I agree, no question they won’t sit on an attraction for that long. The thing that makes me wonder is that it seems Universal is content with opening their mega E ticket soon. I don’t think they announced a date yet but judging by their constant teasing and testing it seems to be soon. Why aren’t Disney ok with opening an attraction as well?

Is it only optics? Is it crowding fears? Maybe a bit of both. I can understand them wanting to see more data but nothing stops them from announcing a timeframe or season.
There again Rat has been tested and tested.

You just can’t see it.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

It would be, but... The Bob’s subscribe to the Blue Ocean theory in Orlando, or at least did. 🤦‍♂️

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom