The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

Clearly she didn't forget though. Had she forgotten, she would have just gone through security and they would have found it. (That happened to me at DLP with my dad's pocket knife. My dad had just died a few months before and I had been carrying around his pocket knife just to feel close to him, to remind me of him. I got to security and they found it when I forgot I even had it with me and I took it back to the resort and then went back through security) And she didn't have a permit to carry anyway, but who leaves a child in charge of a loaded gun?? I worry about the kid...how traumatizing must it be to be all excited to go to Disney and get to ride all the things you've been looking forward to, and see characters, and instead watch your mom get arrested and banned from ever going to Disney in the future? I think it would probably turn a kid off Disney...you would always associate it with your mom getting arrested. And then since DCF was called, there's every possibility that he could be removed from the home if they determine it's not a safe environment for him. He's the one who pays the price for her stupidity.
I suppose it's possible, however, the likelihood is that they are going to realize who the guilty party is. I doubt that in the future her children will be huge fans of her.

Songbird76

Where's the bacon
beef GIF

Songbird76

I suppose it's possible, however, the likelihood is that they are going to realize who the guilty party is. I doubt that in the future her children will be huge fans of her.
No, they probably won't be her biggest fans. But as a child, it's traumatizing and has the potential to cause PTSD. My daughter had a friend in elementary school who was terrified of police and would get a panic attack whenever she saw them, because they arrested her dad in front of her. It will be years, maybe decades, before this boy realizes it was all his mom's doing. But Disney might still remind him of it and always be a trigger for him. And it's a heck of a thing for a small child to have to live with...and this is probably the tip of the iceberg. Who knows what else she's put him through? Poor kid.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom