Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Hopefully if this along with Poppins are cut, Disney will make a decision to save the money towards something that’s more demanding, such as the obvious imagination redo that’s long overdue, even though it’s still fairly far away.

WDW had already prioritized JoW and Poppins over Imagination. Everything announced was prioritized over Imagination. What do you really think is the likelihood that Imagination is suddenly going to be a priority?

Besides, there's already a thread where people keep giving themselves and one another a continuing false hope that there will be some sort of Imagination change in the next five years. See here to join the self-deluded club if you wanna belong...

No Name

This is no Fountain of Nations.
Of course we may end up with neither.

How do ya feel about Rapunzel bathrooms? ;)

Fountain of Nations didn't belong in the edu-industrial Future World. It belonged in World Showcase, and yet, there it was. This is the new big water feature bridging "Celebration" and "Nature." At least it fits with being a path to The Sea.

To be true to the original intent of Epcot, the interactive waterpark wouldn't have Moana slapped on it, but, instead, a big Disani/Coca-Cola sign slapped on it. I know which one I prefer.

Dasani?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Oh I wasn’t even commenting on your spelling mistake. In reference to the last sentence of your post, I was just guessing that you prefer Dasani.

Because Coke is somewhat of a partner with Disney (Club Cool) and Dasani is their water brand. So, if a water feature was going to be made in the good ol' days of corporate sponsorship... Journey of Water sponsored by Dasani, a Coca-Cola brand.

rowrbazzle

Confession ... I only saw it once ... the water motif didn't make any impression on me except she was sailing on it a lot. Was there a magic wave appearing at times? A fairy godwave is hard to relate to. Not really a character like Grandmother Willow or a theme like the circle of life. And it's hard to see how the magic wave can be represented in a theme park.
A big aspect of the film is the how the Polynesian way of life involved interacting with the ocean and the film ends with Moana's people returning to their wayfaring ways. There's a significant scene where Maui is teaching her how to navigate and sail using historical methods (pretty cool IMHO from a historical standpoint of understanding on ancient Polynesian people traveled vast distances of the Pacific Ocean to find pretty small islands - though of course it is a superficial description in the movie).

Yeah. It's not about water, but the ocean is an integral part of the movie. The ocean has volition; it chooses Moana and helps her along the way.

SteamboatJoe

WDW had already prioritized JoW and Poppins over Imagination. Everything announced was prioritized over Imagination. What do you really think is the likelihood that Imagination is suddenly going to be a priority?

Besides, there's already a thread where people keep giving themselves and one another a continuing false hope that there will be some sort of Imagination change in the next five years. See here to join the self-deluded club if you wanna belong...

I was actually fine with the Poppins addition. I mean people are right when they say it could have been more but I found the idea of walking down Cherry Tree Lane quite charming.

JJJ

Confession ... I only saw it once ... the water motif didn't make any impression on me except she was sailing on it a lot. Was there a magic wave appearing at times? A fairy godwave is hard to relate to. Not really a character like Grandmother Willow or a theme like the circle of life. And it's hard to see how the magic wave can be represented in a theme park.

To me, at least, water/the ocean really was a character in Moana. It didn't speak or anything, but it did have personality.

My hope is that this attraction(?) will be light on Moana/the other characters on the film (using them only superficially with symbols like the one featured on the Epcot model in the Odyssey), but will have a bunch of cool, interactive water features that also have "personality." I think this is a reasonable hope, as well, as they say this area is "inspired" by Moana and not featuring/with Moana. We'll see, but I'll wait for this one with hopeful expectation...

Since they're re-theming Future World and this will be placed in World Nature, this might even be thematically appropriate :)O). On another note, it'll be interesting to see if they try to distinguish between the theme/idea behind World Nature and that of AK, or if World Nature really will be just a mini AK, trading the mammals for plants and fish.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom