Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
...based on what?

“Cuomo indicated a significant percentage of the state's daily test stockpile go unused. The governor revealed that some testing sites who have the daily capacity to conduct 15,000 tests are only testing 5,000 per day.”

“Community-based testing sites in Bergen and Monmouth counties — which the state recently opened up to asymptomatic residents — repeatedly had “excess capacity” through early May, Altman said. Murphy also noted the excess capacity during his daily briefing on May 8.”

DisneyDebRob

I’d rather just discuss WDW reopening. Has anyone heard any details about the universal resorts?
D52A03EF-5452-4FBD-B5F2-3BC8A739A8E3.jpeg

Patcheslee

Why? You recovered. Did you need treatment?
Because it may or may not have actually been covid-19. Considering the confirmed first case in our county wasn't until a month later it would help with how many actual undiagnosed cases they may have missed. That is the whole point of an antibodies test.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
You could just admit you weren’t aware of how it actually works.
I don’t think how it works is the issue. Nobody is going to change anyone’s mind so probably best to move on. I’ll use the technology, it’s too bad a lot of other people won’t. A lot of people won’t get a vaccine either if one passes clinic trials and is approved. It is what it is.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

“Cuomo indicated a significant percentage of the state's daily test stockpile go unused. The governor revealed that some testing sites who have the daily capacity to conduct 15,000 tests are only testing 5,000 per day.”

“Community-based testing sites in Bergen and Monmouth counties — which the state recently opened up to asymptomatic residents — repeatedly had “excess capacity” through early May, Altman said. Murphy also noted the excess capacity during his daily briefing on May 8.”
That in no way means “too much testing”
And who cares about “demand”?

What’s wrong with everyone getting tested? Especially the antibodies?

natatomic

An accommodation does not have to be provided if it is unsafe and I’m guessing that is how the lawyers would argue the matter. You’re not being discriminated against because of your disability but because you pose a safety to risk to others. The reason why you are not wearing a mask is not why you are being turned away but just because you are not wearing one.

Why is Disney allowing children 2 and under in? I understand they can’t wear masks, but their young age doesn’t make them any less contagious if they are asymptomatic spreaders. If a 2 year old sneezes or coughs, I guarantee you their mouth won’t be covered.

(I’m not arguing for or against any mask requirement, nor am I arguing for or against any exemption - I am just curious as to why this is an acceptable exception)

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The photo is about their grilling hot dogs over an open flame, not about not wearing a mask.

I was responding to this...

There were a few cms on Reddit saying that disney let them stay and continue to not wear masks.
Which makes it sound like they 'got away' with not having to wear masks. But if the CM comments were based on the picture alone, then they're idiots, because you don't have to wear a mask when seated to eat, which they were, because they were grilling their meal.

Attachments

• 1590202666417.png
    1590202666417.png
    109.6 KB · Views: 94

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
It was just a joke in response to the post i replied to. Calm down. I'm not anti-mask. If a business (including WDW) requires a mask, I support their right to do so.
My apologies!

I live in Georgia. Many restaurants have been open for a few weeks now and customers are not wearing masks, and guess what....the death count is declining each day. But of course, the news ONLY focusses on new cases, not death toll.

I wouldn't say the death toll is going up, but I wouldn't say it's going down, either...

View attachment 471956

Communicora

Premium Member
FWIW. Fauci is now an “open now-er”
He's a lot more measured and in favor of evidence-based decisions than any open now-er I've heard of.

Fauci said he does have some concerns if states or local communities are skipping some benchmarks in the recommended guidelines for reopening.

He said as states reopen people should take precautions such as wearing masks, social distancing and staying away from crowds.

But he professed support for ending lockdowns that have closed businesses and kept people from working, leading to soaring unemployment.

"I don't want people to think that any of us feel that staying locked down for a prolonged period of time is the way to go," he said, adding that the nation "had to do that" during the virus outbreak's peak.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Since the app now exists, I'm reposting this video to remind folks that such contact tracing apps don't invade privacy. No one can track your location or keep track of your COVID status or have any information on who you are. Just encrypted means of letting people know they were withing range of someone who was infected so that they can get tested too (if they want).

Peter Pan's Shadow

Man, I'm getting tired of the small empty people here that ruin the thread by wanting to argue about apps, masks, economics and whatever other stupid topic you want to be triggered about. Pursueing people for wanting to change the topic from a disagreement just to be a jerk. I'm here to talk Disney and possible opening of Disney. Mentally healthy adults can handle a differing idea or opinion respectfully. If you can't maybe fix whatever your problem is. I didn't see argument forum anywhere when I signed up.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
That looks like NYT data? I'm curious why their data looks nothing like the Georgia DPH numbers. For Ohio, they match the government's website exactly.

Yes, the NYT. They tend to get info daily updated from counties. I know that FL's dashboard has a disclaimer that anything in the past two weeks is only initial data as they wait for reports to work their way through the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom