Status
Not open for further replies.

Heppenheimer

Second dose done, let's see how many heads I can grow
Your post gave me this terrifying thought:

438.jpg

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I really wish Publix, CVS, etc. would allow wait lists; if there are open appointments and those doses only last so long, I would be happy to take it. That's how my mom got hers, but at the VA hospital
My dad was on a wait list. He’s a retired firefighter and the union was organizing shots for active firefighters but they setup a wait list for retired guys so if they got to the end of the day and had extra shots they would call you and you had to come in right away and get one. He ended up getting his vaccine at a hospital before ever getting called for the wait list, but I agree they should do something like that across the board.

SamusAranX

My dad was on a wait list. He’s a retired firefighter and the union was organizing shots for active firefighters but they setup a wait list for retired guys so if they got to the end of the day and had extra shots they would call you and you had to come in right away and get one. He ended up getting his vaccine at a hospital before ever getting called for the wait list, but I agree they should do something like that across the board.
Yep. i called Publix by my house, said they don't want to do that because it's too "complicated". Well, I imagine wasting thousands of dollars on missed appointments, unbooked slots, and wasted dosages is more important to the bottom line

willtravel

Just finished my final payment for Rack rate package at POP for December 10-20, 2021.

The dining room disclaimer has been removed (the one in pink) and now the dining plan shows up on the My plans section, but the message simply says cant add at this time.... soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo It is looking like things are happening at Disney... Anyone know if CM are getting called back/hiring blitz going on in FLA?

This Canadian cannot wait to Rise of the resistance against COVID, one Disney ride at a time. LEYYYYYYGOOOOOOOO
I could have sworn yesterday morning I saw a thread started saying the CM's were being called back. Cannot see it now though. 🤷‍♂️ Guess not enough coffee at 6:30 AM.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Yep. i called Publix by my house, said they don't want to do that because it's too "complicated". Well, I imagine wasting thousands of dollars on missed appointments, unbooked slots, and wasted dosages is more important to the bottom line
Plus if there’s no waiting list the employees get to call their friends and family if there are extra doses. I know a nurse who got her husband, parents, in-laws and several friends vaccinated before they were eligible using the extra doses available at the end of the day which would have gone to waste. The cynic in me does wonder if they opened an extra vial or 2 from time to time and said, oops...it’s gonna go to waste now, I guess I’ll call grandma.

DisneyDebRob

SamusAranX

Plus if there’s no waiting list the employees get to call their friends and family if there are extra doses. I know a nurse who got her husband, parents, in-laws and several friends vaccinated before they were eligible using the extra doses available at the end of the day which would have gone to waste. The cynic in me does wonder if they opened an extra vial or 2 from time to time and said, oops...it’s gonna go to waste now, I guess I’ll call grandma.
Wouldn't surprise me. I know it actually happened. Two friends, one 20, one 19, and perfectly healthy people, got called by their buddy who works as an ER nurse in Bradenton and they were able to get their shot(s) in January (!!!!!). kind of made me angry, but envious too.

Patcheslee

I have tried to find answers but come up short. Does anyone know why here, in Alabama, we aren’t getting enough vaccine? Our state is so far behind. We are still on 65+ and medical professionals. Even MS is further along. And it is NOT the inability to give shots. We don’t have any more shots to give. Appointments
Are being cancelled all the time
Due to supply. Wouldn’t the federal admin see this failure down south and step in? They keep setting up sites in florida and nothing at all here. We have had a positivity rate near 25% for months - finally down in the last few weeks. We need help!
They are opening to a very large group on the 8th, teachers have been eligible for a few weeks.
I haven't read about appointments being cancelled.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom