Do you think that Disney world will reclose its gates due to the rising number of COVID cases in Florida and around the country?

disneygeek90

After going today, I agree 100%. This is not like disney springs, enforcement is on the ball. If they maintain the standards I saw today, this is as safe as one can be these days.
Is my assumption that there’s just more CM’s around the park and in front of attractions correct? I think a big reason Springs lacks enforcement is that there’s just not enough employees around and half of them are 3rd party.

SoFloMagic

Is my assumption that there’s just more CM’s around the park and in front of attractions correct? I think a big reason Springs lacks enforcement is that there’s just not enough employees around and half of them are 3rd party.
Tons, though I got the feeling they may have been training for all four parks.

I saw the mask squad walking in circles around the same spot. I got the feeling that they don't want a single problematic photo or report and were willing to invest the labor to ensure it doesn't happen. Compare this to springs - every person I saw (except one) was putting their mask back on in between sips of drinks :eek:

disneygeek90

I saw the mask squad walking in circles around the same spot. I got the feeling that they don't want a single problematic photo or report and were willing to invest the labor to ensure it doesn't happen. Compare this to springs - every person I saw (except one) was putting their mask back on in between sips of drinks :eek:
Glad to hear! I’ve been slipping my mask on and off between sips. It’s really not that hard.

Shouldigo12

• The second wave will rapidly decline over the summer and the virus is likely to die out without the need for vaccine if behavior continues to be modulated by risk.
We are so far past this thing dying out it isn't even funny.

Edit: just so it's clear, what I mean is the virus is not going to be dying out. It's far too widespread at this point.

Last edited:

_caleb

This would be consistent with reports on other sites that CMs were reprimanded/fired over that 7DMT crowd shown in that one photo. As much PR as public health.

legwand77

Good news parks were able to open.

Also more good news a massive number of test run reported today and positivity is still trending down, 12.64% would like it to go more of course, lowest since two weeks ago. Hospitalization capacity in Florida has also stayed steady and actually improved a bit. Orange test positivity went up a bit to 12% but trend is still going down in Orange as well

Last edited:

SoFloMagic

Also more good news a massive number of test run today and positivity is still trending down, 12.64% would like it to go more of course, lowest since two weeks ago. Hospitalization capacity in Florida has also stayed steady and actually improved a bit. Orange test positivity went up a bit to 12% but trend is still going down in Orange as well
10,360 new positive tests, 95 more deaths, and 7,000 people in hospitals for covid.

This is good news?

Also, positivity rate is supposed to be 5%

legwand77

10,360 new positive tests, 95 more deaths, and 7,000 people in hospitals for covid.

This is good news?

Also, positivity rate is supposed to be 5%

Good news is the trends are going down. Deaths are bad of course, but a good bit of those are backdated, occured back in June, 7000 people is close to what it has been for a while. That number was only reported because they just released to covid numbers by county.

chrisvee

Good news is the trends are going down. Deaths are bad of course, but a good bit of those are backdated, occured back in June, 7000 people is close to what it has been for a while. That number was only reported because they just released to covid numbers by county.
Is 2 days a trend? I’ll check back in 5 days while remaining hopeful for the people of FL, who are suffering.

schuelma

You understand that deaths being backdated means the current sky high new case numbers means deaths are going to increase, probably substantially in the next month?

schuelma

Also more good news a massive number of test run reported today and positivity is still trending down, 12.64% would like it to go more of course, lowest since two weeks ago. Hospitalization capacity in Florida has also stayed steady and actually improved a bit. Orange test positivity went up a bit to 12% but trend is still going down in Orange as well

Where are you seeing the 12% positivity rate? Elsewhere on twitter I'm seeing 19%.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom