News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

Aries1975

Hwy 192 in Kissimmee is about 5 min down the road from AK Lodge. Many eating places, cheap motels that some welfare families live and small grocery stores on the road. The residential area is low income and somewhat shady so don't linger too long in the area. If you want to see real poverty at WDW's doorstep, you should check out Willem Dafoe's movie "The Florida Project" filmed on location in Kissimmee.

Thank you. There is some new development in the area surrounding Margaritaville. When I showed my niece (age 9) the resort on google maps, she was quick to point out the including the Texas Roadhouse, Applebees and Olive Garden. I was surprised to see that much development that close to the bubble.

This August trip will definitely be unusual. As much as we would love one last ride on some of our favorites before they are "re-imagined," we have decided to make the best of it and enjoy being together; even if, all we see are the pool and the animals out the window.

Chomama

Hwy 192 in Kissimmee is about 5 min down the road from AK Lodge. Many eating places, cheap motels that some welfare families live and small grocery stores on the road. The residential area is low income and somewhat shady so don't linger too long in the area. If you want to see real poverty at WDW's doorstep, you should check out Willem Dafoe's movie "The Florida Project" filmed on location in Kissimmee.
Oh man I watched that. It was so difficult to watch. Gutting

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Thank you. There is some new development in the area surrounding Margaritaville. When I showed my niece (age 9) the resort on google maps, she was quick to point out the including the Texas Roadhouse, Applebees and Olive Garden. I was surprised to see that much development that close to the bubble.

This August trip will definitely be unusual. As much as we would love one last ride on some of our favorites before they are "re-imagined," we have decided to make the best of it and enjoy being together; even if, all we see are the pool and the animals out the window.
Chain restaurants can be hit or miss; that one is a “good” Texas Roadhouse in my experience. We spent a lot of time in that area between the urgent care and the pharmacies after my son developed a fever and breathing issues on our trip last September.

Miss Bella

For those of us booked at Animal Kingdom, there is no quick service in Kidani and they have not said when the restaurants in Jambo will be open. I love Sanaa, and I am blest to live in Central NJ where my children have been exposed to Indian cuisine. But if Sanaa is the only restaurant at our hotel, I need to factor that into our grocery order.
Will we be able to eat at other resorts. ?

Aries1975

Will we be able to eat at other resorts. ?

I am sure if you have a reservation for one of the restaurants you will be allowed. But I would imagine the guard would be less inclined to allow you to park at Poly just to get a Dole Whip from Capt. Cooks. Unfortunately, they only opened up resort dining reservations through 7/11.

I have a party of 13 which is tough to get a reservation on a good day. I will try to call group dining again this week. I want to wait until the park pass chaos subsides. I was able to call directly to Ranglan Road to make a reservation there. I have the number for House of Blues, but oddly, no one answered the phone. We are still 40+ days out.

Parker in NYC

Finally I get to say it “well I rarely drink at Disney so it doesn’t bother me!”

Funny how some people on this board don’t care about fireworks, parades, live entertainment or characters but they get worried that the pool bar might be closed!

Right? I'm enjoying "I don't mind the pink castle because I don't go to Disney for the castle. Or the fireworks. Or the parades. Or the live entertainment. Or the characters. Or the rides. Or the park benches. Or the music. Or the restaurants. Dessert parties are where it's at!"

Miss Bella

I am sure if you have a reservation for one of the restaurants you will be allowed. But I would imagine the guard would be less inclined to allow you to park at Poly just to get a Dole Whip from Capt. Cooks. Unfortunately, they only opened up resort dining reservations through 7/11.

I have a party of 13 which is tough to get a reservation on a good day. I will try to call group dining again this week. I want to wait until the park pass chaos subsides. I was able to call directly to Ranglan Road to make a reservation there. I have the number for House of Blues, but oddly, no one answered the phone. We are still 40+ days out.
Thanks. We’re a little over 6 weeks out. I plan on taking Lyft if I eat at another resort. Hopefully the open up the res system soon.

Miss Bella

Right? I'm enjoying "I don't mind the pink castle because I don't go to Disney for the castle. Or the fireworks. Or the parades. Or the live entertainment. Or the characters. Or the rides. Or the park benches. Or the music. Or the restaurants. Dessert parties are where it's at!"
The only thing I do on that list is food and drinks. I’ve got 5 pounds I’d like to lose so I can give up that. As long as they don’t eliminate the rides I’m good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom