News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

RSoxNo1

I would guess, judging by HEA, they could possibly bookend the IP greatest hits with a brand new song written just for this show, just like "Happily Ever After" starts and ends HEA.
There are ways to do this where you celebrate the nations around the world and how we all live in Harmony. Conceptually that's an EPCOT-esque message, but it also has a very high likelihood to become PhilharMagic's bonus B-sides with a soundtrack that lacks logical connection from song to song.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
There are ways to do this where you celebrate the nations around the world and how we all live in Harmony. Conceptually that's an EPCOT-esque message, but it also has a very high likelihood to become PhilharMagic's bonus B-sides with a soundtrack that lacks logical connection from song to song.

They could use Compass of Your Heart (the Sinbad song in Japan) by Menken. Sounds great in Japanese on the ride. The English covers that are available on the Net ruin it.

Though, judging by HEA, Disney will want something more pop-ish than Broadway-ish.

Let's just hope they don't use IaSW.

Magic Feather

They could use Compass of Your Heart (the Sinbad song in Japan) by Menken. Sounds great in Japanese on the ride. The English covers that are available on the Net ruin it.

Though, judging by HEA, Disney will want something more pop-ish than Broadway-ish.

Let's just hope they don't use IaSW.
I’ve heard a few music samples, and most of the show’s soundtrack is something that I wouldn’t consider Pop-ish or Broadway-ish. In fact, the sound bites I heard made me question if the How Far I’ll Go/Go the Distance mashup that was used at D23 and EE is the actual finale.

Also, I’ve been told to expect at least a little bit of original score.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Considering the EPCOT tribute show closed with a song from Aladdin, I have zero hope that the HarmonioUS soundtrack will be anything but music from Disney animated movies.

The soundtrack for Rivers of Light was great, but the score for Stitch's Great Escape was good too. Music is a big part, but it's not the only part. More often, the music is capable of ruining an attraction/show but not anchoring an attraction/show.
Yep.

TTA94

I’ve heard a few music samples, and most of the show’s soundtrack is something that I wouldn’t consider Pop-ish or Broadway-ish. In fact, the sound bites I heard made me question if the How Far I’ll Go/Go the Distance mashup that was used at D23 and EE is the actual finale.

Also, I’ve been told to expect at least a little bit of original score.

Glad that it likely won’t be the finale. From what you have heard, aside the IP, is the soundtrack something we are all going to like?

Figments Friend

Listening to that audio clip above i have a sinking feeling that 'HarmoniUS' is going to just be a 'Happily Ever After' on the water....with similar music.

The idea that seems suggested by the above clip is that during a segment of the Show we will be hearing famous Disney movie tunes sung in different languages.
Using songs the world knows, sung in some of the native languages of the respective countries represented within World Showcase, could be seen as a novelty by some.
The songs representing the unity of the different nations, to sing in 'harmony' together.

Some may see that as a clever thing....but the first impression i am getting is this is a slightly shallow way of getting that point across.
And a bit 'cheap n' easy'.

Instead of something impactful, emotionally stirring, and musically stunning as well as visually we are getting yet another expensive 'clip show'......but this time the International Edition !
Just edit together some of the already exsisting language dubs done for the international releases of Disney's animated films and wha-lah !
Instant and 'easy' Show soundtrack that is pushing 'Branding, Synergy, and DISNEY'.

At Epcot.

Grrr...
😠

I know.....i know......wait until i actually SEE the full Show before criticizing and passing judgement.
And i shall.
These are just my first impressions with what audio i have heard to date, and it does NOT have me excited.
Hoping that changes, but at the moment i don't have a positive feeling about what is coming.

Let's see what happens.....things change all the time.

-

-

Last edited:

Figments Friend

This is true, but things don't usually change toward Disney putting more effort into things. This show is going to really hurt when people realize we lost Illuminations for it.

True in many cases, but my comment that was quoted referred more to the chance that I might change my opinion once seeing the final product.
And yes, it referred to Disney often changing plans as well.

I definitely agree however that 'today's Disney' has a erratic track record over the last few years when it comes to delivering quality new additions to the Florida Parks.
I'm not nessesarily referring to just the entertainment aspects ,which I rather enjoy.
I'm also referring to Attractions and other offerings.

'Illuminations : RoE' was something special and had a amazing 20 year run....and it would be nice to follow up that legacy with something truly outstanding and a 'step up'.

While the tech may be advanced for the new 'HarmoniUS' production, what a good Show needs is more then just the latest 'flashy tech' novelty.
It needs soul, and something to capture a audiences imagination and emotions to make it memorable.

A 'clip show' of projected movie images and recycled audio clips from said 'movie video clips' is NOT a good way to go about this.
That presentation format has been overused, and then some.
But everyone's milage per mile will vary.

Hoping for a good Show.....let's wait n' see.

-

Last edited:

Magic Feather

Glad that it likely won’t be the finale. From what you have heard, aside the IP, is the soundtrack something we are all going to like?
Not at all saying it likely won't be the finale, just that it doesn't match what I had heard. However, I didn't see the Youtube clip above with the intro music that proceeds the music used in the Epcot Experience, which matches a lot better. At best, if not the finale, I could see that bit acting as the "fake out finale" like HEA has with Go the Distance.

What I have heard is that the music will largely be Disney songs (intro, finale, and transitions may be original music) sung in a variety of languages with arrangements that match the story's cultural origin. Think back to how Jungle Book: Alive with Magic mixed traditional Bollywood Music with the songs of the Jungle Book. Now also add some different languages for the vocalists with a variety of different stories and you have Harmonious.

Also, I do have reason to believe that this show won't be a *total* mashup, and may have some semblance of a framing device.

techgeek

Using songs the world knows, sung in some of the native languages of the respective countries represented within World Showcase, could be seen as a novelty by some.
What I have heard is that the music will largely be Disney songs (intro, finale, and transitions may be original music) sung in a variety of languages with arrangements that match the story's cultural origin. Think back to how Jungle Book: Alive with Magic mixed traditional Bollywood Music with the songs of the Jungle Book. Now also add some different languages for the vocalists with a variety of different stories and you have Harmonious.

This totally reads like somebody in entertainment latched onto all those “wouldn’t it be great if It’s A Small World was moved to World Showcase???!” armchair imagineering fantasies...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom