WDW Reopening Estimates

When will WDW theme parks reopen to guests?

• May

Votes: 34 3.0%
  • June

Votes: 424 37.3%
  • July

Votes: 287 25.2%
  • August

Votes: 124 10.9%
  • September or even later in 2020

Votes: 269 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Epcotbob

First off, Yes Louisiana is still on the travel list, anyone arriving from louisiana must self isolate for 14 days.

- WDW will reopen no earlier than phase 2 in Florida, likely in the latter half of that phase
- WDW may not require masks depending on the state of affair when they reopen

and here's the biggie..

- WDW may not reopen until after the July 4th holiday because of the concern over the possibility of large crowds associated with that travel date.

If they limit capacity then the fact that July 4th is a holiday is a completely moot point.

DisneyOutsider

If they limit capacity then the fact that July 4th is a holiday is a completely moot point.

Yeah, that's what I don't get about the July 4th speculation.. all they would have to do is screen guests for reservations at the MK/EPCOT/AK/DHS entrance booths, to say nothing of the public announcements and instructions beforehand about reservation-only park attendance.

Kamikaze

I have a sneaking suspicion they wanted to see how other destinations fared over Memorial day weekend.

The problem with that theory is that they won't have any real data from new infections from this weekend for at least two weeks due to both the incubation period and the testing & reporting.

ImperfectPixie

The problem with that theory is that they won't have any real data from new infections from this weekend for at least two weeks due to both the incubation period and the testing & reporting.
I'm well aware of that...but anyone can see with their own eyes that Lake of the Ozarks was an absolute disaster. I haven't been looking, but I'd almost be willing to bet that's not the only location that experienced such recklessness.

Kamikaze

Its not, because you know people would hear 'WDW is open' and go without hearing the capacity or reservation procedures. Not a huge deal on a 'normal' day to find some way to appease such a guest, but multiply that by a few times for the holiday crowd and you've got a problem.

Kamikaze

I'm well aware of that...but anyone can see with their own eyes that Lake of the Ozarks was an absolute disaster. I haven't been looking, but I'd almost be willing to bet that's not the only location that experienced such recklessness.

I just looked that up because you mentioned it, and yes, while its a lot of people close together, its also outdoors, and we've seen the studies that the likelyhood of outdoor non-contact transmission is near zero. So while there may be some cases from that crowd, the statistical chance of a large cluster outbreak from it is very low.

Peter Pan's Shadow

Its not, because you know people would hear 'WDW is open' and go without hearing the capacity or reservation procedures. Not a huge deal on a 'normal' day to find some way to appease such a guest, but multiply that by a few times for the holiday crowd and you've got a problem.
I've been turned away from parks before for them being at capacity and it was what it was. Wasn't happy about it, but accepted it. I think the scenario of people hearing it's open and running blindly to the parks would be so rare that I don't think it's impacting their decision much at all. I think being able to deliver 4th of July expectations that we may not be considering is larger. Like their normal huge dance party, that ain't going to happen. Lol

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Then. Don't. Go.

Were you at Lake of the Ozarks? No? Then your risk of being negatively impacted in any way whatsoever is exactly 0.0%.

Epcotbob

Yeah, that's what I don't get about the July 4th speculation.. all they would have to do is screen guests for reservations at the MK/EPCOT/AK/DHS entrance booths, to say nothing of the public announcements and instructions beforehand about reservation-only park attendance.

Yep, I doubt the July 4th date is really much of a factor in their discussions. No one is really expecting Disney to do anything big for the holiday this year anyway.....given the circumstances.

Kamikaze

I've been turned away from parks before for them being at capacity and it was what it was. Wasn't happy about it, but accepted it. I think the scenario of people hearing it's open and running blindly to the parks would be so rare that I don't think it's impacting their decision much at all. I think being able to deliver 4th of July expectations that we may not be considering is larger. Like their normal huge dance party, that ain't going to happen. Lol

I think you underestimate the stupidity and absolute one-mindedness of people.

For example: the first time WDW ran 'free dining' do you know how many people showed up staying offsite (or just being a day guest) and would order a meal at a TS restaurant and then expect it to be free? Hundreds. Every day. For the entire promotion. Thats why the newer promotions are much more targeted and much more clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom