News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

TTA94

They use to, remember when Germany turned into a gingerbread castle? would love if they did that again. And I would still love (in my fantasy head) to see Norway and Morocco outlined in the lights (I know M can't because of its religious significance, but N didnt because at the time they (sponsors) didnt want to pay for it to be added in.

I know it’s doesn’t necessarily mean anything but from the Epcot experience preview it shows the pavilion outline lights fading in and out in a way we haven’t seen before. That’s what made me wonder if there are being updated.

mattpeto

It depends on when nights shows are permitted again. Even if it’s not until next year EF will probably return.

Are night shows banned legally? Doesn't Sea World have a fireworks party?

I thought the night shows were just logistical nightmares, but not impossible. With proper social distancing including a safe entering/exiting strategy, I'd thought they would be possible. I could be mistaken though.

Epcot is the first place I expect night shows to return. Plenty of space around World Showcase to social distance, but entering/exiting is another beast.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

I thought the night shows were just logistical nightmares, but not impossible. With proper social distancing including a safe entering/exiting strategy, I'd thought they would be possible. I could be mistaken though.

Epcot is the first place I expect night shows to return. Plenty of space around World Showcase to social distance, but entering/exiting is another beast.
TWDC doesn’t currently consider them safe.

TTA94

I agree with Epcot Forever, and maybe Fant! returning before HEA does, But we shall see.

trainplane3

Kappa crappa is on da mappa:
kappa.JPG

Figments Friend

So not to be a downer or anything....but....

Do you think after what eventually happened to the 'Epcot Forever' kites that having drones in the air would actually be a good thing?
I mean from a reliability, nightly use, and maintenance upkeep perspective?
The kites in my opinion kinda prove in a way that this may not be a good idea....long term.

-

doctornick

Do you think after what eventually happened to the 'Epcot Forever' kites that having drones in the air would actually be a good thing?
The kites in my opinion kinda prove in a way that this may not be a good idea....long term.

-

Wasn’t there a holiday drone show at Disney Springs that ran effectively?

celluloid

-

Stone Mountain does it well and frequently.

trainplane3

I keep getting mixed reports on drones, but the consensus seems to be that if they happened, they'd be launched from barges. Realistically, they should have fewer problems than the kites bc they are slightly more proven tech.
I'd say that and along with the fact the LEDs on them would be on a solid surface and not on a strip of fabric/flexible material that's going to get soaked every 24 hours.

Of course if they crash into the water, that's one thing but it's meant to land on a solid surface.

TTA94

That ending seems rushed
From Destination D preview -

It may sound familiar like it's already been used in at least 2 recent shows -

Yeah I know that ending is from Ignite The Dream in Shanghai and Disney Illuminations in Paris. Can’t tell if that’s a legit snippet of the soundtrack or edited by a fan? But the shows in Shanghai and Paris, including Harmonius, is done by Steve Davison, and his shows seem to share similarities.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom