News Disneyland Resort To Be A Major OC Vaccination Site-OCR

TP2000

Just because you didn't know something doesn't mean it is new.

"Vaccine providers, particularly when vaccinating adolescents, should consider observing patients (with patients seated or lying down) for 15 minutes after vaccination to decrease the risk for injury should they faint"

Huh. The Veterans Administration and Mission Hospital really should know that. Also CVS.

Again, I've received lots of vaccinations for many types of vaccines for years; at the hospital, in a doctor's private office, and at a corporate pharmacy. And never once has any doctor or nurse or medical organization told me to stay seated and be observed for 15 minutes after the shot. It just doesn't happen.

TP2000

They should put you on the DLRR as it is a 15 minute trip. This way they can have a continuous 15 minute loop of people.

That's hysterical! Put a nurse on each car, with doctor's waiting at each station to treat the bad reactions.

I bet if Knott's Berry Farm had been designated a Vaccine Supersite, they would have figured out a way to do that with the Knott's Railroad. With Knott's exec Mr. Storbeck waving to each passing train. 🤣

TP2000

Problematic vaccines are not administered.

Well, whatever the phrasing is that causes a 15 minute observation period.

Some vaccines are just crap right out of the gate. I got Zostavax, but then it was not good at all and lots of folks who got Zostavax still got Shingles. It was replaced with Shingrix a couple years ago, and there was a giant rush to get Shingrix to replace Zostavax and there were shortages and long waits for Shingrix. I got two doses over a six month period.

How on earth they ever allowed Zostavax to be released in the first place is beyond me, but it happened.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I’ve been asked to hold off for observation before heading out after getting vaccinated.

It happens.
Walgreens asks if you've had a bad reaction to a vaccine previously, if you say yes they hold you for observation after ANY vaccine is given. I suspect CVS is the same.

I know I've been held over at my doctors office when I've gotten vaccine boosters.

lazyboy97o

Well, whatever the phrasing is that causes a 15 minute observation period.

Some vaccines are just crap right out of the gate. I got Zostavax, but then it was not good at all and lots of folks who got Zostavax still got Shingles. It was replaced with Shingrix a couple years ago, and there was a giant rush to get Shingrix to replace Zostavax and there were shortages and long waits for Shingrix. I got two doses over a six month period.

How on earth they ever allowed Zostavax to be released in the first place is beyond me, but it happened.
It's called an allergic reaction. Do you consider dogs problematic? Is Dairy Queen problematic because I know someone who will do a Violet Beauregarde impression if he walks into one?

Californian Elitist

I guess I meant; was the waiting period required by the vaccine instructions itself, or did you just have a very earnest nurse?
I don’t know the process for each vaccination, in terms of rules and things like that. It could have been specific guidelines, it could have been the nurse, I’m not sure. I just know that I’ve been asked to wait after getting vaccinated, multiple times.
Walgreens asks if you've had a bad reaction to a vaccine previously, if you say yes they hold you for observation after ANY vaccine is given. I suspect CVS is the same.

I know I've been held over at my doctors office when I've gotten vaccine boosters.
I got a a Tetanus vaccine at CVS once and waited. This was last year.

TP2000

I got a a Tetanus vaccine at CVS once and waited.

There's no longer just a Tetanus shot. It's called Boostrix and it includes Diptheria and Pertussis, it's called TdaP and the brand name is Boostrix. So you are well protected as you didn't just get Tetanus, but also those two other nasty viruses.

But that's interesting because I just got my Boostrix shot three months ago with my Flucelvax at my local CVS. And the pharmacist didn't have me wait at all. There was no line to get the shots, no one waiting behind me, and we had a nice chat as she administered both shots.

But no wait time was mentioned, just handing me the paperwork and the long receipt with coupons for toothpaste. 🤣

Last edited:

TP2000

It's called an allergic reaction. Do you consider dogs problematic? Is Dairy Queen problematic because I know someone who will do a Violet Beauregarde impression if he walks into one?

Ah, well, whatever it is that's causing the bad reactions in the nurses and doctors who have already gotten the Covid vaccines.

I don't consider dogs problematic, but long haired cats are. I also consider cheap wool sweaters to be problematic, especially in damp weather as they just cause me to itch uncontrollably. But the nice part about that is my closet only has a few sweaters in it but they are all gorgeous because I can only wear cashmere! :D

Now I'm off to Google Violet Beauregarde to find out who she is!

TP2000

FYI its been only a small percentage that have had a bad reaction.

Yes, very small percentage. But still, it's interesting that there are 15 minute waiting tents. I imagine that's because the CDC is involved and these are their rules.

Guess you've never read or watched Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

I saw it once, but it's been decades. I Googled her; she's the bratty girl who gets sucked down a tube and killed first.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Yes, very small percentage. But still, it's interesting that there are 15 minute waiting tents. I imagine that's because the CDC is involved and these are their rules.
As has been said by several posters already its very common for a waiting period for ANY vaccine. Just because you haven't experienced it doesn't mean it doesn't happen regularly elsewhere.

I saw it once, but it's been decades. I Googled her; she's the bratty girl who gets sucked down a tube and killed first.
Nope, she is the one who eats the gum and blows up like a purple balloon. And she was second, and none of the kids were "killed".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom