Do you think that Disney world will reclose its gates due to the rising number of COVID cases in Florida and around the country?

legwand77

He can’t stop. I admire him for keeping to his agenda, which is wrong but anyone that won’t change their mind with proof as it hits you in the face, well a little credit is due I guess.
A quick month to month and a half of his posts, you will see how the point has changed. As one point becomes so obvious that a blind man can see it slowly moves to another.
It’s bad in the states right now. You can hide your head in the sane and ignore it, or come out and say it’s bad and become a negative person on here. I prefer the truth, and right now, with possibly more lock downs coming, at least being reviewed and a few governors saying it’s the next step, we are in for a long haul.

What is my agenda? How has my point changed?

legwand77

There were more positive cases in ONE DAY in Florida than South Korea's all-time cases. This isn't okay in any way, shape, or form and attempting to normalizing it is borderline negligent.

This is inherently incorrect - tens of thousands of people are STILL SICK with the disease 3 months later. And we STILL don't know to what extent the virus damages internal organs. The mortality rate is NOT the only number that counts with a disease that has so many severe symptoms.
True about the South Korea stat, but that is not the point. I was just noting the positivity rate has improved over the past week and is trending down that is good news. Even bettter to see that testing has increased dramatically.

Last edited by a moderator:

Touchdown

True about the South Korea stat, but that is not the point. I was just noting the positivity rate has improved over the past week and is trending down that is good news. Even bettter to see that testing has increased dramatically.

It is good news, in the same way it’s good news when it’s announced a forest fire is 30% contained. It’s good news but great news. I’ll be happy when testing is >10% positivity, hospitalizations are down and new cases are less then 200 per day again. Now is time to batten down the hatches gird your loins and stop duck and cover.

legwand77

The percentage of positive tests in Florida is not going down.

I am referencing the source data from the Florida DOH

Screen Shot 2020-07-12 at 11.52.10 AM.png

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Please please PLEASE come back in a few months and be able to truthfully say you were right.

I really hope you can. Honestly.

Last edited:

schuelma

Its going to become clear within a week or so (as Florida fatalities hit 100 a day consistently) that DeSantis can either shut things down again, including the theme parks, or just...ride it out with 800-1000 Florida citizens dying a week. With infections at this number its impossible to trace and isolate and with the whole state reopened its just going to keep spreading.

oceanbreeze77

Its going to become clear within a week or so (as Florida fatalities hit 100 a day consistently) that DeSantis can either shut things down again, including the theme parks, or just...ride it out with 800-1000 Florida citizens dying a week. With infections at this number its impossible to trace and isolate and with the whole state reopened its just going to keep spreading.
I'm afraid he's going to go with the second one.

(I'm afraid- emotion wise)

DisneyCane

Forgive us, but it's hard to keep up with this circular logic. Percentage is fully 50% based on number of tests.
Also, wasn't it like two weeks ago that yall were yelling that positive percentage was the end all be all and that we were idiots for being concerned about 5k cases?
Percentage is not 50%. Don't know where that's coming from.
None of these measures are safe. They mitigate risk but do not eliminate it. Getting more and more people interacting is more and more testing of the measures, more opportunities for failure.
Life isn't safe. This isn't the black plague or anything on the same planet as the Spanish flu in 1917/1918 as far as mortality rate. Life went on back then and it needs to go on now.

chrisvee

Premium Member
Dr Scott Gottlieb on FTN today. Says NY more like Italy (sharp up/down) but southern states more like Brazil (extended plateau). Says Google Mobility & OpenTable data for southern states starting to show behavior change and private modeling shows 2-3 weeks until peak.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom