Do you think that Disney world will reclose its gates due to the rising number of COVID cases in Florida and around the country?

havoc315

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

New York changed the reporting, so you only count toward a nursing home fatality if you actually die in the nursing home. If you get transferred to a hospital then die, you don't count. You have to know that. The real count is AT least double that. Come on.

No.... that's actually not true. But it is likely there is a significant under-count of nursing home deaths -- But also likely there is a significant under-count of non-nursing home deaths.
So all we have is the official statistics that put it at 21%.

If you want to start speculating apart from the official statistics, then we can also recognize the massive under reporting of deaths occurring in Florida.

But instead of speculation, for the sake of consistent discussion, its best to use official statistics.

milordsloth

I'm surprised they haven't done it yet what with the delayed opening for DisneyLand.
Disney was watching the Corona virus from China way back in January, and maybe sooner, and is one of the reasons they closed all their parks early, fully and all at once. I think they had great insight into the spread from their China viewpoint. I think the Florida Governor may be leaning hard on Disney to open for the mere fact that Osceola County has 20% unemployment rate.
Also, as a non-politics point, Dr. Rebekah Jones has set up her own COVID counting site for Florida based on publicly available data that you may want to look at.
If Disney isn't tuned into this site, they should be.
https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/7572b118dc3c48d885d1c643c195314e/

I think for Disney to open their Parks in Florida with the wildly spreading virus would be a huge disservice to the residents and visitors who come from all over the world and I oughta know, I survived it here in New York.

I noticed this note on the testing tab of the website you linked: "DOH stopped publishing data about people tested in May 2020. We are no longer able to provide information or data about the number of people tested in Florida, demographic data about those tested, or who's been tested where."

havoc315

How many total tests has Florida done? Isn't there going to be some kind of breaking point for testing where you run out of people to test?

You never run out of people to tests. Ideally, you'd be testing EVERYONE on a repeating basis. A Harvard study recommends 5 million tests in the US per day. Meaning, you'd test everyone in the country, once every two months.

That, combined with contact tracing, is how you can actually have a fully open economy.

oceanbreeze77

New numbers
Screen Shot 2020-07-02 at 7.29.15 AM.png

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
No.... that's actually not true. But it is likely there is a significant under-count of nursing home deaths -- But also likely there is a significant under-count of non-nursing home deaths.
So all we have is the official statistics that put it at 21%.

If you want to start speculating apart from the official statistics, then we can also recognize the massive under reporting of deaths occurring in Florida.

But instead of speculation, for the sake of consistent discussion, its best to use official statistics.
Ok. I’m just gonna place you on ignore. Not banging my head into this wall. 6000 nursing home deaths. Right.

mickeymiss

Until they respect their communities enough to explain the spike, I don't know what to do with these numbers anymore. Florida is huge. It has a party culture. Most of these cases could easily be from very specific high risk activities that had a domino effect with friends and family. It doesn't reflect on any business unless they explain how. I'm done with the ambiguousness. Experts need to discuss the data.

DisneyCane

That is not correct. 7/1 number of cases is 6,563 according to DOH. Not sure where you got that chart from
It's from the PDF report. Sometimes the dashboard doesn't show correct data around the time it is updated. The higher number is correct.

Also, @Sirwalterraleigh the number of tests for yesterday was up 18.7% from last Wednesday to 68,821. Everything seems to indicate that the testing volume is increasing and has not been cut back as part of a grand conspiracy to keep the case count lower. The 14.59% new case positive rate is still way too high.

DisneyCane

Until they respect their communities enough to explain the spike, I don't know what to do with these numbers anymore. Florida is huge. It has a party culture. Most of these cases could easily be from very specific high risk activities that had a domino effect with friends and family. It doesn't reflect on any business unless they explain how. I'm done with the ambiguousness. Experts need to discuss the data.

The only business involvement seems to be bars. There was no increase in any of the metrics after dine-in was allowed at 50%, "non-essential" retail was allowed at reduced capacity and personal services were allowed with safety protocols.

The spike happened after bars were opened which coincided with the protests so it is difficult to separate those out for analysis. In press conferences they allude to private social gatherings as well.

mickeymiss

This is actually the problem. Thats what community spread is

Exactly. Alarmists make community spread sound like it means you WILL catch this at the grocery store when it's disproportionately people hanging out very closely. It's important for the media to clarify that whenever possible instead of implying that everyone is at the same risk from what could have been a frat party outbreak.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom