News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

Roy G. Dis

I feel "safer" going to Disney Springs than any other place in this state due to the enforced masks and social distancing, I'm sure I will feel the same way "if" the parks reopen too!

I'm extremely wary of the parks reopening but this is a good take that I hadn't considered, assuming they keep the enforcement up.

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
We are still awaiting the full language of the rule but it looks like they are rewinding a few stages back to the point where you cannot consume alcohol onsite but restaurants can sell it as a take-out item for take-away orders.

too many people wanting to be selfish and stupid.
Thanks for clarifying that. I live up here on the gulf coast and the way the rules are with alcohol are confusing to say the least sometimes. For example with open containers, they put lids on things to get around the rule and they can’t put straws in.

Mainahman

I wonder if this applies to DrunkyCot aka Epcot?

I think it will depend on if each cart is considered its own establishment, or not, as even on a good day, EPCOT food and beverage makes more off food than booze. SO it may not apply. Ive been interested, as i do love a certain bloody mary at a certain refreshment port while i stroll.

Aries1975

Clarification has been provided by Florida DBPR regarding the ban on alcohol consumption at bars; this will only apply to bars that derive 50% or more of their total sales from alcohol. These establishments are still allowed to sell sealed beverages to be consumed outside of the establishments. This mandate does not include restaurants which will be able to continue to sell alcohol. Overall this doesn't seem like its going to have that major of an impact to WDW when it opens in July.

So, back to the original question. Does the Pool Bar count as a "restaurant" because you can order a sandwich or is it a bar?

I think it will depend on if each cart is considered its own establishment, or not, as even on a good day, EPCOT food and beverage makes more off food than booze. SO it may not apply. Ive been interested, as i do love a certain bloody mary at a certain refreshment port while i stroll.

My guess is since its all outdoors it wont apply, as you can take drinks to go from a bar as long as you arent drinking it in the bar itself.

Mainahman

My guess is since its all outdoors it wont apply, as you can take drinks to go from a bar as long as you arent drinking it in the bar itself.
Thats kind of what i was thinking. Im wondering about pool bars though, will they get a pass because its the same as the rest of the resorts, or if its alone, will those close.

TiggerDad

I was just going to post...
Do you think its too early to open Disney with the uprise in new cases? I would say yes, from a cautionary point. If things are this bad just a few weeks before opening, I would not plan a trip just yet. The new cases per day are just too much for me.
BUT I do think that with Social Distancing and other things, it could get and stay under control. I have not worn a face mask regularly since the beginning and I am just fine( I have breathing issues that cause me not to wear a mask whenever possible!) REMEMBER when they said that once we got the hot weather of summer, that it would kill the virus? Guess they lied about that TOO! Many lies!
Gentle reminder that the mask isn't to protect you, it's to protect everyone else.

With limited testing, lots of infected people are asymptomatic without realizing it. When they cough or talk or chant or breathe heavily, they spew out virus particles. The mask stops those particles from spreading as far. Those who are medically able to wear a mask need to do so to protect everyone else and stop the spread. That's why most everywhere else in the world is doing better. Their population is wearing masks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom