News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

CJR

It probably started with safety and then they said, why not go just a bit longer and draw some major attention to what should be a big anniversary, in which nothing otherwise promised for it will be ready, except for cosmetics. Seems mostly a marketing decision to me.

Now eyes should be on California, because they have some Marvel stuff due. Who will open what first?

djkidkaz

It probably wouldn’t be. Disney is going to have quite a bit of new attractions for many people who haven’t visited since the summer where things were more normal.

This. I think Disney’s idea here is to push Rat out far enough and make the 50th a big enough deal that people feel comfortable to book. If you open Rat next month, people are still not ready to commit to a Disney vacation just yet. But if you advertise all of these things for October when I presume most of us feel pretty secure that covid will be more of a horrible memory than something we’re still living through, folks might take that Stimulus money and spend it on a vacation towards the end of the year.

don’t forget the Halloween / Xmas parties will most likely be back and as mentioned most people haven’t gotten to ride the new Mickey Mouse ride. Disney was luckily in the middle of their biggest growth period in a very long time so they have a bunch of dominos that fell and more that will keep falling to help them recover quickly.

UNCgolf

I had no idea the creperie had a table service component. Are they going to have it open in the morning for table service breakfast?

As for Rat, this seems like a crazy decision but I don't really care about the ride -- it doesn't look very good to me -- so meh.

disneygeek90

This. I think Disney’s idea here is to push Rat out far enough and make the 50th a big enough deal that people feel comfortable to book. If you open Rat next month, people are still not ready to commit to a Disney vacation just yet. But if you advertise all of these things for October when I presume most of us feel pretty secure that covid will be more of a horrible memory than something we’re still living through, folks might take that Stimulus money and spend it on a vacation towards the end of the year.

don’t forget the Halloween / Xmas parties will most likely be back and as mentioned most people haven’t gotten to ride the new Mickey Mouse ride. Disney was luckily in the middle of their biggest growth period in a very long time so they have a bunch of dominos that fell and more that will keep falling to help them recover quickly.
The people can still come in October, though. It would be new to them no matter if it opens tomorrow or October. That's already going to be an incredibly busy week and may not ease covid concerns.

WDWYankee15

There’s no question that it will open by 10-1-21. The question is, do they open in Spring because it can or do they pick a date in the summer. I gather they want to see a few more weeks of covid numbers. That bump a couple weeks back spooked them.
I agree, no question they won’t sit on an attraction for that long. The thing that makes me wonder is that it seems Universal is content with opening their mega E ticket soon. I don’t think they announced a date yet but judging by their constant teasing and testing it seems to be soon. Why aren’t Disney ok with opening an attraction as well?

Is it only optics? Is it crowding fears? Maybe a bit of both. I can understand them wanting to see more data but nothing stops them from announcing a timeframe or season.

Wow these posts didn't age well and this escalated quickly! Not criticizing either of you. It actually just points out the craziness of this thing. Two hours ago, 10/1/21 seemed so far off....

Giss Neric

Isn't is frustrating that Velocicoaster, Iron Gwazi and Ice Breaker opens ahead of time. I know these are rollercoasters but this ride I'm sure is practically done. They can't even do it for a summer opening.

What about Avengers Campus. They said opening 2021. Will the land and Spiderman ride open ahead of Oct or after Oct?

Surferboy567

Wow these posts didn't age well and this escalated quickly! Not criticizing either of you. It actually just points out the craziness of this thing. Two hours ago, 10/1/21 seemed so far off....
Was just thinking that. Crazy how things change so fast. I particularly like my comment...
I agree, no question they won’t sit on an attraction for that long.
That didn’t age well...

mm52200

The people can still come in October, though. It would be new to them no matter if it opens tomorrow or October. That's already going to be an incredibly busy week and may not ease covid concerns.
Disney obviously doesn’t see a reason to draw more people currently. With their restrictions and reduced capacity/operation currently they seem to have no problem meeting their targets just from pent up demand now through the summer probably. Once they fully reopen that’s when they’re going to need the extra push for people to want to come.

pdude81

It makes perfect sense...don’t look for “hidden meaning”
Here.
The only way this makes sense to me is if they are looking at the staffing costs of that area in the short term. I can't imagine anybody will buy that this is something new for the 50th as opposed to taking away a Christmas present from the pile and rebranding it as an anniversary present.

Weather_Lady

67316761.jpg

This is just pathetic. After all that's been canceled and pushed back and delayed already...

Coming next: Disney announces that Space 220 and the Tron Lightcycle Coaster will be opening "soon," on January 1, 2028! Then, get ready for GOTG to "blast off" in 2032!

Surferboy567

Isn't is frustrating that Velocicoaster, Iron Gwazi and Ice Breaker opens ahead of time. I know these are rollercoasters but this ride I'm sure is practically done. They can't even do it for a summer opening.

What about Avengers Campus. They said opening 2021. Will the land and Spiderman ride open ahead of Oct or after Oct?
Yeah, I pointed this out before as well. I still can’t believe they are sitting on a brand new attraction for that long while other companies are opening attractions.

Surferboy567

This is just pathetic. After all that's been canceled and pushed back and delayed already...

Coming next: Disney announces that Space 220 and the Tron Lightcycle Coaster will be opening "soon," on January 1, 2028! Then, get ready for GOTG to "blast off" in 2032!
I’m actually worried then since Rat is October, TRON and Guardians will have to be spaced out accordingly. Pushing both back even longer then they already are.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The only way this makes sense to me is if they are looking at the staffing costs of that area in the short term. I can't imagine anybody will buy that this is something new for the 50th as opposed to taking away a Christmas present from the pile and rebranding it as an anniversary present.

1. The “for the 50th” died last March. It was the virus...and that’s how it will be written. Assists to bad leaders on that one too.
2. The reality is they aren’t getting enough attendance to justify burning a “new”
Thing..even if long overdue. Disney milks”
New” for years...they won’t burn that capital now.
3. I don’t think there are any illusions. This will be the thing opening his year...some shows assuming covid continues to decline..and the other things are pushed off to squeeze a
Few more years of PR out.

Ironic considering this is overdue stuff from 2010 anyway.

Giss Neric

Them focusing on Disney+ more than the parks are more evident now that they have surpassed 100 million subscribers. I wanted it to be the other way around.

BubbaisSleep

Wow, October lol.
Meanwhile Universal will have open the Bourne show & Velocicoaster during covid. They’ll probably open the new park in Beijing & Secret Lives of Pets when Hollywood this year too. SNW opens in Japan in 2 weeks. I’d understand if it was a new ground-breaking ride but we are talking about RAT & they stalled another clone (Tron). I know where I’d spend my money this year.

Once my initial disappointment settles, this does mean that Disney will give us something to look forward to 22/23 as I don’t think any of the other parks have projects besides Epic Universe.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yeah, I pointed this out before as well. I still can’t believe they are sitting on a brand new attraction for that long while other companies are opening attractions.

They are. 100%

This is where I get called “negative” for simple reality acknowledgment

I’m actually worried then since Rat is October, TRON and Guardians will have to be spaced out accordingly. Pushing both back even longer then they already are.

Is this in doubt?

What about the “play pavilion”? People forgot about that one.

Hardcore fans might feel that way. Your average WDW parkgoer has no idea how long this has been under construction or that it's a clone of an existing ride.

Very true. “Drink the sand”

pdude81

I was already looking at splitting up our summer Disney trip with Universal given that they have a bunch of new stuff and we will have gone to Disney in the spring. Hadn't pulled the trigger yet but I think this locks in a few hotel days there and the 15 month Uni AP. I can't complain too much without voting with my money

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom