News Disneyland Resort To Be A Major OC Vaccination Site-OCR

TP2000

Well then I don't know what to tell you. Obviously as you've been told by several posters here its common to get asked to wait 15 minutes after getting any vaccine. I know its happened to me at my doctors office, and at Walgreens.

Just because it hasn't happened to you, apparently ever, doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Maybe ask your doctor, who you know socially anyways, why they don't ask you to stay 15 minutes after been given a vaccine.

I will.

I was also IM'ed by a poster here who is a CM whose only lifelong vaccination experience has been getting a flu shot from the third-party medical outfits that Disneyland pays to give out flu shots to 30,000 CM's every year, and that CM said they've never been asked to wait 15 minutes after getting a flu shot. And in 2015 they also got a free Measles shot from Disneyland after the Measles outbreak. No 15 minute observation period was offered then, either.

According to this person, flu shots are given out every autumn in the ballrooms of the Disneyland Hotel or Grand Californian Hotel for any CM who wants it. You also get a full medical screening for free; height/weight, blood cholesterol levels, blood pressure, etc. But once you get the flu shot, you are done, and you just leave the ballroom and go back to work at the Jungle Cruise. No 15 minute medical observation is offered.

I think it's hysterical that CM's keep IM'ing me to tell me the real dirt on stuff because they think I'm trustworthy. This is not the first time this has happened, and it ranges from random topics like flu shots to Krazy Karen celebrities who throw their name around when their nanny and their sister don't get into the park for free. 🤣

SuddenStorm

I will.

I was also IM'ed by a poster here who is a CM whose only lifelong vaccination experience has been getting a flu shot from the third-party medical outfits that Disneyland pays to give out flu shots to 30,000 CM's every year, and that CM said they've never been asked to wait 15 minutes after getting a flu shot. And in 2015 they also got a Measles shot after the Measles outbreak.

According to this person, flu shots are given out every autumn in the ballrooms of the Disneyland Hotel or Grand Californian Hotel for any CM who wants it. You also get a full medical screening for free; height/weight, blood cholesterol levels, blood pressure, etc. But once you get the flu shot, you are done, and you just leave the ballroom and go back to work at the Jungle Cruise. No 15 minute medical observation is offered.

I think it's hysterical that CM's keep IM'ing me to tell me the real dirt on stuff because they think I'm trustworthy. This is not the first time this has happened, and it ranges from random topics like flu shots to Krazy Karen celebrities who throw their name around when their nanny and their sister don't get into the park for free. 🤣

So let's add "Free vaccinations and a medical examination" to "Perks Disney CM's get that goes beyond pay".

So now it's something like-
  • Free admission to Disneyland and/or DCA almost every day (excluding busy holidays or special events) for yourself, and a main gate pass that allows you to sign in three others 15 or so times a year (if I remember correct)
  • Free parking at the Resort
  • Discounts on food and merchandise, including coupons for free snacks, extra dining discounts around the holidays. And 45% off merchandise during the fall/holiday season.
  • Access to Property Control and Company D- allowing you to purchase park and hotel used items, as well as overstock/returned merchandise from the resort at high discounts.
  • Access to a backstage pharmacy offering heavy discounts.
  • An annual medical screening + free vaccinations.
  • Free tuition for a variety of college programs and online certifications for any CM who's worked there for a few months.
  • Access to a 'Disney employee only' credit union.
  • Free access to the ART bus line.
  • Preview access to new shows, attractions, events, and tours. Last fall they did free CM holiday tours prior to the holiday tour debut, a preview of A Christmas Fantasy Parade, a preview night for the Oogie Boogie Bash, Cast Previews for Galaxy's Edge and Rise of the Resistance.
I feel like I'm forgetting some stuff but that's the gist of it.

TP2000

So let's add "Free vaccinations and a medical examination" to "Perks Disney CM's get that goes beyond pay".

• Free admission to Disneyland and/or DCA almost every day (excluding busy holidays or special events) for yourself, and a main gate pass that allows you to sign in three others 15 or so times a year (if I remember correct)
  • Discounts on food and merchandise, including coupons for free snacks, extra dining discounts around the holidays. And 45% off merchandise during the fall/holiday season.
  • Access to Property Control and Company D- allowing you to purchase park and hotel used items, as well as overstock/returned merchandise from the resort at high discounts.
  • Free tuition for a variety of college programs and online certifications for any CM who's worked there for a few months.
  • Preview access to new shows, attractions, events, and tours. Last fall they did free CM holiday tours prior to the holiday tour debut, a preview of A Christmas Fantasy Parade, a preview night for the Oogie Boogie Bash, Cast Previews for Galaxy's Edge and Rise of the Resistance.

You forgot...
  • Living Wage That We Won't Define As A Dollar Amount But We'll Know It When We See It, So Just Shut Up

Jiggsawpuzzle35

Back when I was a CM, my favorite perks were free Ducks and Angels tickets, and also the heavily discounted Ducks and Angels tickets. Also you got a free bowl of Chilli on Walt’s Birthday.

SuddenStorm

Back when I was a CM, my favorite perks were free Ducks and Angels tickets, and also the heavily discounted Ducks and Angels tickets. Also you got a free bowl of Chilli on Walt’s Birthday.

I got that chili last year! Solid stuff, and I'm never one to say no to a free lunch.

Even if every business class I took in college insisted there's no such thing as a free lunch...

SuddenStorm

You forgot...
  • Living Wage That We Won't Define As A Dollar Amount But We'll Know It When We See It, So Just Shut Up

The living wage isn't a set dollar amount. It's a variable rate that scales in regards to how many dependents you have, where you live, and if your household is dual income. Really, no job at Disneyland should have a set hourly wage, it should vary from CM to CM, not in regards to their quality of work or what the unions negotiated but should be based solely on that CM's personal requirements.

Also, whether or not that CM is part time is completely irrelevant. So really part time CM's should get paid significantly more than full time, since they still need a living wage but have to make it working less hours.

Sailor310

I spent 20 years in the Air Force. They often asked me to wait 15minutes before leaving the building. I believe it was for a flu shot....though it could have been cholera, yellow fever, gamma gobulin.....

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I will.

I was also IM'ed by a poster here who is a CM whose only lifelong vaccination experience has been getting a flu shot from the third-party medical outfits that Disneyland pays to give out flu shots to 30,000 CM's every year, and that CM said they've never been asked to wait 15 minutes after getting a flu shot. And in 2015 they also got a free Measles shot from Disneyland after the Measles outbreak. No 15 minute observation period was offered then, either.

How about we just agree that every persons experience getting a vaccine is going to only apply to them. And that just because you and the few posters who IM personally have never been asked to wait for 15 minutes might be due to the specifics of your individual experience and not indicative of the entire vaccine distribution program in the US. As has been now been confirmed by other posters as well as guidelines given out by the CDC themselves its more common than you realize to be asked to wait 15 minutes to ensure no adverse reaction occurs. And so now that you are aware of this is should come as no surprise that COVID vaccination sites are going to ask those getting the shot to wait 15 minutes.

Hope that covers it so we can move on from this. :)

CaptinEO

That's hysterical! Put a nurse on each car, with doctor's waiting at each station to treat the bad reactions.

I bet if Knott's Berry Farm had been designated a Vaccine Supersite, they would have figured out a way to do that with the Knott's Railroad. With Knott's exec Mr. Storbeck waving to each passing train. 🤣
I love that idea with the nurses on the car and doctors at each station!

Emmanuel

45AA26BC-7751-4573-9781-51E8DBC60302.jpeg

Travel Junkie

Huh? They make you wait 15 minutes for observation after you get the Covid shot to make sure you don't go into shock or have a seizure. That's not a conspiracy theory, it's just the facts.

You've been questioning the vaccine effectiveness based off nothing but rambling nonsense.

Every thread is full of your crazy theories about Covid, Newsom etc. Please stay on topic.

TP2000

You've been questioning the vaccine effectiveness based off nothing but rambling nonsense.

Every thread is full of your crazy theories about Covid, Newsom etc. Please stay on topic.

Will do! :)

For the record, I love vaccines. For the past 100 years they've saved the Western World from countless deaths and human misery. I'm all up to date on all my shots, and always have been. I find the anti-vaxxer housewives of America's tony suburbs to be idiots. They won't get a measles shot, but their face is pumped full of Botox. Brilliant!

I think I already stated this, but I will be waiting for the Johnson&Johnson one-shot option, because the multi-shots require very specific timing and I can't guarantee where I'll be 28 days later; La Jolla, Idaho, Total Wine & More? Who knows!

If the Johnson&Johnson vaccine is available at the Disneyland site, I may go there if the lines aren't too long when they get to Phase 1C, Tier One or whatever it is.

The topic at hand is vaccine distribution. That is up to each state how they manage it. So I can't guarantee that Governor Newsom won't come up again by me or someone else as California sinks further in the very bottom of the state rankings.

Go California, Beat Arkansas!

Last edited:

TP2000

Here's some news just coming out of Sacramento....

Governor Newsom has already changed the Phases and Tiers he was using. He has now allowed any Californian age 65 or older to get the vaccine, effective immediately. Previously, anyone under age 75 was supposed to wait for Phase 1C, Tier Two which was going to happen until the spring.

But now all Californians age 65 or older, regardless of health condition or career choice, may get the vaccine in Phase 1A.

Good news! Sanity is beginning to reign! Old people to the front of the line!

Last edited:

TP2000

I'd still like to know what the daily capacity is of these vaccine SuperSites they have built at Disneyland, Dodger Stadium, and around SoCal. The news has just said that the Disneyland site is capable of administering "thousands" of vaccines per day, but what does that mean? 3,000 per day? Or 35,000 per day?

California slipped two spots today in the vaccine administration rankings, and Texas rose several spots. Florida is doing rather well too! Current administration rates for the amount of vaccines that have been delivered to each state as of 1/13 are:

1. North Dakota = 53,000 Doses Delivered, 73.7% Administered (39,479)
9. Texas = 1,949,125 Doses Delivered, 46.7% Administered (911,461)
22. Florida = 1,676,300 Doses Delivered, 37.7% Administered (633,400)
44. California = 3,286,050 Doses Delivered, 24.8% Administered (816,301)
50. Arkansas = 274,000 Doses Delivered, 14.9% Administered (40,879)

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Here's some news just coming out of Sacramento....

Governor Newsom has already changed the Phases and Tiers he was using. He has now allowed any Californian age 65 or older to get the vaccine, effective immediately. Previously, anyone under age 75 was supposed to wait for Phase 1C, Tier Two which was going to happen until the spring.

But now all Californians age 65 or older, regardless of health condition or career choice, may get the vaccine in Phase 1A.

Good news! Sanity is beginning to reign! Old people to the front of the line!

FYI, California is just continuing to follow CDC guidelines, as the CDC changed their guidelines yesterday and California followed suit in allowing anyone 65 and older and those of any age with underlying health conditions that are more at risk of contributing to the spread of COVID.

ayyylmao

I'd still like to know what the daily capacity is of these vaccine SuperSites they have built at Disneyland, Dodger Stadium, and around SoCal. The news has just said that the Disneyland site is capable of administering "thousands" of vaccines per day, but what does that mean? 3,000 per day? Or 35,000 per day?

California slipped two spots today in the vaccine administration rankings, and Texas rose several spots. Florida is doing rather well too! Current administration rates for the amount of vaccines that have been delivered to each state as of 1/13 are:

1. North Dakota = 53,000 Doses Delivered, 73.7% Administered (39,479)
9. Texas = 1,949,125 Doses Delivered, 46.7% Administered (911,461)
22. Florida = 1,676,300 Doses Delivered, 37.7% Administered (633,400)
44. California = 3,286,050 Doses Delivered, 24.8% Administered (816,301)
50. Arkansas = 274,000 Doses Delivered, 14.9% Administered (40,879)

Gavin Newsom is a hack fraud

fctiger

FYI, California is just continuing to follow CDC guidelines, as the CDC changed their guidelines yesterday and California followed suit in allowing anyone 65 and older and those of any age with underlying health conditions that are more at risk of contributing to the spread of COVID.

This is great news for people like my mother. I didn't know this until now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom