On layoffs, very bad attendance, and Iger's legacy being one of disgrace

Jrb1979

They aren't presenting their information as a conspiracy though, but as fact. Because they are "insiders".
I take what they post as partially true. Its not always Sunny and full of pixie dust at Disney. I do believe they are worried about attendance and there is a reason they have shelved some projects. They are hurting for money as much as you don't want to believe it

tonymu

Premium Member
Nationwide?

I'm sure hard core coaster enthusiasts(a relatively extremely small number) as far away as San Diego make pilgrimages there for some kind of "right of passage" but to characterize the place as a national draw just ain't right......folk however will travel nationwide for a "Flight of Passage"
I have gone to Cedar Point from Houston.

Riverrafter21

They aren't presenting their information as a conspiracy though, but as fact. Because they are "insiders".

Right I get that. However, you present their alleged inaccuracies as fact. I don't know them nor do I know you. Given that this is a faceless posting of information, both sides have fairly equal standing until proven. Nothing personal

Jimmy Thick

I don't know what people expect from Disney anymore.

First they are running the parks almost empty because for some God awful reason they decided to open during a raging and highly contagious pandemic. If I go there on a trip after I get home I'm going to have to self quarantine for another two weeks so it makes a vacation look silly.

Second the parks are open during a raging and highly contagious pandemic in the current ground zero of the raging and highly contagious pandemic. While Orlando isn't Miami it's still not ideal to travel there if only for the most dedicated in my opinion.

And finally the parks are open during a raging and highly contagious pandemic.

If you see the videos on Youtube you can easily see there are not enough guests in the park, it makes one wonder if they are making enough to make daily payroll after paying the bills. I don't know how Disney can support keeping the parks open right now without opening the gates for everyone.

Also, how was Disney supposed to plan for something like Covid-19 anyway? Give each guest a body condom?

Either way welcome back @PhotoDave219 and @mkt, I haven't seen you two sexy men post in a while, or when I have time to look around myself...

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
All of them?

FYI: I know this person has me on ignore...but when you’re this obtuse...it’s just too much fun to NOT hit the ball back over the net

I think the ignore function is broken.

I have you on ignore but your posts still show up for me all of the time.

;-)

WDW Pro

Not going to argue with you, I know what I know and I know what I've seen.

People forget that production is more than a camera pointing at someone. JW set building restarted a month ago at Pinewood for example and theres no shoot plans for a while yet.

You are simultaneously arguing that filming is going forward full steam ahead while stating there are no film shooting plans. Okay.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I think the ignore function is broken.

I have you on ignore but your posts still show up for me all of the time.

;-)
I used to have that mentality around here but I decided not to ignore anyone and honestly I'm glad I did that. I've actually come to enjoy most of my conversations with @Sirwalterraleigh and actually have more common ground that initially thought.

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
I used to have that mentality around here but I decided not to ignore anyone and honestly I'm glad I did that. I've actually come to enjoy most of my conversations with @Sirwalterraleigh and actually have more common ground that initially thought.

I think @Sirwalterraleigh is good people in all honesty. I view his posts with credibility.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It's very difficult to gauge real demand when it's been artificially controlled by Disney themselves and it's only 2 weeks since re-opening. Everyone loves to jump the gun, but let's get some more data before we start panicking.
Demand is down, even with the artificially and surprisingly low park caps only DHS is close to its limit. And it has the lowest one.

It’s surprised a lot of people.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom