The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

@Dead2009 cheer up @StarWarsGirl is single handedly keeping you employed ;)
Also @Dead2009 the app wouldn't let me do curbside with the bike. Considering I couldn't get it into my car, they may have had problems getting it in too...

Also, a guy was getting ready to put it on the rack, and I was like, "Nope! I want that!" So I saved him some trouble.

Although a cashier was getting ready to close and saw me wheeling a bike plus a cart through (because I also bought paper towels and M&Ms), and took pity on me and stayed open. 😂 Thank you random Target cashier.

StarWarsGirl

Also @Dead2009 the app wouldn't let me do curbside with the bike. Considering I couldn't get it into my car, they may have had problems getting it in too...

Also, a guy was getting ready to put it on the rack, and I was like, "Nope! I want that!" So I saved him some trouble.

Although a cashier was getting ready to close and saw me wheeling a bike plus a cart through (because I also bought paper towels and M&Ms), and took pity on me and stayed open. 😂 Thank you random Target cashier.
Also @Dead2009 I very nearly went to your Target because the app said you guys had it in stock last night, but when I looked this morning it was out of stock, so I hit the one all the way over in Pikesville. Since quarantine, I've visited three different Targets. I'm really just going on a great Target tour.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Also @Dead2009 I very nearly went to your Target because the app said you guys had it in stock last night, but when I looked this morning it was out of stock, so I hit the one all the way over in Pikesville. Since quarantine, I've visited three different Targets. I'm really just going on a great Target tour.

You should have, I was on the floor for most of my shift

21stamps

I was just about to ask if you wore the masks while hiking.. until I saw this pic.

I’ve seen people on trails with them on, and I always wonder if they have a hard time breathing. I wear a mask when I go into stores, and of course while working, but not when we’re hiking.. I think it would be tough to do.

21stamps

We got curbside from our favorite restaurant near the Arboretum. He got a bbq bacon cheeseburger and I got a bacon cheeseburger with basil mayo. And we shared cheese curds. We drove to a park nearby with a lake and enjoyed an al fresco meal.

View attachment 472659View attachment 472660
View attachment 472663

The food looks delicious, what a nice day!

Also, are those people playing on the tennis court? Have they opened back up in your state?
Tennis courts have reopened here, I was wondering if many other states have done the same.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I was just about to ask if you wore the masks while hiking.. until I saw this pic.

I’ve seen people on trails with them on, and I always wonder if they have a hard time breathing. I wear a mask when I go into stores, and of course while working, but not when we’re hiking.. I think it would be tough to do.
The food looks delicious, what a nice day!

Also, are those people playing on the tennis court? Have they opened back up in your state?
Tennis courts have reopened here, I was wondering if many other states have done the same.

We wore masks at some points today. When we were in the decorative gardens with the tulips we wore our mask but out on the trails it was easy to stay away from people so we took them off then.

The tennis courts were in use and we went to this park about 2 weeks ago and they were open then too along with the skateboard area. Today the beach at the lake was open but we didn't really go over there. We were in Minnesota and the have opened up some of that stuff. I live in Wisconsin, but near the border so we go into Minnesota (the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area) for a lot of stuff. My state has opened up a lot more stuff since the State Supreme court struck down our governor's last stay at home order as illegal. Now it is up to counties and municipalities to put out any orders/guidelines.

Oh and the food was delicious. We have never regretted anything we have eaten at that restaurant!

donaldtoo

Youngest DD stopped by today and decided to take Belle and Ranger for a walk while she was here, like she does often, and, she ran across this...the woman in the circle blew through the intersection with the red arrow, and into the creek bed. There was still a small child in the SUV at this point that she had not taken out, and the others were not in the vehicle...sooooooo many things wrong with this... :cyclops:

9BCC04A8-B465-4AE7-9B2C-1128FCA8E104.jpeg

21stamps

Youngest DD stopped by today and decided to take Belle and Ranger for a walk while she was here, like she does often, and, she ran across this...the woman in the circle blew through the intersection with the red arrow, and into the creek bed. There was still a small child in the SUV at this point that she had not taken out, and the others were not in the vehicle...sooooooo many things wrong with this... :cyclops:

View attachment 472695

How does that happen??? Was there a malfunction with the car?

donaldtoo

How does that happen??? Was there a malfunction with the car?

Not sure, as DD didn’t get close enough to find out, but, my bet is on cell phone distraction of some sort. This is the first time any of us have seen somebody do this at this intersection, as it should be well-known to all around here, and the elementary school our kiddos went to is directly to the right in the pic.

21stamps

I just went in to check on T.

He said.. “Mom, I was thinking. I’m not going to accept an offer tomorrow. I’m going to switch to travel baseball instead. I’ve realized that I miss baseball more than I miss soccer.”

I’m speechless.

Told him to sleep on it, he can decide tomorrow if he wants to accept or not. I’m leaving the travel baseball thing alone right now. We’ll discuss in the morning.
Wow. Just.. Wow.

StarWarsGirl

I just went in to check on T.

He said.. “Mom, I was thinking. I’m not going to accept an offer tomorrow. I’m going to switch to travel baseball instead. I’ve realized that I miss baseball more than I miss soccer.”

I’m speechless.

Told him to sleep on it, he can decide tomorrow if he wants to accept or not. I’m leaving the travel baseball thing alone right now. We’ll discuss in the morning.
Wow. Just.. Wow.
I'm proud. He's realized which is the superior sport. 😂👍

Before anyone jumps all over me, I am kidding.

Tony the Tigger

Good news on the sales at your store and that you were able to hire someone. I hope they work out as much as you hope that they will.
Well, he was excellent today, and gone tonight lol.

He had been working as a corporate DJ, making good money, and assumed that work either would not return at all, or at least not in full force.

His former boss today said he would put him on payroll to the end of the year no matter what. So, I sure as heck can’t blame him for that!

Back to the application stack...

21stamps

I'm proud. He's realized which is the superior sport. 😂👍

Before anyone jumps all over me, I am kidding.

I mean, I love baseball., and I love watching him play baseball.. but this was so out of the blue!!
What he doesn’t know, is there’s really no way that we can juggle travel baseball.. the games are just too long.. at least with soccer we can drive an hour away, play a game, and be back home in the same amount of time as one baseball game. I miss a lot of his games now...can’t even think about how much I could make fall ball work in my schedule. I doubt there’s still tryouts for fall ball at this point, I’m searching now.
Mostly though, I’m just in shock.. he literally just had a Zoom soccer practice on Wednesday & Thursday.. and had a lot of fun. He was outside juggling for 30 minutes today asking me to record him... and then called a friend on FB messenger, and they trained together.. his idea!

We’ll see what he says in the morning. Not sure if this is bedtime-corona-quarantine-madness talking, or if he really has been weighing this in his mind. I’m blindsided for sure. I just hope he’s happy if he declines...that he doesn’t regret it.. he can’t change his mind later on. That’s his decision, though. Wow. I’m seriously in shock.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Well, he was excellent today, and gone tonight lol.

He had been working as a corporate DJ, making good money, and assumed that work either would not return at all, or at least not in full force.

His former boss today said he would put him on payroll to the end of the year no matter what. So, I sure as heck can’t blame him for that!

Back to the application stack...

Do you have a link to your store. I have friend that has a growing album collection.

message would be fine too. 😊

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom