Do you think that Disney world will reclose its gates due to the rising number of COVID cases in Florida and around the country?

Chomama

I never said don't wear a mask but with the over 98% survival rate with covid I don't think catching it is a death sentence. You can wear a mask and not be part of the covid is the black plaque of 1300 mentality . I would honestly rather contract coivd than a variety of other viruses/diseases.
Which diseases for example? Genuinely curious

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I never said don't wear a mask but with the over 98% survival rate with covid I don't think catching it is a death sentence. You can wear a mask and not be part of the covid is the black plaque of 1300 mentality . I would honestly rather contract coivd than a variety of other viruses/diseases.

Wow. I am really curious how old you and others are that continually spew this type of garbage. There has to be a correlation there. I was in my teens and 20's too, I remember thinking I knew everything and that I was invincible too.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
You are missing my point. I wasn’t saying you were doing that I was saying you were making an excuse for others who do it. All of us who are following the rules need to have a stronger, no exceptions stance. You are still part of the problem if you follow the rules but then excuse other people who don’t. There’s no excuse for acting like a baby. If people don’t want to follow the rules just stay home.

I get your point. You don’t like the reality of the situation. It’s still the situation we are in though. And that’s all I was saying. Understanding something isn’t the same as excusing it.

LittleBuford

These hyperbolic statements you keep criticising are your own invention rather anything that people here are posting. It’s not exactly debating in good faith.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I get your point. You don’t like the reality of the situation. It’s still the situation we are in though. And that’s all I was saying. Understanding something isn’t the same as excusing it.
Fair enough. I understand the reality of the situation and yes, I don’t like it. I’m sitting here watching multiple states right now pulling back on their re-openings because people with the attitude you are describing couldn’t follow the rules. I don’t want that to happen where I am too. Restaurants at the Jersey shore aren’t open over the holiday weekend now because people couldn‘t follow the rules.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Back on topic, the consistency on enforcement of masks and distancing will be the Achilles heal of Disney's success with this. Really hope they can pull it off.

techgeek

There are no ‘sides’ to this, no one has ‘won’ and no one has all the answers. No one knows what tomorrow will bring, and no one knows if the decisions made today were the right ones. Sometimes we never even find out, because the questions are that complex and nuanced.

It’s nice to see this community continue to act gracious and understanding of all views, though. Keep it up everyone!

oceanbreeze77

High positivity rate continues.

Screen Shot 2020-07-03 at 7.34.17 AM.png

Lilofan

If you would rather catch covid like you say, you should seek some professional help in all honesty.

lilypgirl

Why even frame the issue in these terms? What sense is there in ranking the diseases you’d rather get? There are many fates worse than dying in a car accident, but I assume you still wear a seatbelt as a sensible precaution.
I don’t not wear a mask in indoor places or crowded outside spaces ! Again you can wear a mask and still not be petrified of catching covid.

lilypgirl

Can you quote the post? (This is a sincere question, as I haven’t seen such a post and would be curious to read it.)

“I don't agree with your logic but if it you don't wear a mask can you leave me in your will?”

“Masks are essential. It's truly sad some don't feel that way. Hopefully they have their finances and wills in order in case of something happening.”

Is this what you were looking for?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom