What's Still On and What's Now Off

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I probably should have also specified they are as good or better than any hot dogs you'll find at any similar location (theme parks, street vendors, sporting events, etc.).

You can get some really great thick all beef hot dogs in some places that are definitely better than Casey's, but Casey's is a lot better than I expected from a theme park.

I might give you that...fast food in parks is notoriously low quality with few exceptions. To me - Casey’s is not an exception 😎

JoeCamel

I wasn’t...I was talking about different variations on good frankfurters.

Casey’s remind me of “Pittsburgh dogs”...they may even have chicken or turkey in them? Ewww...just no

At the time of ordering, the regular hot dog was from Buckhead Pride, and was an all-natural, uncured beef hot dog. No nitrates other than those occurring naturally in sea salt are added to this product. The ingredients in Casey’s Corner gluten-free hot dogs are:

• Beef
  • Water
  • Sea salt
  • Less than 2% of natural flavorings, vinegar, sugar, yeast extract, paprika, sunflower oil
The footlong hot dogs contained nitrates and an extensive list of ingredients.

Piebald

I love Disney (I'm on this board for a reason) and I want to see it open yesterday, but I just cant figure out peoples reasoning for it opening anytime soon the same way I cant see sports resuming soon (even the empty stadium thing seems like a pipe dream to me)

UNCgolf

I love Disney (I'm on this board for a reason) and I want to see it open yesterday, but I just cant figure out peoples reasoning for it opening anytime soon the same way I cant see sports resuming soon (even the empty stadium thing seems like a pipe dream to me)

I think golf and tennis could restart with no fans, because it's easy to keep the players apart from each other.

All the team sports, though, will be really tough. Even if there aren't fans to spread the virus, the players can still spread it to each other, which would immediately shut the league down again and cause serious PR issues.

havoc315

More bad news on the horizon, crew. I'll wait until I have corroborating sources, but Disney may be forced to keep parks closed for a very long time.

That's consistent with Governor Newsom -- Who said mass gatherings this summer are unlikely.
And Florida Surgeon General -- Who said social distancing until there is a vaccine.

It seems extremely unlikely theme parks will be open at all, until at least the fall.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think golf and tennis could restart with no fans, because it's easy to keep the players apart from each other.

All the team sports, though, will be really tough. Even if there aren't fans to spread the virus, the players can still spread it to each other, which would immediately shut the league down again and cause serious PR issues.
I am in favor of leagues doing “Olympic village” type arrangements where they play in one or several neutral sites.

But it’s all about testing and tracking...and that capacity just doesn’t exist yet.

Sports will be easier to “resume” in some fashion before amusement parks...who I’m starting to think may be down for the year and maybe even till summer 2021

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Listen to the politicians, but realize they may be using one of the oldest tricks in the book, under promising/over delivering. We need widespread testing, right now we don’t have it, once we have it things will change. When will we have it? That’s the uncertainty that is causing them to make these statements.

I am going with the continued warning from former official and current commentator Tom Bossert on ABC...who has already been pleading for weeks that there needs to be a national pharmaceutical testing/logistics/operational capacity being developed RIGHT NOW...before therapies, vaccines and testing are even available. Can’t know where to look for trouble until you:
1. Know how to detect it
2. Give people the ability to live with it without health crisis in hospitals.

Last edited by a moderator:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
More bad news on the horizon, crew. I'll wait until I have corroborating sources, but Disney may be forced to keep parks closed for a very long time.

The parks will always be there waiting for us.

1586970912580.png

Surferboy567

If the parks stay closed for a more extended period of time. Does construction start back up to ensure projects reach their 50th anniversary deadline?

They will probably need to use the 50th as the triumphant relaunch.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom