News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

Disstevefan1

Can you disclose the percentage of max capacity they will let in the first phase, lets say for the Magic Kingdom, or is that also a secret?

I do get it, WDW never disclosed to the public max capacity of a given park, folks can only guess.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
How long are most expecting Stormalong Bay to be closed? Do most expect it will reopen with BC hotel side or stay closed beyond?

I feel pretty good about BC itself reopening pretty quickly even if Yacht stays closed longer. A lot of the infrastructure is in place because of the villas so consolidating BC and YC reservations into BC makes sense. I just have no idea about Stormalong Bay opening before our early August reservations.

SoFloMagic

Fewer busses required, fewer security checks required, much less wear and tear on transportation, including roads, monorails and beams. Lower fuel costs. Less personnel at finger scans. Less need for cleaning all the above all day.
Lost sales of parkhopper tickets
Less hopping over to epcot to spend $100 on food and wine
Less hopping out of a busy park to clear pathways and increase satiafaction

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Agreed. The hopper option alone costs $55 to $75 per person depending on the ticket length. On a 10 day ticket that’s $7.50 per day per person and that assumes you use it everyday. On a 5 day ticket $15 per day and on a one day ticket is $55 per day. That’s a lot of money to cover a few extra bus trips. With the parks all closing early it’s likely that the hop to EPCOT for dinner is most likely to happen regularly if they allow hopping.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Yeah. Sounds like they won't allow it at first, but there's no way they'll eliminate that cash cow (and guest favorite) forever...
I assume they don‘t want to offer it and have people pay for it but then not have availability. Once the capacity limits go up and/or summer crowds drop and there are no parks “selling out“ they will likely bring it back.

jt04

Increased sales of special event tickets. If they do what I call "second seatings" everyday at MK, Epcot and DHS, then these revenues would greatly surpass the park hopping option. It really would rely on the App but if done right could become a very welcome change.

Likely anything like this is a long way off and would require the use of A.I.. But they are taking small steps towards an App driven park. No doubt about it.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Increased sales of special event tickets. If they do what I call "second seatings" everyday at MK, Epcot and DHS, then these revenues would greatly surpass the park hopping option. It really would rely on the App but if done right could become a very welcome change.

Likely anything like this is a long way off and would require the use of A.I.. But they are taking small steps towards an App driven park. No doubt about it.
I need some of whatever you are smoking 🚬😎🥴😵

They can barely organize the logistics of the social distancing and capacity limits as is and you think they will do a second seating?

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Earlier this week, Disney’s Swan and Dolphin Resort reported that they would be closed through July 29th. However, while they may be closed to new reservations, it appears that they will continue to stay open for guests with existing reservations. Guests are being asked to re-confirm their intention to stay by Monday, June 15th. If they do not re-confirm, Disney’s Swan and Dolphin will automatically cancel their stay."

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
it appears that they will continue to stay open for guests with existing reservations.

That could be the case. Although, with the soccer tournament rumored to go to the Swolphin, it could be that they're giving guests the option to cancel/reschedule first, and then for all those that say they intend to stay, *then* they can say to the smaller left over group, "Chyah, you know what? We need to move you."

Flugell

I am somewhat disappointed by comments that state if you’re over a certain age or have underlying health conditions then don’t go to WDW in the foreseeable future. Are people forgetting that WDW fans may not have the time to wait. It is one, if not the most popular, destination for terminally ill children who need to fulfil their dreams and create memories for their families in the short time they have. I applaud Disney for trying to ensure a safe opening strategy. I wonder if they could create a Covid 19 free hotel? People with terminal illnesses will have been self isolating so will have avoided contact with the virus. Allow them into the parks early, before the general public after the overnight cleaning so that at least they can sample some form of WDW. They could be transported on freshly sanitised buses and arrange to travel there as a large group either on special flights or coaches. It’s a huge ask and would require organisation from the charities concerned and Disney but would have a lifelong impact on the families. I am lucky, I do not have a child or family member who this would impact so have no personal reason for suggesting this. I have however taught children who were in that situation and know the excitement and happiness that such a trip created. Also when in Disney it is heartwarming and heartbreaking to see the groups of children being able to enjoy a little normality. I am however over the age of being told to stay away😢.

durangojim

I’m surprised that (as far as I know) there has been no mention by Disney of the water parks. We have tickets for the H2O Glow nights are Typhoon Lagoon fur 7/15 which I’m assuming will be cancelled. I’d just like confirmation so that I can make dining plans for that evening. Stinks because when we tried to go last July we were rained out. Guess it’s just not in the cards for us.

jt04

I need some of whatever you are smoking 🚬😎🥴😵

They can barely organize the logistics of the social distancing and capacity limits as is and you think they will do a second seating?

I guess I should clarify. By that term I mean two tickets per day as they do now for Holloween, Christmas and Villains events etc. Sort of like happened with Epcot's festivals becoming almost year round. The App could make something they are already doing in increasing numbers much more efficient. It's a trend I don't see them stopping. IMO.

icc2515

am somewhat disappointed by comments that state if you’re over a certain age or have underlying health conditions then don’t go to WDW in the foreseeable future. Are people forgetting that WDW fans may not have the time to wait. It is one, if not the most popular, destination for terminally ill children who need to fulfil their dreams and create memories for their families in the short time they have. I applaud Disney for trying to ensure a safe opening strategy. I wonder if they could create a Covid 19 free hotel? People with terminal illnesses will have been self isolating so will have avoided contact with the virus. Allow them into the parks early, before the general public after the overnight cleaning so that at least they can sample some form of WDW. They could be transported on freshly sanitised buses and arrange to travel there as a large group either on special flights or coaches. It’s a huge ask and would require organisation from the charities concerned and Disney but would have a lifelong impact on the families. I am lucky, I do not have a child or family member who this would impact so have no personal reason for suggesting this. I have however taught children who were in that situation and know the excitement and happiness that such a trip created. Also when in Disney it is heartwarming and heartbreaking to see the groups of children being able to enjoy a little normality. I am however over the age of being told to stay away😢.
Give kids the world has shut down until a vaccine is widely available, according to its CEO. They do not feel they can safely take critically ill children to WDW.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I guess I should clarify. By that term I mean two tickets per day as they do now for Holloween, Christmas and Villains events etc. Sort of like happened with Epcot's festivals becoming almost year round. The App could make something they are already doing in increasing numbers much more efficient. It's a trend I don't see them stopping. IMO.
Eventually I am sure those types of events will come back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom