Do you think that Disney world will reclose its gates due to the rising number of COVID cases in Florida and around the country?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It's from the PDF report. Sometimes the dashboard doesn't show correct data around the time it is updated. The higher number is correct.

Also, @Sirwalterraleigh the number of tests for yesterday was up 18.7% from last Wednesday to 68,821. Everything seems to indicate that the testing volume is increasing and has not been cut back as part of a grand conspiracy to keep the case count lower. The 14.59% new case positive rate is still way too high.
No conspiracy...let me be clear:

I want “y’all” to take a million tests and then do the right thing to lock it down.

No excuses...a lot of bravado in May and June...so that negates certain jurisdictions “rights” to call for help now, don’t it?

There’s a difference between being blindsided and just being indignant.
The only business involvement seems to be bars. There was no increase in any of the metrics after dine-in was allowed at 50%, "non-essential" retail was allowed at reduced capacity and personal services were allowed with safety protocols.

The spike happened after bars were opened which coincided with the protests so it is difficult to separate those out for analysis. In press conferences they allude to private social gatherings as well.
I’m trying to give you the benefit of the doubt...but it’s getting hard...

Can you make the correlation to every area showing spikes to outdoor protests?

...take your time.
Where is this number coming from?

Www.hoaxer.com?
Exactly. Alarmists make community spread sound like it means you WILL catch this at the grocery store when it's disproportionately people hanging out very closely. It's important for the media to clarify that whenever possible instead of implying that everyone is at the same risk from what could have been a frat party outbreak.

Wait...community spread is still “bad” ya know?
Don’t think taking a negative take on that should be controversial even in this time of public nonsense.

csmat99

With numbers now over 10k new cases per day and governor not willing to enforce a statewide mask requirement I can't see anyway Disney opens the parks now. I still think they will let the NBA do their thing since they will be testing themselves and have strict protocols in place but it's literally the wild wild west down in sunshine state.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
With numbers now over 10k new cases per day and governor not willing to enforce a statewide mask requirement I can't see anyway Disney opens the parks now. I still think they will let the NBA do their thing since they will be testing themselves and have strict protocols in place but it's literally the wild wild west down in sunshine state.
It’s naval tradition for the captain to go down with his ship when he’s asleep at the rudder

mickeymiss

Wait...community spread is still “bad” ya know?
Don’t think taking a negative take on that should be controversial even in this time of public nonsense.

I didn't say it was good. I said there's a difference between community spread resulting from close interaction and passing by a stranger at a store or theme park. Allowing people to panic about every move they make is mentally damaging to a society. We need a calm assessment of findings so that we can make decisions based on it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I didn't say it was good. I said there's a difference between community spread resulting from close interaction and passing by a stranger at a store or theme park. Allowing people to panic about every move they make is mentally damaging to a society. We need a calm assessment of findings so that we can make decisions based on it.
Gotcha...

The problem is you can’t trust the public to comply unless you scare the crap out of them sufficiently.

I think that’s a lesson (always is) from some of the “success” stories...and I use that term very liberally

disneyflush

I'll say again there is no chance WDW opens parks again on July 11th. None. That isn't some prediction I'm trying to chase credit for in a couple weeks, that is just the reality of the situation as it plays out and people with trips need to plan accordingly.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I'll say again there is no chance WDW opens parks again on July 11th. None. That isn't some prediction I'm trying to chase credit for in a couple weeks, that is just the reality of the situation as it plays out and people with trips need to plan accordingly.

this is why I'm glad I'm local now. I want the parks to reopen - it's the #1 reason I moved here but I also want Covid to go away as soon as humanly possible. I'm willing to wait if they delay reopening

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I hate lockdown...had enough.

But as a Disney fan in the longterm game...I honestly don’t see the advantages in opening for them.

Even if there is a higher than reasonable initial surge...they can’t possibly sustain the demand. And I’m not talking 3 years...6 months.

Every instinct (born of some meager experience) I have on this says that they are just in a miserable bind.

They want the nba but they want to be shutdown otherwise (by order). That’s my opinion...take it or leave it as such.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I shop at that Publix all the time and I’m no more concerned than before the news came out. When I go out I assume everyone else could be or is positive and take the same precautions regardless. There have been two businesses nearby that have closed temporarily and reopened after having an employee test positive (Gator’s Dockside and Jeramiah’s).
But as had been stated a billion and a half time. “Personal responsibility” only works if it’s 100%

The psycho in pier one walking up to the ladies face yesterday and yaking into it...in Florida no less...is a remind that things escalate quickly.

The victim was being treated at Mayo for a Brian tumor

milordsloth

With numbers now over 10k new cases per day and governor not willing to enforce a statewide mask requirement I can't see anyway Disney won't open the parks now. I still think they will let the NBA do their thing since they will be testing themselves and have strict protocols in place but it's literally the wild wild west down in sunshine state.

Fixed that for you.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Most of the people I encounter at Publix, Trader Joe’s, Target, and Disney Springs have been wearing masks and social distancing. I can’t speak for what’s going on in other parts of Orange County, but the Windermere/Winter Garden area has been compliant for the most part, at least in the places I frequent. With the bars being closed and more counties requiring masks hopefully the numbers in Florida will start to decline. I’m hopeful that Disney will open as scheduled, and I plan to go to cast preview.
I know...but “most” doesn’t eliminate randomization and won’t prevent flashpoints.

I’ve been masked and drenched in purell since 3/22...and we’ve done “well”...

But now people are acting stupid near beaches and fighting the rollbacks. We could easily fall by the wayside and lose the rest of our year.

I guarantee compliance here is A hell of a lot better than Florida.

It’s a numbers game and biology wins if you let it.

And that’s just the facts side of it. With the last 3 weeks of bad press for Florida...they - “we” - in your prime feeder area aren’t coming.

And just to be clear...before anyone says “who needs you?”
Answer: “you do”

Certain things are realities and not opinion based.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Exactly, WDW needs out of state residents to make money. If I had a July trip planned this year, I would be canceling that trip, and unless something drastically changes in the next 6 weeks I’ll be canceling my October trip.

I’m not alone.
Alone?

Those that won’t are starting to look like Walter Mondale about now.

As an aside...I’ve even heard of some dvc acquaintances canceling their holy food and wine reservation around crescent lake.

That’s like defcon 2

lilypgirl

Yeah, I'm really appalled at the govt response to all of this. We could have done better, pay people to stay home, freeze rent/mortgages, but now we're past the point of no return.
A basic economics class would tell you why this would not be doable. I own a rental property and I can only go so long with out our tenants paying us the idea of freezing rent is absurd!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom