News Disneyland Resort To Be A Major OC Vaccination Site-OCR

TP2000

i-NGBMksP-X2.jpg

i-6sjHk72-X3.jpg

i-6m3rLNx-X5.jpg

i-qzKm8Mk-X2.jpg

That's fascinating! Thank you for sharing!

As I suspected, it's a tent-to-tent-to-tent process moving from one end to the other. Then walking back around the perimeter back to your car.

Two churros for the first AP who complains about there not being tram service from the last tent! 🤣

fctiger

There actually is a plan sitting in a DC file cabinet somewhere that Biden knows about. The Obama administration left behind a "Virus Playbook" by the National Security Council that describes how the government should handle a pandemic. I do not know if it has any sort of vaccine distribution plan, but I just wanted to point out there is in fact a "secret plan sitting in a DC file cabinet" that Biden would be able to refer to.

Exactly! Thank you! You can make excuses all day long but much more could've been done and still can be done.

D

Deleted member 107043

ow that Trump is on his way out with a second impeachment and just being a disgrace all around I'm HOPING Biden keeps his word and make it clear they DO have a plan beyond just throwing it to the states and saying 'good luck'.
After 8 months of wrangling Congress recently passed a $900 billion COVID-relief bill, which Trump (finally) signed on December 27. Among other things The bill provides funding to the states for resources to assist with vaccine distribution and immunization. This money will hopefully speed up the process across the county over the course of the next few weeks..

Stevek

So looking at the above OCHCA pdf file, the public Entrance/Exit is at the corner of Katella and Clementine.

The Hotel at the upper right of the main photo is the Hampton Inn.
Feels like they have much less parking there...wonder if they will open up the TS lot entrance at some point go control the flow of traffic...if needed? Not sure you'll see the massive lines that you do for testing (Dodger Stadium for example).

MarvelCharacterNerd

So I was close... :) I predicted last August the state would use Toy Story lot for Covid testing. Took them an extra couple months but they're using it for vaccines instead.

Toy Story is an outdoor lot and not directly connected to park property (and isn't it sorta kinda owned by Anaheim rather than Disney anyway?). So just let the state test there and Disney stays out of it otherwise, like it seems they're doing in FL.

If I were a gambler, I'd...

1610502741242.png

TP2000

Walgreens asks if you've had a bad reaction to a vaccine previously, if you say yes they hold you for observation after ANY vaccine is given. I suspect CVS is the same.

No, not really. I get my annual Flucelvax at CVS every October. This past October I also got my Boostrix shot, which is the booster shot for Tetanus, Diptheria and Pertussis (Whooping Cough). It's faster and easier to do this at CVS compared to the VA.

When I made the reservation for the next day at CVS, it asked online if I've ever had an allergic reaction to a vaccine in the past or if I'm allergic to eggs. I checked "No", since that's my medical situation. The nice lady pharmacist who administered both shots never asked me to stay seated for an additional 15 minutes of medical observation. She just said "It was fun chatting with you, have a nice day!" and off I went next door to Trader Joe's for some shopping.

This has been my experience with all previous vaccines at a VA hospital, or my personal doctor's office. Except without convenient access to a Trader Joe's next door in the same shopping center.

SuddenStorm

I went next door to Trader Joe's for some shopping.

Trader Joe's freezer Margherita pizza and their diverse and fairly priced cheese section with their variety cracker pack are my new go to. Tasteful, delicious, and not overly expensive.

Tonight I enjoyed a Brie with prosciutto, Kalamata olives, served on their pepper & poppy crackers. A delightful way to snack, all courtesy of the local Trader Joe's.

TP2000

Trader Joe's freezer Margherita pizza and their diverse and fairly priced cheese section with their variety cracker pack are my new go to. Tasteful, delicious, and not overly expensive.

My nephew let me know over Christmas that Trader Joe's Bloody Mary Mix and a bottle of their Burnett's Vodka placed on the adjacent shelf makes for a mean cocktail for the younger set. I dared him to prove it to me, and he did! I added a dash of Worcestershire sauce and stirred it with a celery stalk, and it was damn good if I do say so myself. He says that cocktail menu can be had for about 10 bucks at Trader Joe's and serves a small party, or a loving young couple nursing a lazy Sunday brunch hour through the entire afternoon. ;)

I told the manager at my Trader Joe's last week that I was so happy they still carry Drambuie and some good Scotch and that Toki Japanese whiskey I like. He said "Sir, I don't think we should be in business if we didn't offer those basic staples", and I laughed and laughed through the store for the next 5 minutes! 🤣

Darkbeer1

Orange County opens coronavirus vaccinations to anyone 65 and older – Orange County Register (ocregister.com)

>>Any Orange County resident age 65 and older is now eligible to be vaccinated against the coronavirus, county health officials said Tuesday, Jan. 12.

People age 75 and older were recently given preference by the OC Health Care Agency as it starts up the vaccination campaign’s next stage, but after reviewing some alarming statistics on who is hospitalized and in intensive care because of COVID-19, the county’s vaccine task force late Sunday recommended expanding vaccinations to people 65 and older, County Health Officer Dr. Clayton Chau told the Board of Supervisors Tuesday.

Data from about 13 O.C. hospitals, which are providing the bulk of care to COVID-19 patients in the county, showed a majority of people who are hospitalized, as well as most of those requiring intensive care and in need of a ventilator, are 61 or older, Chau said.

As of Sunday, people over 60 accounted for 54% of COVID-19 patients in those hospitals, 72% of those in ICUs, and nearly the same percentage of patients on ventilators, he said. About 75% of O.C. residents who have died of the coronavirus were 65 or older.

“My goal is to make sure that we vaccinate the most vulnerable so we can prevent them from going into the hospital, going into the ICU, and most importantly, prevent them from dying,” Chau said.

On Tuesday, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommended in its guidelines the vaccine be made available to those 65 and older and California Health and Human Services Secretary Dr. Mark Ghaly said similar state rules could be coming quickly.

For now, Chau is advising people to contact their doctor or health provider to ask about getting inoculated. The county also is urging residents to plan to use a new app it helped develop called Othena, but the app is not yet allowing people to make vaccination appointments.

It was not clear Tuesday when vaccine appointments could be initiated by people who qualify in current phases without an invitation from the OC Health Care Agency’s partner organizations or private providers such as Kaiser Permanente, the county’s largest.

This week the county is opening a large-scale vaccination site at Disneyland, expected to be the first of five such operations. Receiving a vaccination at the site requires an appointment.
Anyone in the eligible age range will need an appointment initiated by organizations that serve older adults and are partnering with the county.

“There will also be targeted communications to these older adult communities,” the OC Health Care Agency’s Vaccination Distribution website says. The shots will be administered at both mass vaccination sites and smaller sites that will be deployed closer to where seniors live.

It remained unclear Tuesday if the rollout to older residents had already begun as the previously targeted health care professionals continued to queue up at invite-only vaccination sites in Anaheim, Irvine and Huntington Beach, where shots began last week.

The announcement came amid mounting pressure on health departments nationwide to get more needles into more arms.

Reflecting the previous emphasis on inoculating health care workers and those in nursing homes and similar facilities, Orange County data through Jan. 8 showed that out of more than 56,000 vaccinations given, about 4,500 were received by people 65 and older.

Chau told members of the vaccine task force during an emergency meeting Sunday that the county had administered roughly half of its supply of vaccines, noting that data provided to him by the state could be outdated due to slow reporting.

By that point, Orange County was ahead of the state as a whole, which had administered about a third of its vaccines, Chau told the group during the virtual meeting.

How quickly the county opens more vaccine “super sites” will depend on the quantity of vaccine the county can obtain, but officials have set a July 4 target to have effectively vaccinated everyone in the county. Chau told county supervisors Tuesday meeting that goal will require ramping up to at least 7,500 vaccinations a day.

“We need to do something fast in our community” he said. “It is not just about just reopening our economy, it is about taking care of our vulnerable communities.”

County officials encourage all residents to register at othena.com/individuals.php to be notified when the Othena app has appointments available and is ready for their use.<<

A couple of comments, there is a graph in the article stating that the current eligible folks are anyone in Phase 1A, plus the following folks in Phase 1B....Anyone age 75 and older; other emergency services and Anyone age 65 to 74.

And the current location for vaccines in Anaheim is the North Net Firefighting facility next to Angel Stadium.

TP2000

Orange County opens coronavirus vaccinations to anyone 65 and older – Orange County Register (ocregister.com)

>>Any Orange County resident age 65 and older is now eligible to be vaccinated against the coronavirus, county health officials said Tuesday, Jan. 12.

People age 75 and older were recently given preference by the OC Health Care Agency as it starts up the vaccination campaign’s next stage, but after reviewing some alarming statistics on who is hospitalized and in intensive care because of COVID-19, the county’s vaccine task force late Sunday recommended expanding vaccinations to people 65 and older, County Health Officer Dr. Clayton Chau told the Board of Supervisors Tuesday.

Data from about 13 O.C. hospitals, which are providing the bulk of care to COVID-19 patients in the county, showed a majority of people who are hospitalized, as well as most of those requiring intensive care and in need of a ventilator, are 61 or older, Chau said.

As of Sunday, people over 60 accounted for 54% of COVID-19 patients in those hospitals, 72% of those in ICUs, and nearly the same percentage of patients on ventilators, he said. About 75% of O.C. residents who have died of the coronavirus were 65 or older.

“My goal is to make sure that we vaccinate the most vulnerable so we can prevent them from going into the hospital, going into the ICU, and most importantly, prevent them from dying,” Chau said.

On Tuesday, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommended in its guidelines the vaccine be made available to those 65 and older and California Health and Human Services Secretary Dr. Mark Ghaly said similar state rules could be coming quickly.

For now, Chau is advising people to contact their doctor or health provider to ask about getting inoculated. The county also is urging residents to plan to use a new app it helped develop called Othena, but the app is not yet allowing people to make vaccination appointments.

It was not clear Tuesday when vaccine appointments could be initiated by people who qualify in current phases without an invitation from the OC Health Care Agency’s partner organizations or private providers such as Kaiser Permanente, the county’s largest.

This week the county is opening a large-scale vaccination site at Disneyland, expected to be the first of five such operations. Receiving a vaccination at the site requires an appointment.
Anyone in the eligible age range will need an appointment initiated by organizations that serve older adults and are partnering with the county.

“There will also be targeted communications to these older adult communities,” the OC Health Care Agency’s Vaccination Distribution website says. The shots will be administered at both mass vaccination sites and smaller sites that will be deployed closer to where seniors live.

It remained unclear Tuesday if the rollout to older residents had already begun as the previously targeted health care professionals continued to queue up at invite-only vaccination sites in Anaheim, Irvine and Huntington Beach, where shots began last week.

The announcement came amid mounting pressure on health departments nationwide to get more needles into more arms.

Reflecting the previous emphasis on inoculating health care workers and those in nursing homes and similar facilities, Orange County data through Jan. 8 showed that out of more than 56,000 vaccinations given, about 4,500 were received by people 65 and older.

Chau told members of the vaccine task force during an emergency meeting Sunday that the county had administered roughly half of its supply of vaccines, noting that data provided to him by the state could be outdated due to slow reporting.

By that point, Orange County was ahead of the state as a whole, which had administered about a third of its vaccines, Chau told the group during the virtual meeting.

How quickly the county opens more vaccine “super sites” will depend on the quantity of vaccine the county can obtain, but officials have set a July 4 target to have effectively vaccinated everyone in the county. Chau told county supervisors Tuesday meeting that goal will require ramping up to at least 7,500 vaccinations a day.

“We need to do something fast in our community” he said. “It is not just about just reopening our economy, it is about taking care of our vulnerable communities.”

County officials encourage all residents to register at othena.com/individuals.php to be notified when the Othena app has appointments available and is ready for their use.<<

A couple of comments, there is a graph in the article stating that the current eligible folks are anyone in Phase 1A, plus the following folks in Phase 1B....Anyone age 75 and older; other emergency services and Anyone age 65 to 74.

And the current location for vaccines in Anaheim is the North Net Firefighting facility next to Angel Stadium.

Old people first. This is not rocket science. It has been widely known this is who Covid kills since last March.

Thank God that Orange County recognizes that and is just going by age group and trying to cut as much red tape from Sacramento as possible. No "Equity Metric" required. Just old people, step to the front of the line!

We don't care what race you are, what ethnicity you are, whether you are L, G, B, T or just a boring old straight guy who subscribed to Playboy in the 1970's and thinks Olive Garden is good food. If you're old, you get a free Covid shot! That's how you end this whole mess.

Old people first!

TP2000

@Darkbeer, I just read the entire article at the OCRegister site. This sentence jumped out at me as nearly criminal!

"Reflecting the previous emphasis on inoculating health care workers and those in nursing homes and similar facilities, Orange County data through Jan. 8 showed that out of more than 56,000 vaccinations given, about 4,500 were received by people 65 and older."

My God. How on earth do they let that happen? Not that I don't think hospital workers shouldn't be among the first to get the vaccine, but it's the old people with co-morbidities who are dying of Covid. So give them the shots first, alongside hospital workers. This type of thing is maddening, as it's been clearly obvious for almost a full year now that Covid kills old people.

But then these sentences calmed me down a bit, and reminded me that Orange County will excel while other California counties drown in red tape and bureaucracy and virtue signaling Equity Metrics...

Thank goodness! Sanity seems to be returning! Just vaccinate the oldest people first, and work you way down the demographic food chain to the younger people this spring and summer. Pandemic defeated!

Disney Irish

Premium Member
When I made the reservation for the next day at CVS, it asked online if I've ever had an allergic reaction to a vaccine in the past or if I'm allergic to eggs. I checked "No", since that's my medical situation.
This right here is the exact reason why you never get asked to wait. Without realizing it you have opted out of the 15 minute wait period because you answered no.

Had you answered yes they would have asked you to wait 15 minutes for observation, even at the good old CVS. Also had you died in the parking lot due to an adverse reaction CVS would have been legally cleared because you answered No.

See my friend, there are explanations for everything. Just because you haven't experienced it before doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

TP2000

This right here is the exact reason why you never get asked to wait. Without realizing it you have opted out of the 15 minute wait period because you answered no.

Had you answered yes they would have asked you to wait 15 minutes for observation, even at the good old CVS.

See my friend, there are explanations for everything. Just because you haven't experienced it before doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

CVS is the only place that has asked me if I'm allergic to eggs via their website. (I love a good Eggs Benedict!)

The VA and my personal doctor has never asked me that question. It's such a weird thing to ask that I would remember that. It's just jab, slap the band-aid on, and happy motoring!

Disney Irish

Premium Member
CVS is the only place that has asked me if I'm allergic to eggs. (I love a good Eggs Benedict!)

The VA and my personal doctor has never asked me that question. It's such a weird thing to ask that I would remember that. It's just jab, slap the band-aid on, and happy motoring!
Walgreens asks the same questions.

Why you're doctor or the VA doesn't do it I don't know. Could be because they have your medical history on file and know if you've had an adverse reaction before or are allergic to any active ingredient in any of the vaccines they give you.

TP2000

Walgreens asks the same questions.

Why you're doctor or the VA doesn't do it I don't know. Could be because they have your medical history on file and know if you've had an adverse reaction before or are allergic to any active ingredient in any of the vaccines they give you.

As I said before, I'm allergic to long-haired cats and cheap wool sweaters. But the VA doesn't know that.

My personal doctor, who I'm friendly with socially, probably knows that because he's only seen me wear cashmere.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
As I said before, I'm allergic to long-haired cats and cheap wool sweaters. But the VA doesn't know that.

My personal doctor, who I'm friendly with socially, probably knows that because he's only seen me wear cashmere.
Well then I don't know what to tell you. Obviously as you've been told by several posters here its common to get asked to wait 15 minutes after getting any vaccine. I know its happened to me at my doctors office, and at Walgreens.

Just because it hasn't happened to you, apparently ever, doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Maybe ask your doctor, who you know socially anyways, why they don't ask you to stay 15 minutes after been given a vaccine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom