Rumor Version of MaxPass coming to WDW in May?

MJJME

Seems to me that if you like FP+ on these forums then you get attacked and bullied...……...The point that was being made is that WDW needs to incentivize it's guests more because it has a great deal of hotel rooms to sell and FP doesn't cost them anything extra to offer those guests as a perk......…….Hotel room capacity is only going higher (not lower despite whatever you say)…………….Its very apparent that Disney is struggling very bad right now by 50% of its guests being locals/AP holders...……....I find it VERY hard to believe that they will get rid of a perk that costs them no money and helps them sell hotel rooms when multiple analyst think their revenue recovery will take as long as 3-5 years to recover from the pandemic

Chi84

Premium Member
Seems to me that if you like FP+ on these forums then you get attacked and bullied...……...The point that was being made is that WDW needs to incentivize it's guests more because it has a great deal of hotel rooms to sell and FP doesn't cost them anything extra to offer those guests as a perk......…….Hotel room capacity is only going higher (not lower despite whatever you say)…………….Its very apparent that Disney is struggling very bad right now by 50% of its guests being locals/AP holders...……....I find it VERY hard to believe that they will get rid of a perk that costs them no money and helps them sell hotel rooms when multiple analyst think their revenue recovery will take as long as 3-5 years to recover from the pandemic
Don’t worry about the bullies. The only one who has to agree with you is Disney.

Chomama

I am by no means an expert but from what I understand :
IF they. Get rid of FP+ it won’t be bc they don’t want to incentivize hotel stays. Fp May be causing more harm than good in terms of guest spending and satisfaction. The lines are longer, lots of people milling about waiting for fp windows, etc. Part of the original idea was to use it to spread out crowds and , more importantly, get people in shops and restaurants to spend money while they wait, instead of standing in a line. However what happens is you get a fp for splash and while you wait you go ride pirates and see country bears to maximize your time. Therefore you aren’t shopping. And you are now in two lines instead of one. I am sure it is much more complicated but Disney isn’t pausing fp bc it doesn’t care that people like it. They are pausing bc it isn’t effective. It’s hard to believe but you will likely have a more enjoyable day and experience more attractions without it. Time will tell...

brettf22

Premium Member
After experiencing a FP-less WDW last week, I gotta say ... and I never thought I’d utter these words ... I kinda missed FP+. Now, my experience is definitely not typical, since I was a solo traveller. And the current FP+ system provides an almost unfair advantage to solo visitors, especially ones who know how to work the system. Even with “low crowds,” I waited more in lines last week than I have on previous solo trips, mostly because, with FP+, I can pretty much find a ride to get on almost immediately. That was not the case last week.

It was also even more obvious that one of the main reasons for FP+ is to spread out people. There were many times when one or two rides in a park would have 35-45 minute waits, but other rides were walk ons. For example, at DHS one afternoon, Slinky was a 45 minute wait, but there was literally nobody in TSMM. Nobody. They let me stay on and ride it several times in a row because there was nobody waiting in line. But if I wanted to ride some of the more popular rides, I had no choice but to wait in line. So, while I was able to ride some rides a lot more than normal (such as TSMM), I was only willing to wait the 30-45 minutes for other rides (like ToT) once, where normally FPs would be fairly easy to pull for these rides.

And having experienced MaxPass several times, I would definitely choose it over FP+ if I were traveling with a group. IMO, it allows for a more relaxed, organic touring of the park.

TTLUTS

To clarify a few things, since I now can:

“Free” FP will still be available as they are now. However they may not be free for the more popular attractions, or the ratio of “free” fast passes for the more popular attractions may be reduced. The ratio may be fluid, or alter over time. You may find you can’t get a “free” fastpass for Mine Train since they’ve “all run out” but you may then magically be able to pay for one.

There may be at least three different packages of paid fast pass available. As I understand it there maybe a limit on re rides (no more fast passing BTM then getting another one in the same day) depending on the product purchased.

This may be implemented on the newest and shiniest attractions first, once said attractions begin to take fastpass. The ratio here will possibly start quite low in favour of free passes and slowly change.

This may happen later this year.
Hello........I was reading an article that i researched on google about if/when FP+ would return and it had a link to this forum and you (it said Martin) in particular so i clicked on it and was directed here.......It implied that you are an insider and have vest knowledge of the inner workings of Disney/FP+............I am not sure if i am overstepping boundaries by asking this (or if you have any information on this), but do you know when WDW will reinstitute FP+ (or some version of it)? Will you still be able to reserve in advance (for eg. at the 60 day window for resort guests) or will it be like DL version and all have to be day of? It seems that the lines are getting very long and when the spring comes that capacity is likely to increase, especially with the spring break/Easter crowds and the lines might end up being insanely long based on current situation when it's busy at just 35% capacity

TTLUTS

Hello........I was reading an article that i researched on google about if/when FP+ would return and it had a link to this forum and you (it said Martin) in particular so i clicked on it and was directed here.......It implied that you are an insider and have vest knowledge of the inner workings of Disney/FP+............I am not sure if i am overstepping boundaries by asking this (or if you have any information on this), but do you know when WDW will reinstitute FP+ (or some version of it)? Will you still be able to reserve in advance (for eg. at the 60 day window for resort guests) or will it be like DL version and all have to be day of? It seems that the lines are getting very long and when the spring comes that capacity is likely to increase, especially with the spring break/Easter crowds and the lines might end up being insanely long based on current situation when it's busy at just 35% capacity
It was from an article in orlandoweekly.com

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Check out this...

TTLUTS

Hello. Things are still undecided (understandable at the moment) but Fastpass at WDW as it was known was being looked at to be altered. The extent of how much wasn’t clear before Covid, and is more muddy now.
So there's a chance it will not return by Easter?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So there's a chance it will not return by Easter?
FP isn't returning until the maximum capacities are lifted and that won't happen until a vaccine hits the general population... which isn't expected to happen before June.

And even then, Martin said they're looking to do away with it entirely and replace it with something like Disneyland's Maxpass or some other thing... maybe.

So... just don't count on it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom