News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

trainplane3

If drones are going to be involved, these are probably the pads for them:
sTJmo5W.jpg

I'm pretty sure I mentioned those last year though.

TTA94

I’d love to see drones hold anything of weight above the lagoon if ground level winds were too much for a parade.

So no drones for Harm?

Epcot seems to be the only “safe” location they could use drones for this type of purpose, that wouldn’t be a potential safety risk for guests. Well, unless they have a desire to replace the electrical water pageant with something new.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
I said I’d love to see drones trying to lift anything over the lagoon and not end up as boats.

Or submarines.
I would imagine they could do some pretty cool effects without the drones carrying anything. 🤷‍♂️ There are some pretty damn wind responsive drones out there. If it’s just an LED show, there shouldn’t be feasibility issues, just cost issues (more maneuverable = more expensive).

TTA94

In that concept pic of the drones it looks like Te Fiti from Moana, that could be a really cool segment of the show, with the music of Who You Are/An Innocent Warrior 🙂. That and if they could do the glowing effect of the Stingray in some way. I know it’s in HEA.

Last edited:

doctornick

I would imagine they could do some pretty cool effects without the drones carrying anything. 🤷‍♂️ There are some pretty damn wind responsive drones out there. If it’s just an LED show, there shouldn’t be feasibility issues, just cost issues (more maneuverable = more expensive).

Yeah, I haven't been following this much, but I would think you could use drones pretty effectively as part of a greater show without having them carry much of anything. Just having them light up different colors and then forming different patterns in the sky could be pretty cool with a show that otherwise has fireworks, lasers, water jets, etc.

Movielover

Yeah, I haven't been following this much, but I would think you could use drones pretty effectively as part of a greater show without having them carry much of anything. Just having them light up different colors and then forming different patterns in the sky could be pretty cool with a show that otherwise has fireworks, lasers, water jets, etc.

Wouldn't mind them also using the kites from Epcot Forever. IMO best part of that show.

UNCgolf

Wouldn't mind them also using the kites from Epcot Forever. IMO best part of that show.

Yeah, except they were constantly broken. When I saw it roughly half of the kites were out.

Either need to get more reliable kites or spend more money on maintenance to keep them working if they're going to use them again.

TTA94

I wonder if they are updating the lighting on the pavilions? Projections on the pavilions would be cool, you may not see them much from certain locations but it would add a more immersive experience instead of everything happening on the lagoon.

aladdin2007

I wonder if they are updating the lighting on the pavilions? Projections on the pavilions would be cool, you may not see them much from certain locations but it would add a more immersive experience instead of everything happening on the lagoon.

They use to, remember when Germany turned into a gingerbread castle? would love if they did that again. And I would still love (in my fantasy head) to see Norway and Morocco outlined in the lights (I know M can't because of its religious significance, but N didnt because at the time they (sponsors) didnt want to pay for it to be added in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom