Do you think that Disney world will reclose its gates due to the rising number of COVID cases in Florida and around the country?

Jrb1979

Are you from Canada? That sounds like what I've heard Canada is doing.
Yes I am and it's working very well here. I am trying to figure out why many keep saying it can't work in Florida. Businesses are open but they go after the people who aren't following the rules. They have been fining people too for not complying. Reminders don't work.

Jrb1979

Its funny cause in Erie they have people going to the low income areas handing out masks and talking to the people and making them informed. Yet another thing that can be done to help slow the spread.

I have to ask @legwand77 @DisneyCane @LUVMCO tell me why making masks mandatory, fining people and businesses who don't comply with social distancing and going into low income neighborhoods and handing out masks won't work.

Last edited by a moderator:

Parker in NYC

Yes I am and it's working very well here. I am trying to figure out why many keep saying it can't work in Florida. Businesses are open but they go after the people who aren't following the rules. They have been fining people too for not complying. Reminders don't work.

Again, I can't speak for Canadians (other than my dad) but when a company has to play reminders every few minutes and send employees walking about dangling mask-rule signs all day, I'd say Americans aren't the best at playing along. I thought that maybe Disney was doing it to cover their rear ends -- which they are, no doubt -- but also because people just don't care. The less confrontation they can make for their cast members, the better. And it's truly SAD! to me. Truly.

Parker in NYC

Its funny cause in Erie they have people going to the low income areas handing out masks and talking to the people and making them informed. Yet another thing that can be done to help slow the spread.

I have to ask @legwand77 @DisneyCane @LUVMCO tell me why making masks mandatory, fining people and businesses who don't comply with social distancing and going into low income neighborhoods and handing out masks won't work.

legwand77

You know I’m referring to the “US only had 302 deaths today, lowest since March” posts...

Just funny the “wait and see when deaths occurred” didn’t make it in that post....
Well that is still and was a fact at the time

I guess I should have to add that to my tagline "wait and see when deaths occurred". Because i did not include that in all my posts?

CaptainAmerica

Well, we've heard of promises from pharma, haven't we? I hope this is true but also, I hope a) people don't make it yet another ridiculous political talking point because they don't want it (let's just move them to a new COVID state somewhere), and b) the government finds a way to distribute it. It's really a situation where the wealthy won't be any safer if the plebs don't have access, too.
They've already demonstrated that willingness with a commitment of $2 billion to Pfizer for 100 million doses by the end of the year with an option to purchase another 500 million.

They're going into commercial production while clinical trials are ongoing. That's unprecedented. If the AZ drug shows equal or superior promise, there's no doubt they'll get the same commitment.

Parker in NYC

That man should be charged with assault be thrown in jail.

Well, I think he was just revved up from the "news" he follows. I just think that these are the examples of why mask and social distancing rules could never be enforced in this country. We are an angry, angry, angry land.

Parker in NYC

They've already demonstrated that willingness with a commitment of $2 billion to Pfizer for 100 million doses by the end of the year with an option to purchase another 500 million.

They're going into commercial production while clinical trials are ongoing. That's unprecedented. If the AZ drug shows equal or superior promise, there's no doubt they'll get the same commitment.

Well, let's hope it works then. And let's hope people don't make it a political talking point. Let's hope this nightmare is behind us without even more idiots to block the way out.

Disstevefan1

I saw the story, seems like a very small number have had this foulup.

Agreed, errors like reporting 100 percent positive in a data dump by accident, reporting multiple days as one day, marking motor cycle accident victim as a COVID death, reporting positive antibody tests as a NEW positive case of COVID and reporting folks positive who were never tested is insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Cases are not trending up
A google search says otherwise.

F1955832-F93B-49A2-B0B1-2B22B082D386.jpeg

That chart spells disgraceful no matter which way you spin it.

Piebald

The people I see without masks tend to be older and/or overweight. It boggles my mind. I'm healthy and I wear the mask for YOU. It's not difficult to wear a mask. It's not difficult to wear a mask in Florida in 100 degree heat. It sucks, but it is not difficult. These kids can do it and so can you.
SmartSelect_20200713-174909_WhatsApp.jpg

rle4lunch

The people I see without masks tend to be older and/or overweight. It boggles my mind. I'm healthy and I wear the mask for YOU. It's not difficult to wear a mask. It's not difficult to wear a mask in Florida in 100 degree heat. It sucks, but it is not difficult. These kids can do it and so can you.View attachment 485795
um... cardboard is about as good as a screen door on a submarine. these are useless other than probably causing hypoxia.

apologies if you posted this as a joke.

Last edited:

legwand77

The questioning of the statistic didn’t happen until the numbers soured.

Also a fact....

And comedic.

The questioning did not happen because it wasn't happening then. The heavy back filling didn't start until end of June when the CDC changed guidance.

Who would question why is it raining on a sunny day?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom