The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

I'm not sure whether I have quarantine brain or if I'm having a quarter life crisis, but I was watching TV, and a character said he was 25. And I thought, "Wow, that actor looks young for 25. He only looks to be about my age." Then it suddenly occurred to me that I'm, in fact, 25, and that's why that actor appeared to be my age.

I'm going with quarantine brain.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I'm not sure whether I have quarantine brain or if I'm having a quarter life crisis, but I was watching TV, and a character said he was 25. And I thought, "Wow, that actor looks young for 25. He only looks to be about my age." Then it suddenly occurred to me that I'm, in fact, 25, and that's why that actor appeared to be my age.

I'm going with quarantine brain.

Here. Hope he helps.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I have been to our corner store many times, and even though we were all wearing masks, I’ve had to tell folks to back off several times. Just back off, it isn’t rocket science...I was at the counter one time and a group of 5 were tryin’ to head in with no masks...they heard me outside when I put my hand up and said NO!!!!! They backed off outside the store until I was well clear of them. Wasn’t tryin’ to make them feel bad or anything, just, why don’t so many understand by now...?!?!?! :cyclops:
Things may be curvin’ down a bit, but, prematurely let down your guard, and you may be the next “bury patch” resident.

There will always be people who need things spelled out for them. As much as the corner store proprietor doesn't want to discourage anyone from entering, he (or she) may need to tape a clear sign to the door indicating that due to the pandemic, all customers will need to wear face covering.

I've seen tons of signs like that up here, and (a few) even more blunt, such as -- No mask? No entry.

Oh, and just wait until the Governor's new rule takes effect next Wednesday -- masks/face covering required for everyone above the age of 2, when outside in public places. Violators can be fined $300 (I'd love to see a 2 1/2 year old come up with the money to pay the fine?! :p ) Warnings will be issued for about a week, and then they'll probably pick a few random victims to fine -- to make an example.

I think it goes too far. If people are walking in more crowded areas, it makes sense. But if people are in far less congested spaces, and can easily distance from one another, that should suffice. I carry a mask daily for stores, or any place where I know there's not enough space to distance from others. Whatever. If people would use their common sense, this "latest" would not be necessary. :banghead:

BAChicagoGal

My husband is balking at wearing a mask. He says I will have to do all the shopping now. I am sure he will give in when the masks I ordered arrived. They are cloth and will probably fit him well. I also ordered a box of surgical masks.

My grandson complains a lot about having to wear a mask at work. They give him a cloth one, and he complains about not being able to breath.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Good morning! Are you sitting down? no? Well sit the heck down. Yes I'm serious you need to be sitting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I rope dropped Walmart there was a selection of toilet paper including the good stuff, the cleaning supply section was mostly full and they had a full assortment of rice. Then we rope dropped target they had rubbing alcohol no limit, then onto Wegmans full selection of wine and ciders along with a new raw sauerkraut. 3 stores and only 2 people not following the arrows on the floors. Disney training has served me well:joyfull:

MouseDreaming

Well, in a store it is pretty hard to always keep it because if they did we would spend most of their day getting finished. With the one way streets in the markets if people stop suddenly you are probably going to get closer then you wanted, but if you are behind them your risk is small anyway. If, however, you have what you want and are ready to move on, what do you do? Turn around and go the wrong way or do you just quickly pass by 5 or 6 people lined up in front of you. Common sense is you go past them looking toward the opposite side of their location and quickly thin the crowd out in the aisle.
I am talking about Aldi and a local grocer. No traffic direction. Usually waiting to check out. And, if you can't do 6 ft, you still shouldn't be standing so close to me, that I can feel you breathing on me. Even if none of this was happening, you shouldn't be that close in line.

MouseDreaming

Good morning! Are you sitting down? no? Well sit the heck down. Yes I'm serious you need to be sitting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I rope dropped Walmart there was a selection of toilet paper including the good stuff, the cleaning supply section was mostly full and they had a full assortment of rice. Then we rope dropped target they had rubbing alcohol no limit, then onto Wegmans full selection of wine and ciders along with a new raw sauerkraut. 3 stores and only 2 people not following the arrows on the floors. Disney training has served me well:joyfull:
This is awesome, and gives me hope. I am already planning a rope drop on a random weekday, probably Target.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom