The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
It's both stovetop and ovenproof. I don't know what I'm going to make in it yet... but I know I couldn't leave without it!

When she said once an hour... I was like.. WUT??? I didn't say anything to her, but under my breath I said, "well that works for the first person who uses it after it's wiped down, but what about the people after that?" I'm sure she heard me.

That's the thing -- it's impossible to keep things sanitary when so many people use them. Ideally, they should have wipes right at the keypad for each customer.

Songbird76

That pot is SOOOOO cute!! I have absolutely no need for it but I'd have had a hard time leaving without it too!! So pretty!!

We have chip cards that are slightly different. You insert your card in the chip slot and it reads your card. If it's a bank card you'll need to enter your pin no matter what your total is. If it's a credit card you can get away without signing if you spend less than a certain amount, but you still have to press buttons like "is this total okay" or whatever. People can also use their cellphones to pay in some places, but not Aldi. A lot of times the phone ends up touching the reader though, which I feel is likely less great than a card. Cell phones are in people's hands all day long whereas cards we only contact when we need them.
Stores here don't accept credit cards. We only have the bank cards, and they have both chip and contactless. With the chip, you have to enter your pin, but not with the contactless. There are also apps on the phone, but I've never paid that way at the grocery store, so I don't know how it works.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Finally tried the drive-through teller window at my bank, due to the lobby being closed. It was an experience.

Recently, some of you mentioned something about drive-through "tubes" and I kept looking for a tube thing. (Luckily, no car was behind me, and only 1 car ahead of me, so I could look around.) But, no tube. :cautious:

So I drove up to the window, and the woman spoke on a microphone to me. I asked her how I make a deposit, and where was the freaking "tube"?! :jawdrop:

Then, a metal box opened up -- literally, out of the brick wall. It appeared like magic. :p She told me to put my deposit in that, and the metal box then disappeared back into the wall. :D Then she took off somewhere. I was hoping she'd come back. (She had my money, after all.) :hilarious:

She did return a few minutes later, and the magical wall box opened up with my deposit receipt! :joyfull:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Finally tried the drive-through teller window at my bank, due to the lobby being closed. It was an experience.

Recently, some of you mentioned something about drive-through "tubes" and I kept looking for a tube thing. (Luckily, no car was behind me, and only 1 car ahead of me, so I could look around.) But, no tube. :cautious:

So I drove up to the window, and the woman spoke on a microphone to me. I asked her how I make a deposit, and where was the freaking "tube"?! :jawdrop:

Then, a metal box opened up -- literally, out of the brick wall. It appeared like magic. :p She told me to put my deposit in that, and the metal box then disappeared back into the wall. :D Then she took off somewhere. I was hoping she'd come back. (She had my money, after all.) :hilarious:

She did return a few minutes later, and the magical wall box opened up with my deposit receipt! :joyfull:

I guess we forgot to tell you about the window drawer too. I like the window drawer better than the tube, you are better off with no tube.
These are the tubes:
1585770303289.png
1585770319310.png

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I guess we forgot to tell you about the window drawer too. I like the window drawer better than the tube, you are better off with no tube.
These are the tubes:
View attachment 460125
View attachment 460126

O.k. Further to my idiot test here, those poles look far away from the teller window. Do those poles have speakers in them as well (not the actual tube, but the pole)? Why can't people just drive up to the side of the bank like I did today?

SteveBrickNJ

Guess what!? Guess what!?
I can SEE and speak to my students again!
I am teaching band lessons using the video platform "ZOOM"
I have taught 3 lessons remotely today.
They pop up on my laptop screen after I send them an invite with their parent's permission. The invite goes to their parent's email.
So cool!
OK.....I have a 4pm appointment for one more session :cool::)
Talk to you guys later.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Guess what!? Guess what!?
I can SEE and speak to my students again!
I am teaching band lessons using the video platform "ZOOM"
I have taught 3 lessons remotely today.
They pop up on my laptop screen after I send them an invite with their parent's permission. The invite goes to their parent's email.
So cool!
OK.....I have a 4pm appointment for one more session :cool::)
Talk to you guys later.

Make sure you follow the security advice (safety controls) by the FBI (a few ZOOM classes have been hacked into).

93boomer

Premium Member
My DD ran out to BJ’s warehouse for a few things. She saw her first TP fight. A lady was filling her cart with TP. The employee saw her and started taking them out. There was a one per customer limit. She got mad. People 🤔Target was out of a lot of things. And of all things nail polish remover!

Figgy1

Premium Member
My DD ran out to BJ’s warehouse for a few things. She saw her first TP fight. A lady was filling her cart with TP. The employee saw her and started taking them out. There was a one per customer limit. She got mad. People 🤔Target was out of a lot of things. And of all things nail polish remover!
An actual fight?:eek::eek::eek::eek: I understand nail supplies being limited, because most of the people who get their nails done will have to DIY.

93boomer

Premium Member
An actual fight?:eek::eek::eek::eek: I understand nail supplies being limited, because most of the people who get their nails done will have to DIY.
Yep. I bet we will see more violence before it’s over.
She got her nails done for a wedding that didn’t happen three weeks ago. Now they are growing out and driving her mad. 🤣 She is going to trying roughing then up with a nail file then use the only polish remover she has at home. 🤞🏻

Figgy1

Premium Member
Yep. I bet we will see more violence before it’s over.
She got her nails done for a wedding that didn’t happen three weeks ago. Now they are growing out and driving her mad. 🤣 She is going to trying roughing then up with a nail file then use the only polish remover she has at home. 🤞🏻
Does she have an overlay? If so have her try and find a 180 grit file and shorten them so they don't break and become painful.

SteveBrickNJ

Make sure you follow the security advice (safety controls) by the FBI (a few ZOOM classes have been hacked into).
What happens when a Zoom class is hacked into? Will they steal my half note? My C-sharp? Finances are not involved...just music education. What would be the benefit to the "bad guy"? Obviously I am not familiar with FBI guidelines so feel free to educate me.
Thanks friend!

Last edited:

SteveBrickNJ

What happens when a Zoom class is hacked into? Will they steal my half note? My C-sharp? Finances are not involved...just music education. What would be the benefit to the "bad guy"? Obviously I am not familiar with FBI guidelines so feel free to educate me.
Thanks friend!
You have not been here since I asked my question so I did a search and discovered the FBI warning stuff on my own.
Yesterday in your state there were 2 VIDEO BOMBINGS. The teacher was teaching a CLASS of students and it was free to receive additional students....these "students"...actually hackers could just call in to join the class.
That's not gonna happen to me. I send the link to ONE student who I want to teach and they are the only one that can connect with me. It's NOT open to phone in joiners.
I'm good to go. Thanks again Minnie😊

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom