Do you think that Disney world will reclose its gates due to the rising number of COVID cases in Florida and around the country?

hopemax

It's comical, and sad, to see the same person post "US had the lowest total of deaths for the day" a few weeks ago and then now "well, let's wait and look at when the deaths occured".............
Exactly. I wouldn't have had to go through the nonsense in the other thread about picking August 1st to evaluate if the rise in cases in June, translated to deaths in July if said person had said in June that deaths would rise in July, instead of implying that we would have already started seeing it in June, and we didn't so it wasn't going to happen. And dissenters were just "two more weeks"-ing it, looking for data that was never going to come. If the intent wasn't to deny that deaths would rise in July and "not remain steady" as presented in one of the posts, than said person did a terrible job explaining his position. Also, now we know, due to the increased focus on actual day of death, in FL, we can see that deaths jumped from 30s to 50s around 6/21, and have gone higher since. When all of this was occurring on 6/28, nowhere did said person mention "reporting delays" as a reason why reported deaths had not gone up or present the likelihood that they had already started going up, and we just didn't know about it.

FWIW, I was late. I thought we wouldn't see the inflection point, for the USA, until the week of 7/10-7/17. According to the 7-day average on Worldometers, the low point occurred on 7/6. For Florida, specifically, the low point of the 7 day average was 6/19 so any of the weeks following, would have shown an increasing trendline.

I originally posted this, as a prediction based on what the timeline might look like. When we could expect the rise in deaths:
https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...eral-discussion.963478/page-1488#post-9297340

And one of my follow ups:

And what I got was:
https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...eral-discussion.963478/page-1508#post-9300774

rle4lunch

Some of you guys need to reevaluate your "working from home" policy, cuz clearly you're not being productive at your day job if you're posting 1500 word posts every 5 minutes.

As for me, I do a drive by to see the fireworks every once in a while, then go check my work crap.

kong1802

Exactly. I wouldn't have had to go through the nonsense in the other thread about picking August 1st to evaluate if the rise in cases in June, translated to deaths in July if said person had said in June that deaths would rise in July, instead of implying that we would have already started seeing it in June, and we didn't so it wasn't going to happen. And dissenters were just "two more weeks"-ing it, looking for data that was never going to come. If the intent wasn't to deny that deaths would rise in July and "not remain steady" as presented in one of the posts, than said person did a terrible job explaining his position. Also, now we know, due to the increased focus on actual day of death, in FL, we can see that deaths jumped from 30s to 50s around 6/21, and have gone higher since. When all of this was occurring on 6/28, nowhere did said person mention "reporting delays" as a reason why reported deaths had not gone up or present the likelihood that they had already started going up, and we just didn't know about it.

FWIW, I was late. I thought we wouldn't see the inflection point, for the USA, until the week of 7/10-7/17. According to the 7-day average on Worldometers, the low point occurred on 7/6. For Florida, specifically, the low point of the 7 day average was 6/19 so any of the weeks following, would have shown an increasing trendline.

I originally posted this, as a prediction based on what the timeline might look like. When we could expect the rise in deaths:
https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...eral-discussion.963478/page-1488#post-9297340

And what I got was:
https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...eral-discussion.963478/page-1508#post-9300774

The comedy of it all...

Seeing "Well if the deaths stay flat or drop how will you spin this?" and then now "We can't trust the death numbers".

They have been so far off trying to spin positivity. Then when those stats are no longer positive, well, they can't be trusted anyway. lol

wendysue

I hope you got enough trips out of them to break even. I always figure I need two trips to break even and anything over that I'm going for free.
We got them last August and then went again in January, so we did get 2 - 5 day trips, but we had scheduled for May and July which didn't happen. We booked August and November before booking stopped, but August is not happening. I'll keep my fingers crossed now for November, but not holding out much hope for things getting better virus wise. 🤞:)

legwand77

And what I got was:

I guess since you highlighted my posts you are addressing me?

Still stand by what I said, there hasn't been exponential growth in deaths, it has gone up yes, and appears to have peaked back on July 8 or 13th but yes still to early to tell for sure. It will still go up a bit more.

I still say the comparison to Iran is still very problematic. the trends in AR and TX are much more relative.

legwand77

The comedy of it all...

Seeing "Well if the deaths stay flat or drop how will you spin this?" and then now "We can't trust the death numbers".

They have been so far off trying to spin positivity. Then when those stats are no longer positive, well, they can't be trusted anyway. lol

Again , I have never said any of those things.

kong1802

Still stand by what I said, there hasn't been exponential growth in deaths, it has gone up yes, and appears to have peaked back on July 8 or 13th but yes still to early to tell for sure. It will still go up a bit more.

I still say the comparison to Iran is still very problematic. the trends in AR and TX are much more relative.

I guess your questions of "what will happen when it goes down in a few weeks" was off the mark, huh?

Should have turned that around, "what will happen when it goes up"

Little did I know the answer would be, "the stat can't be trusted" lol

hopemax

You never mentioned the words exponential growth. I was very clear, in my post that I was expecting a trend line sloping up. You never jumped in to declare that the slope of the line needed to be steep or exponential.

And Iran was simply an estimating tool, that turned out to be pretty accurate. That is not a comparison.

legwand77

I guess your questions of "what will happen when it goes down in a few weeks" was off the mark, huh?

Should have turned that around, "what will happen when it goes up"

Little did I know the answer would be, "the stat can't be trusted" lol
once again, I have never said that stat can't be trusted.

schuelma

I don't know what exponential means to you, but deaths are rising substantially.

legwand77

You never mentioned the words exponential growth. I was very clear, in my post that I was expecting a trend line sloping up. You never jumped in to declare that the slope of the line needed to be steep or exponential.

And Iran was simply an estimating tool, that turned out to be pretty accurate. That is not a comparison.

from the posts you quoted

Screen Shot 2020-07-23 at 12.01.42 PM.png

kong1802

I don't know what exponential means to you, but deaths are rising substantially.

They obviously meant exponential to the power of 5.....lol

There's a reason people use very vague terms like exponential. So that when called on it, like today, they can start the dancing.

hopemax

from the posts you quoted

View attachment 485821
Fine, you used exponential. But that was not the position of the dissenters in the thread that it would rise exponentially. The position was that the curve would switch from trending down to trending up, and you repeatedly ridiculed us for it with "2 more weeks."

Here is a post I made from earlier in June, when I said what scientists were saying about the possibility of exponential growth, and the actual type of growth we could expect.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom