Do you think that Disney world will reclose its gates due to the rising number of COVID cases in Florida and around the country?

oceanbreeze77

joe80x86

There were more positive cases in ONE DAY in Florida than South Korea's all-time cases. This isn't okay in any way, shape, or form and attempting to normalizing it is borderline negligent.

This is inherently incorrect - tens of thousands of people are STILL SICK with the disease 3 months later. And we STILL don't know to what extent the virus damages internal organs. The mortality rate is NOT the only number that counts with a disease that has so many severe symptoms.

That is the truly scary part. Even if you recover from the virus, you could still be facing long term health effects. There was a BBC article about patients who recovered who are now suffering paranoid delusion and hallucinations due to damaged brain tissue.

themarchhare

Disney World is trending again....not for good reasons...again

Good. I'm totally okay with them being shamed for this. Just shut back down and pay your people. You're Disney.

some people who have survived the virus have PTSD. Idk about you guys, but I DO NOT want to even risk catching a virus that's so bad it could give me ptsd.

Not to mention: heart attacks and strokes in 20 & 30-somethings and Kawasaki Disease in children (even if that's rare).

joe80x86

Percentage is not 50%. Don't know where that's coming from.

Life isn't safe. This isn't the black plague or anything on the same planet as the Spanish flu in 1917/1918 as far as mortality rate. Life went on back then and it needs to go on now.

I agree life isnt safe and this isnt the black plague. But even those who get it and survive may have life long medical issues

havoc315

I find it selfish and disgusting to want to destroy 300 million lives and take extreme measures to try and hide from a virus.

Over half of the fatalities in Florida were nursing home residents, 83% were over 65.

simple question:
If you had to choose with absolute certainty:
Current masking and social distancing restrictions OR the death of 3 of your family members (regardless of age), which would you choose?
Would you gladly accept the immediate death of your parent, aunt and cousin.. in exchange for “normal” life?
let’s make it more realistic, in exchange for the complete normal, would you accept;
1– immediate death of 2 of your family members over 65 PLUS
2– immediate death of 1 random family member under 65 PLUS
3– you personally are restricted to bed deathly ill for 3-8 weeks PLUS
4– you have permanent pulmonary and neurological damage reducing your life expectancy by 5-10 years..

Are you willing to accept those 4 conditions in exchange for not having to wear masks?

DisneyCane

simple question:
If you had to choose with absolute certainty:
Current masking and social distancing restrictions OR the death of 3 of your family members (regardless of age), which would you choose?
Would you gladly accept the immediate death of your parent, aunt and cousin.. in exchange for “normal” life?
let’s make it more realistic, in exchange for the complete normal, would you accept;
1– immediate death of 2 of your family members over 65 PLUS
2– immediate death of 1 random family member under 65 PLUS
3– you personally are restricted to bed deathly ill for 3-8 weeks PLUS
4– you have permanent pulmonary and neurological damage reducing your life expectancy by 5-10 years..

Are you willing to accept those 4 conditions in exchange for not having to wear masks?
I didn't say anything about wearing masks or distancing guidelines. My response was to the people that want Disney and other businesses to be closed again.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
It's really getting out of hand. I don't want to put down the southern states, but they are really mismanaging the pandemic.
California, Texas and Florida are the most populous states. So when mistakes are made during reopening or whenever (when the virus still hasn’t hit you fully)...the magnitude will be significant.

Bleed0range

Percentage is not 50%. Don't know where that's coming from.

Life isn't safe. This isn't the black plague or anything on the same planet as the Spanish flu in 1917/1918 as far as mortality rate. Life went on back then and it needs to go on now.

We are at nearly 140k. It’s not even been a year. That Spanish flu lasted 2 years and killed 500,000+ Americans. Are you comparing the results of the Spanish flu after it was over to something that has just begun here with Covid?

We’re likely to hit 200k this year. It’s pretty damn bad.

DisneyCane

We are at nearly 140k. It’s not even been a year. That Spanish flu lasted 2 years and killed 500,000+ Americans. Are you comparing the results of the Spanish flu after it was over to something that has just begun here with Covid?

We’re likely to hit 200k this year. It’s pretty damn bad.
Spanish flu had a high mortality rate among healthy young people and healthy children. Completely different animal. Also, the US population was quite a bit lower in 1918.

MagicWDI

I find it selfish and disgusting to want to destroy 300 million lives and take extreme measures to try and hide from a virus.

Over half of the fatalities in Florida were nursing home residents, 83% were over 65.
I find it selfish and disgusting to try to downplay the deaths of our senior citizens. I hope someone doesn't treat you with the same disrespect when you're at the age of retirement.

MickeyMouse10

California, Texas and Florida are the most populous states. So when mistakes are made during reopening or whenever (when the virus still hasn’t hit you fully)...the magnitude down the road will be significant.

I think it goes beyond that. Florida has almost half the population of California, but it beat it today in daily cases.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I think it goes beyond that. Florida has almost half the population of California, but it beat it today in daily cases.
I was more referring to the fact that all three have been trending up in cases and hospitalizations. Significantly. And that all three didnt get hit with the virus at the same time the northeast did.
I think the majority of states now are trending up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom