News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

disneygeek90

The guidelines seem relatively clear. It will count as a bar so long as 50% or more of it's revenue is from alcohol sales (which I would gather, most pool bars would fall under).
Correct, and that's already pre-determined based on the type of liquor license an operation possesses. They can't just start selling more food in order to stay open. If they look on their license and it has a "bar" designation, they're a bar.

Miss Bella

The guidelines seem relatively clear. It will count as a bar so long as 50% or more of it's revenue is from alcohol sales (which I would gather, most pool bars would fall under).
If this is in effect in August I guess I’ll have to make a Walmart run. On the bright side I’ll save money. Or I could just not drink....nah.

Miss Bella

Correct, and that's already pre-determined based on the type of liquor license an operation possesses. They can't just start selling more food in order to stay open. If they look on their license and it has a "bar" designation, they're a bar.
I hope geyser point is open. It’s one of the main reasons I asked to be moved to Wilderness lodge.

Miss Bella

i think it will be because they have the quick service window there as well.
They also have sit down service. I like their food and location by the lake. It’s pretty basic and not too expensive and you don’t need reservations. I’m traveling with a 15 year old who is not an adventurous eater.

Mainahman

If this is in effect in August I guess I’ll have to make a Walmart run. On the bright side I’ll save money. Or I could just not drink....nah.
Same. We have a full fridge at the villa. I guess I could hit the liquor store on the way out of TN for the pool....

TrainsOfDisney

That's the great thing about disney. We all enjoy it slightly differently.

Oh I agree. I was just poking some fun. :) Regarding pool bars specifically one of my favorite spots is the Spyglass Grille at Carribean Beach... while it’s basically a pool bar, they have a chef with a great menu.

Mainahman

Oh I agree. I was just poking some fun. :) Regarding pool bars specifically one of my favorite spots is the Spyglass Grille at Carribean Beach... while it’s basically a pool bar, they have a chef with a great menu.
Haven't stayed there, although there's been a few times we almost did. Heard great things.

TrainsOfDisney

Haven't stayed there, although there's been a few times we almost did. Heard great things.

It’s right off the skyway. It became part of my routine while staying at pop / art.

get off the skyway, iced Americano at Joffreys, mobile order while americano is being made, leisure walk to spyglass along the water and enjoy!

I’m guessing the chef will get cut from that location... but it was nice while it lasted!

Mainahman

It’s right off the skyway. It became part of my routine while staying at pop / art.

get off the skyway, iced Americano at Joffreys, mobile order while americano is being made, leisure walk to spyglass along the water and enjoy!

I’m guessing the chef will get cut from that location... but it was nice while it lasted!
That sounds amazing!! We're at kidani this round so no skyliner, but we haven't decided where to stay on the 2021 trip yet. Looking at AoA for skyliner.

Aries1975

Finally I get to say it “well I rarely drink at Disney so it doesn’t bother me!”

Funny how some people on this board don’t care about fireworks, parades, live entertainment or characters but they get worried that the pool bar might be closed!

For those of us booked at Animal Kingdom, there is no quick service in Kidani and they have not said when the restaurants in Jambo will be open. I love Sanaa, and I am blest to live in Central NJ where my children have been exposed to Indian cuisine. But if Sanaa is the only restaurant at our hotel, I need to factor that into our grocery order.

TrainsOfDisney

For those of us booked at Animal Kingdom, there is no quick service in Kidani and they have not said when the restaurants in Jambo will be open. I love Sanaa, and I am blest to live in Central NJ where my children have been exposed to Indian cuisine. But if Sanaa is the only restaurant at our hotel, I need to factor that into our grocery order.

Mostly I was just poking fun at the posters who always say “well it doesn’t matter to me I don’t go to Disney for xyz”

On a serious note, any pool bars that double as quick service like my own much loved Spyglass Grill at Carribean Beach can certainly be open and serving food. There is no restriction on that. It would be actual bars like the Petals pool bar at pop century and the lovely Victoria falls at animal kingdom lodge that may have to close.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Mostly I was just poking fun at the posters who always say “well it doesn’t matter to me I don’t go to Disney for xyz”

On a serious note, any pool bars that double as quick service like my own much loved Spyglass Grill at Carribean Beach can certainly be open and serving food. There is no restriction on that. It would be actual bars like the Petals pool bar at pop century and the lovely Victoria falls at animal kingdom lodge that may have to close.
Social distancing (or lack of) would be a consideration

Lilofan

Hwy 192 in Kissimmee is about 5 min down the road from AK Lodge. Many eating places, cheap motels that some welfare families live and small grocery stores on the road. The residential area is low income and somewhat shady so don't linger too long in the area. If you want to see real poverty at WDW's doorstep, you should check out Willem Dafoe's movie "The Florida Project" filmed on location in Kissimmee.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom