The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

21stamps

Went to Dicks bc the baseball shoes that T got for Christmas, are now too small. He wore them one time. 🤦‍♀️

Dick’s had a huge baseball sale last month, but I didn’t buy anything due to the season being cancelled. Now, baseball is back.. though just scrimmages for us... we’re not doing school uniforms or equipment due to the cancellation., So, we had to buy a specific shirt, specific pants, specific socks, each kid needs new helmet (not allowed to share).. and somehow T’s batting gloves, both pair, are also too small.. so he says. He lost his baseball sunglasses last year, begged for a new pair., but this time he wanted Oakleys...not one thing was on sale, not sunglasses, nothing. We tried on Oakley’s.. he loved them, but I just couldn’t spend that much, knowing how often he looses things. I asked if they had anything similar that was cheaper, telling the clerk that my son is prone to loosing equipment.
He goes in the back and brings out a pair of UA glasses, tells me he doesn’t know the price but they’re probably half the price of Oakleys.. he can check if I want, I said no, assuming $40 or so.
T loved them. Said “You can get the cheap ones mom.” We go to the check out line with our shoes and all other items... the stupid glasses were $89 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ That’s not cheap!!!!

I spent so much today when seriously this kid is going to play maybe 4 scrimmage games. I purchased a replacement plan for the glasses for an additional $20, but it only covers damage, not lost.
I’m really hoping the gloves, glasses, and helmet last at least thru next year.

He lost his Ray Bans in April (regular sunglasses, not baseball), left them at a park, not there when we went back. I told him that if he loses this helmet, glasses, or new batting gloves, or new bat.. then he is never getting a new item for a sport again.

I hate what I had to spend today.. but I am soooo glad that baseball is back. I’m going to try to hang around, at a far distance to watch practice today.

93boomer

Premium Member
Sorry. My parents are finally celebrating an anniversary at WDW this year, and then this happens. And it's their 35th.

I was trying to think of something to surprise them before all this happened, but never made it that far. Now I guess I'll have to wait and see. Or when I get there talk to the concierge and see what we can come up with.
Awww early congrats to them!! Now, I feel like your Mom too. I have so many adopted children on here :joyfull: We are celebrating our 40th! Don't ask me how it got here so fast either!:joyfull: I am keeping my fingers crossed that our trip is still ok. I can deal with making new dinner plans.

wdwfan4ver

I can't argue.

I am at risk for the Coronavirus due to my asthma. My lungs always been weaker than my younger brother despite him having asthma also. My WDW trip likely going to be refunded. My Door County trip is delayed a year. My Door County trip trip being delayed is a combination of things due to the Coronavirus.

The only thing is trying to make the best out of it

My parents are an example of making the best out of it . My parents are celebrating their anniversary later this month, but the restaurant they go to is only allowed drive-thru's and take outs by the city. The restaurant in question is known to be very busy as a drive-thru. The entire city is only allowing drive thru's and pickups.

My dad's answer is make filet and baked potatoes for Anniversary meal at their home instead. They found a deal on filet mignon and bought it. It costs much less than Disney's restaurants offer it.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I put question marks by essential because our state had teachers marker as essential but as only to work from home. Also homeschool kids, no kids of my own but I taught a lot from home while they were home. And also a question mark on gave myself bangs Because I already had them I just cut my own during this time and they need it again.

09F08B60-C8D9-44DC-A8EF-F2E40934AF84.jpeg

21stamps

I put question marks by essential because our state had teachers marker as essential but as only to work from home. Also homeschool kids, no kids of my own but I taught a lot from home while they were home. And also a question mark on gave myself bangs Because I already had them I just cut my own during this time and they need it again.

View attachment 474406

Oh I’m going to do this!!

Good job on not crying. Mine will be checked off. 😂

StarWarsGirl

I can't argue.

I am at risk for the Coronavirus due to my asthma. My lungs always been weaker than my younger brother despite him having asthma also. My WDW trip likely going to be refunded. My Door County trip is delayed a year. My Door County trip trip being delayed is a combination of things due to the Coronavirus.

My parents are an example of making the best out of it . My parents are celebrating their anniversary later this month, but the restaurant they go to is only allowed drive-thru's and take outs by the city. The restaurant in question is known to be very busy as a drive-thru. The entire city is only allowing drive thru's and pickups.

My dad's answer is make filet and baked potatoes for Anniversary meal at their home instead. They found a deal on filet mignon and bought it. It costs much less than Disney's restaurants offer it.
I have asthma too so I hear ya. I'm taking normal, general population precautions, though. My asthma is more allergic asthma than getting sick asthma. I've had some ER trips when I've gotten sick in the past (including with pnuemonia) but that's it. I told my parents that I'm more likely to be taken out with a bottle of perfume or a bowl of pineapple than coronavirus at this point. I'm also only 25 with well-managed asthma, and there's also a chance I've already had it. So basically, I wear a mask, carry hand sanitizer, and go about my business. Pretty much the only two places I don't go are the grocery store and the pharmacy.

We were supposed to go out to California, and I decided not to do that because they've been so hard hit (plus Disneyland is closed anyway). WDW we're still planning on. I told my parents that I don't care if most of my day is spent at the pool with a few hours in the parks. If I'm not at my house and not working, I'm cool.

21stamps

Has anyone sold anything on FB marketplace before? I usually just give T’s stuff away.. but the shoes were expensive for his age, and only used literally one time. One of the pair of batting gloves was only used 3 times, indoors with the trainer. Then he has a bat that he hates, from last year.. almost $300. My dad bought him a new one this year.

I’d really rather sell these items instead of giving away.. but I don’t know if that’s weird.

epcotisbest

We went for a hike afterwards, to a place in another part of town where we’ve never been., I brought coffee in lieu of water. 😂.
T said “Did we time warp to Georgia? This is a mountain!”😂
It was a decent trail, we’ll definitely go back when we have more time. Only spent about 90 minutes there.

View attachment 474381View attachment 474382

What is this? @epcotisbest Im assuming you will know.
View attachment 474383View attachment 474384View attachment 474385View attachment 474386View attachment 474387View attachment 474388View attachment 474389

That growth on the tree is called burl. It is a deformation on a tree caused by some kind of stress or injury to the tree, resulting in unusual growth. Burl has a beautiful grain to it and is highly sought after by woodworkers.

Cesar R M

I can't argue.

They need to sell disney branded hazmat suits o_O

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom