Do you think that Disney world will reclose its gates due to the rising number of COVID cases in Florida and around the country?

ksa1314

I couldn’t believe when people were celebrating Disney opening last week, and now I REALLY can’t believe people are still going! This virus is out of control in Florida. If you are waiting because “the death rate isn’t that bad” it will be too late by the time it does get bad. Disney will not close on their own. The Florida government will not close Disney. What we can do is put pressure on Disney to close, for the safety of their guests and cast. This is the time to act, before it is too late. Be on the right side of history.

legwand77

Hospitals plan was to operate as normal and continue elective procedures so that they can stay financially viable. Once elective procedures are canceled they are officially off the plan and on crisis mitigation. Once that fails, the plan becomes triage and that’s when “death panels” occur and lots of people die because we run out of resources (see Italy.) Dies that sound like a good plan to you?

You’re probably right, I won’t do it again.

Of course that is bad news, anyone can create a lot of doomsday scenarios. There is plenty of evidence that what we are seeing is not Italy or New York for that matter.

Parker in NYC

I couldn’t believe when people were celebrating Disney opening last week, and now I REALLY can’t believe people are still going! This virus is out of control in Florida. If you are waiting because “the death rate isn’t that bad” it will be too late by the time it does get bad. Disney will not close on their own. The Florida government will not close Disney. What we can do is put pressure on Disney to close, for the safety of their guests and cast. This is the time to act, before it is too late. Be on the right side of history.

Everyone outside of the Disney bubble finds the reopening preposterous. And I mean, outside of the portion of the Disney bubble who chooses to believe everything's fun and fancy free. And then when they find out Universal and Sea World opened, they're even MORE baffled.

legwand77

Everyone outside of the Disney bubble finds the reopening preposterous. And I mean, outside of the portion of the Disney bubble who chooses to believe everything's fun and fancy free. And then when they find out Universal and Sea World opened, they're even MORE baffled.
Might as well add in that a 12,000 student athlete national volleyball tournament is currently going on in Orlando this week, just down from Disney at the OCC. With teams all over the country.

havoc315

It can if 400 people get discharged.

But discharges are not keeping up with hospitalizations. The number of hospitalized patients has been trending dangerously upward.

Yes, there are plenty of hospital beds left *in the state.* But there are many hospitals that are already at or near capacity.

Florida didn't release *currently hospitalized* data until July 10th. So here are the numbers of currently hospitalized with Covid (taking into account new admissions and discharges):

July 10: 6,974
July 11: 7,186
July 12: 7,542
July 13: 8,051
July 14: 8,354
July 15: pending

So as we can see --- It's increasing very quickly, with admissions far outpacing discharges.
A 20% increase in LESS than a week.

If that pace were to be sustained, the entire hospital capacity for the state would be gone in a month. I'm not expecting that pace to sustain -- as indeed, preventative measures are increasing (some formally by government and businesses, some measures more voluntarily by people). But we are indeed in very dangerous territory.

legwand77

But discharges are not keeping up with hospitalizations. The number of hospitalized patients has been trending dangerously upward.

Yes, there are plenty of hospital beds left *in the state.* But there are many hospitals that are already at or near capacity.

Florida didn't release *currently hospitalized* data until July 10th. So here are the numbers of currently hospitalized with Covid (taking into account new admissions and discharges):

July 10: 6,974
July 11: 7,186
July 12: 7,542
July 13: 8,051
July 14: 8,354
July 15: pending

So as we can see --- It's increasing very quickly, with admissions far outpacing discharges.
A 20% increase in LESS than a week.

If that pace were to be sustained, the entire hospital capacity for the state would be gone in a month. I'm not expecting that pace to sustain -- as indeed, preventative measures are increasing (some formally by government and businesses, some measures more voluntarily by people). But we are indeed in very dangerous territory.
Yes and hospitals have a plan for that and the city and state does as well.

Touchdown

Break the cycle people, he’s been told what the plan is when the hospitals get full, he accuses said person of being sensational and that said situation will never happen, then goes immediately back to “they have a plan.”

Plans are fantastic as long as their abstract, details are too grim and stating them makes you a Debbie Downer. Everything is fine! Eat your Soylent Green...

Last edited:

legwand77

Break the cycle people, he’s been told what the plan is when the hospitals get full, he accuses said person of being sensational and that said situation will never happen, then god immediately back to “they have a plan.”

Plans are fantastic as long as their abstract, details are to grim and stating them makes you a Debbie Downer. Everything is fine! Eat your Soylent Green...
Never said that situation will never happen, anything could happen, and have always said they have a plan, which is true they have a plan.

legwand77

There are hundreds of people dying weekly... if not more...
The "plan" isn't going very well, unless the plan is just to let tens of thousands of people die.

We can already see that Florida's plans have been total failures to date.
Around 7500 people die daily, over 50,000 weekly in this country of something besides Covid. I would love to eliminate death, call me irrational but that isn't likely going to happen. The number of deaths in Florida are not great as any death is not good

legwand77

There are hundreds of people dying weekly... if not more...
The "plan" isn't going very well, unless the plan is just to let tens of thousands of people die.

We can already see that Florida's plans have been total failures to date.

To early to say imho. There have been a few worse.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom