News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Rich Brownn

I’m saying this in an extreme way, but why would you think that? Cause the average guest is too stupid to understand what you understand?

It doesn’t take a Disney historian to understand that the big box with rocks on sticks is Pandora or Galaxies Edge.
Your talking about people who can't find the restroom with a 20-foot "restroom" sign above it LOL

ToTBellHop

I personally respect all Imagineers and not the business people above them who made them put Frozen in Epcot.
Eh. There are bad Imagineers.

For example, no MBA said, “make sure Dame Judi Dench’s narration is dripping with enough condescension to make it clear that we think you were asleep during high school history class.” Imagineers wrote the script.

Bocabear

For example, no MBA said, “make sure Dame Judi Dench’s narration is dripping with enough condescension to make it clear that we think you were asleep during high school history class.” Imagineers wrote the script.
That is hardly an example of a bad imagineer, and that script was approved by not only the sponsor but every tier of production of the attraction...Nor is it even worthy of noting as something bad...Bad would be the horribly done meet and greets over all of the properties... Bad would be putting attractions that don't match the mission of the park in place... Bad would be choosing Toy Story Land over a fully realized Carsland...
I believe the Imagineers can still do beautiful things, they just need better direction.

Movielover

Eh I still go back to its manly a management problem. For example Frozen Ever After is good, what's there is nice. The problem is it's there. The makeover of Imagination was awful because of the horrendous budget they were allowed. It all stems from the top, the Imagineers are just doing what's mandated.

ToTBellHop

That is hardly an example of a bad imagineer, and that script was approved by not only the sponsor but every tier of production of the attraction...Nor is it even worthy of noting as something bad...Bad would be the horribly done meet and greets over all of the properties... Bad would be putting attractions that don't match the mission of the park in place... Bad would be choosing Toy Story Land over a fully realized Carsland...
I believe the Imagineers can still do beautiful things, they just need better direction.

Eh I still go back to its manly a management problem. For example Frozen Ever After is good, what's there is nice. The problem is it's there. The makeover of Imagination was awful because of the horrendous budget they were allowed. It all stems from the top, the Imagineers are just doing what's mandated.
I don’t give modern Imagineers nearly as much credit as you both. I wish I shared your optimism. They were given $1 billion for Galaxy’s Edge and made mind-boggling errors. Is it their fault the table service was cut? Of course not. Is it their fault many guests don’t think Smuggler’s Run is fun? Yeah. Even Rise of the Resistance is phenomenal but cannot meet the demands of a Disney theme park. That is a huge blunder.

Did a manager do the scaling on Beast’s Castle? Or the scaling for really any of New Fantasyland?

Did a manager demand that there be enormous tacos in World Showcase Lagoon?

It’s amateur hour at WDI and they keep losing veteran talent.

You have a bad mixture of management who want “MORE DISNEY!” and Imagineers who are unaware of basics of theme park design (we don’t need shade in a Toy Story land in Florida!).

What do we think will happen at DAK without Rohde to defend it?

ToTBellHop

Scott’s masterpiece is still Spider-Man imho. I’m going to guess it was management and not Scott’s talent.

But I agree something is off with wdi
Management did not force Trowbridge to build a super E-ticket that doesn’t work. WDI picked the ride systems. I think an issue is there is not enough talent to create adequate checks-and-balances. The Disney classics weren‘t designed in a vacuum by one Imagineer. All Imagineers asked each other hard questions about their designs (Walt, as well, in the ‘50s and ‘60s). Now, someone brown-noses enough to get a project and that person then manages a team. The ants just do as they are told.

Blame management for the lack of streetmosphere.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It is absolutely their fault. They lost control of costs elsewhere and had to make cuts. More often the "budget cuts" people complain about are cuts made to keep the project in budget because other aspects are exceeding the budget.
But when a 3rd party cable car costs over 200 million you (they) have to start thinking why.

Last edited:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
1610381254403.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom