The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
Good news/bad news:

We had a record-setting (no pun) Saturday in sales, even keeping the stores at 50% capacity. Friday and Sunday were very good also, even with fairly steady rain.

Today looks like a washout - torrential downpours and flood watches. This meant I did only one grocery delivery yesterday, and I’d expect about the same today. Missed opportunity as holiday weekends = great tips.

Hired someone yesterday I think will do great.

Very relieved to see business come back so strong, so fast, even if it’s pent up demand that will taper off.

Very relieved that it rained most of the weekend, keeping stubborn people off the beaches.

Concerned about the crowds at other establishments.
Wishing you continued socially distanced success xoxo

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Good news/bad news:

We had a record-setting (no pun) Saturday in sales, even keeping the stores at 50% capacity. Friday and Sunday were very good also, even with fairly steady rain.

Today looks like a washout - torrential downpours and flood watches. This meant I did only one grocery delivery yesterday, and I’d expect about the same today. Missed opportunity as holiday weekends = great tips.

Hired someone yesterday I think will do great.

Very relieved to see business come back so strong, so fast, even if it’s pent up demand that will taper off.

Very relieved that it rained most of the weekend, keeping stubborn people off the beaches.

Concerned about the crowds at other establishments.

Good news on the sales at your store and that you were able to hire someone. I hope they work out as much as you hope that they will.

MySmallWorldof4

I will check that out! Always looking for flatbread recipes. I made a chocolate mug cake this morning and it came out so amazing! No lie! It is vegan, but you wouldn’t know it. Uses maple syrup to sweeten. I found dairy and sugar free chocolate chips on Amazon last week. Contains monk fruit. They are delicious. Called Choc Zero. Made sugar free, dairy free chocolate chip cookies yesterday. Here is the mug cake recipe. I wish I would have taken a picture before I ate it, but here is the recipe. You need to make this!!! Plant based diet or not.
The choc zero chips would be great for B @Tony the Tigger.The dark chocolate ones are the dairy free.
1EF3B3A0-8583-4AB8-A5FF-CE5015387E82.png

Figgy1

Premium Member
I will check that out! Always looking for flatbread recipes. I made a chocolate mug cake this morning and it came out so amazing! No lie! It is vegan, but you wouldn’t know it. Uses maple syrup to sweeten. I found dairy and sugar free chocolate chips on Amazon last week. Contains monk fruit. They are delicious. Called Choc Zero. Made sugar free, dairy free chocolate chip cookies yesterday. Here is the mug cake recipe. I wish I would have taken a picture before I ate it, but here is the recipe. You need to make this!!! Plant based diet or not.
The choc zero chips would be great for B @Tony the Tigger.The dark chocolate ones are the dairy free.
View attachment 472377
That looks good. Sugar free chips are one of the things not in short supply:inlove: I think it's because Wegman's hides them in the health/GF section;) I wonder if 1to1 would work because I'll put on my hazmat gear to make the guys oatmeal but not cake;) I'm straight up allergic to oatmeal even the certified gf. I had a rather mild case of chicken pox the first time I had them and looked like I had a full blown case after the oatmeal bath:eek:

MySmallWorldof4

That looks good. Sugar free chips are one of the things not in short supply:inlove: I think it's because Wegman's hides them in the health/GF section;) I wonder if 1to1 would work because I'll put on my hazmat gear to make the guys oatmeal but not cake;) I'm straight up allergic to oatmeal even the certified gf. I had a rather mild case of chicken pox the first time I had them and looked like I had a full blown case after the oatmeal bath:eek:
I commented on the recipe and asked about the sub for the one to one. I will let you know when she responds.

StarWarsGirl

I'll take Boston over Baltimore.
Baltimore City is in general a mess politically, especially right now. But I don't mind living here for the most part. The healthcare is excellent, there's usually something going on in the city, and the suburbs. We're centrally located, so it's easy to get to other places. There's several airports, and the easiest to navigate (BWI) has tons of non-stop flights.

I wouldn't mind visiting Boston in a warmer month for the historical aspect, but it's too cold for me to want to live there. Maryland at least we usually get some snow, but we'll only have a few days of bitterly cold temps, and it's unusual for us to get more than a few inches.

MySmallWorldof4

Baltimore City is in general a mess politically, especially right now. But I don't mind living here for the most part. The healthcare is excellent, there's usually something going on in the city, and the suburbs. We're centrally located, so it's easy to get to other places. There's several airports, and the easiest to navigate (BWI) has tons of non-stop flights.

I wouldn't mind visiting Boston in a warmer month for the historical aspect, but it's too cold for me to want to live there. Maryland at least we usually get some snow, but we'll only have a few days of bitterly cold temps, and it's unusual for us to get more than a few inches.
I like the Inner Harbor area, and the weather is better than Boston. The problem with politics is politics. We need apolitical people running things so that people are actually represented by those who care. They should also be term limited so that they aren't in it for money. Too many have gotten bribed and they forget why they were elected.
Maryland has a real nice and varied geography. You have beautiful rolling farm country in the western part of the state, some small mountainous areas, and beautiful shore areas. Beaches are what PA is missing. We gave those up in the Mason Dixon line "argument". I love driving west on 70 past Frederick. You can see such pretty landscapes.
1590424114823.png

StarWarsGirl

I like the Inner Harbor area, and the weather is better than Boston. The problem with politics is politics. We need apolitical people running things so that people are actually represented by those who care. They should also be term limited so that they aren't in it for money. Too many have gotten bribed and they forget why they were elected.
Maryland has a real nice and varied geography. You have beautiful rolling farm country in the western part of the state, some small mountainous areas, and beautiful shore areas. Beaches are what PA is missing. We gave those up in the Mason Dixon line "argument". I love driving west on 70 past Frederick. You can see such pretty landscapes.
View attachment 472512
We're not huge fans of the beaches here. We prefer the Carolinas for the beaches. Although my one friend and I are talking about making a day trip to the beach (in separate vehicles).

They do call it America in miniature because we have mountains, flatlands, forests, and beaches. We're pretty much only missing deserts.

Beyond Baltimore, Annapolis is a gorgeous city. Kind of reminds me more of a Southern historic city, like Charleston. My
I have to get some of my trail pics off of my SLR. They're pretty. Of course, my friend snapped a photo of my taking a picture of a flower, and I'm like, thanks??? Haha.

MySmallWorldof4

We're not huge fans of the beaches here. We prefer the Carolinas for the beaches. Although my one friend and I are talking about making a day trip to the beach (in separate vehicles).

They do call it America in miniature because we have mountains, flatlands, forests, and beaches. We're pretty much only missing deserts.

Beyond Baltimore, Annapolis is a gorgeous city. Kind of reminds me more of a Southern historic city, like Charleston. My
I have to get some of my trail pics off of my SLR. They're pretty. Of course, my friend snapped a photo of my taking a picture of a flower, and I'm like, thanks??? Haha.
Annapolis is beautiful! Loved walking around the Naval Academy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom