News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

michmousefan

Check out this rather amazing fireworks display that was intended for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics Opening Ceremony... recently performed for a smaller audience. Stunning.
Harmonious, the gauntlet is thrown down...

gerarar

Premium Member
Check out this rather amazing fireworks display that was intended for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics Opening Ceremony... recently performed for a smaller audience. Stunning.
Harmonious, the gauntlet is thrown down...

Just watching that video, it seems awfully weird and fake-ish. There’s barely any smoke blowing in any direction and the timing of the fireworks was just too too perfect. There wasn’t even any misfires, which was a dead giveaway.

Did some digging and turns out it’s fake. Not even a real fireworks display at any point of time, rather a simulation from a couple years ago.
More info here:

michmousefan

Just watching that video, it seems awfully weird and fake-ish. There’s barely any smoke blowing in any direction and the timing of the fireworks was just too too perfect. There wasn’t even any misfires, which was a dead giveaway.

Did some digging and turns out it’s fake. Not even a real fireworks display at any point of time, rather a simulation from a couple years ago.
More info here:

Well, seemed a little too good to be true. Guess fireworks tech hasn't evolved that much! Thanks for digging.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Agreed. I think as long Harm has a decent story and flow along with a good soundtrack then we should be good. That was one of major issues with Rivers of Light. Well, and EF.
If Harm is full of Disney IP songs as opposed to an emotional, fitting and original soundtrack we won’t be good. If we want songs from cartoons then we have HEA for that.

RoL had a stunning soundtrack to begin with. It’s execution and technical issues failed it - along with lack of finale.

trainplane3

Agreed. I think as long Harm has a decent story and flow along with a good soundtrack then we should be good. That was one of major issues with Rivers of Light. Well, and EF.
Soundtrack spoiler:
Capture.JPG

The creativity knows no bounds.

RSoxNo1

If Harm is full of Disney IP songs as opposed to an emotional, fitting and original soundtrack we won’t be good. If we want songs from cartoons then we have HEA for that.

RoL had a stunning soundtrack to begin with. It’s execution and technical issues failed it - along with lack of finale.
Considering the EPCOT tribute show closed with a song from Aladdin, I have zero hope that the HarmonioUS soundtrack will be anything but music from Disney animated movies.

The soundtrack for Rivers of Light was great, but the score for Stitch's Great Escape was good too. Music is a big part, but it's not the only part. More often, the music is capable of ruining an attraction/show but not anchoring an attraction/show.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Considering the EPCOT tribute show closed with a song from Aladdin, I have zero hope that the HarmonioUS soundtrack will be anything but music from Disney animated movies.

The soundtrack for Rivers of Light was great, but the score for Stitch's Great Escape was good too. Music is a big part, but it's not the only part. More often, the music is capable of ruining an attraction/show but not anchoring an attraction/show.

I would guess, judging by HEA, they could possibly bookend the IP greatest hits with a brand new song written just for this show, just like "Happily Ever After" starts and ends HEA.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom