The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
As with the schools, I’m not surprised that soccer is not happening, just held out a little hope. :(.
I am going to withhold this info from my son, at least for the time being.

View attachment 467633

We can’t do another 60 days of this. May 29th has to be the end of it!! I don’t think my kid or I can mentally survive much longer. I thank God that we’re healthy, physically... but this is taking such a mental toll. I know I’m just one of millions who are feeling this way. We might all need therapy by the end of it. ;)
Believe me I know it's rough but try going through life knowing you're in until Januaryish;)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Thanks, Figgy...!!! :)
Oh, how we wish she would stop doin’ that, too, especially during these times.
We see her from a distance often, but, not being able to be silly with her up close, and hold and hug her for so darn long has been downright painful.
When we see her, you can tell from some of the looks on her face that she doesn’t understand why we aren’t doing those things right now.
A few months isn’t the end of the world, but, it’s still time you can never get back.
Anyhoo, enough carping. ;)
The important thing is we’re all still healthy, relatively ;) happy, and, hopefully, a new “norm” isn’t all that far away...!!! :)
Although, a new Norm just won’t be quite the same...!!!!! :hilarious:

View attachment 467636
Bonus pints for creative use of Norm:joyfull:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I went for groceries in Walmart just this morning and only saw two people NOT using a mask. A far cry from what it was like a month ago when I only saw two people that wore a mask.

My husband stopped in at our Walmart yesterday and he said almost everyone had a mask this time which is a lot different than on his other journeys the last couple months. He also said that the grocery section had marked paths for people to follow down and back up the aisles.

Goofyernmost

Thanks, Figgy...!!! :)
Oh, how we wish she would stop doin’ that, too, especially during these times.
We see her from a distance often, but, not being able to be silly with her up close, and hold and hug her for so darn long has been downright painful.
When we see her, you can tell from some of the looks on her face that she doesn’t understand why we aren’t doing those things right now.
A few months isn’t the end of the world, but, it’s still time you can never get back.
Anyhoo, enough carping. ;)
The important thing is we’re all still healthy, relatively ;) happy, and, hopefully, a new “norm” isn’t all that far away...!!! :)
Although, a new Norm just won’t be quite the same...!!!!! :hilarious:

View attachment 467636
That is the one gripe I have about this whole thing. Social Distancing is fine, but family are not what I consider social. Whether we all live in one house or we don't. When there is no problem I guess we can work through it, but when someone is ill, especially terminally to dictate that they can not have their support system around them when they need it the most, is inhumane. It may be with all the good intentions in the world. It just isn't right. I have one daughter that I haven't seen in person for over a month now. The reason why is because she loves me and doesn't want to be the one that gives me the virus and have the chance of losing me. (Her words not mine)

If I do get it from some other place, then she cannot see me up close, possibly ever again. I'm 72 years old. For my age I am outwardly in good health, but, that could change a minute from now. How will she feel if something happens and she and I would have lost that very precious time, scared about something that might have happened anyway. They have robbed us of our humanity and made us obedient, scared, non-thinking machines with no need of that connection from people that we love and need by our sides. I even tried to compare it to her own emotions connected with parenthood. Just like when she was little and sick, what would have happened if she or her son now, were sick, very sick and we just closed her/ his bedroom door and just said let us know if you get better or die, then we will come back. No, of course, as a parent we would not leave their side even if it was a contagious illness. The need to support our children would outweigh the fear we have for ourselves. I know, I did it many times for my children and even my wife one time. It is against all our instincts to be required to let our loved ones die alone like no one cared. It is an awful choice to make, but it should be those of us at the highest risk to make, not someone emotionally afraid of the possible guilt.

That is why testing is so, so important to this whole situation. If we could get tested and know if we are carriers, pre-infected or clean then it would be at least more fair then the system we are forced into right now. If there is one very important portion of everyone's reaction to this virus is the inability to get tested and in today's world, other then bad judgment, there is no reason on earth why we shouldn't all be tested by now. For that I will not be forgiving.

Last edited:

StarWarsGirl

MinnieM123

Premium Member
It’s not like that here. Even today, most aren’t wearing masks.
What I hear the most often, is people complaining about the orders.

Even my parents, who are both high risk, are done with staying at home. Up to this point they’ve been ordering everything online or curbside, but my mom said they’re going to start going to the grocery, just to get out. They do go to parks when it’s not raining, but sunny days are few and far between right now.

Governor of my state just announced that as of May 6, everyone must wear a mask (or face covering) out in public -- across the state.

Figgy1

Premium Member

The issue is that Dad is the only one who plays Monopoly with me, and he only plays, strangely enough, Disney edition Monopoly. 🙄
I may have ordered one for a Christmas gift. Shhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! edit I originally typed amy instead of may. I guessed who else may get one

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom