The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

Caught up on the last 15 pages. Been busy with dealing with tax stuff for dh’s office, getting info on some sba loan options. If he asks for one type of sba loan, sba7a ,and uses it for payroll and for his lease, that loan can be forgiven. Our accountant sent us that info last night. Hopefully many places of business like yours @donaldtoo will be able to use it so no one needs to get laid off.
The weather was warm and not windy yesterday so we went to our local park and walked. It was really nice to get out. The dog park area had a few people and their dogs. One lady hung up a hammock and was laying in it. The willows are blooming and daffodils are out. Nice to get a little normalcy.

I’m sure the partners are on top of it all, as far as knowing about it. Not sure what they may be preparing to do in regards to it at this point.
Work is still “comin’ in the door” so to speak. Had yet another very productive 9-hour day today. Finished up a project (just floor plans for now, so elevations or a SketchUp 3-D model will be forthcoming) for one partner, and started floor plan rough sketching on another large custom residence for another partner.
As I posted before, all the partners seem very happy with the way us all working from home is going, especially with all the tech for the graphics in a business like ours...yet again, this ol’ “dawg” ;) has proven he can learn new tricks...!!! :D
Now, all that bein’ said, I was with the firm for 20 yrs. and 29 days when they laid me off the last time on 1/29/09. They gave me 2 weeks severance and paid me for all my accrued vacation and personal days.
The partners were all in very good financial positions at the time, and I’m assuming the company was in a pretty good position too. But, there was simply no work comin’ in so that was different than now, because no small businesses were gettin’ any kinda’ cash infusions from the gov’ment ;) that I remember.
The partners and the firm have been doin’ gangbusters for the last 7+ years that I’ve been back at the firm, and, as you all know, from sooooo many of my past posts, they have treated us all very well on sooooo very many levels...!!!!!!! :joyfull:;)
But, ultimately, they are no charity...they are a business. We’ll see how it all plays out, and it will be what it will be...I’m a hopeless lover of life, but, I’m also a pragmatist...!!! ;)

donaldtoo

I think I’ll be dreamin’ of that spacecraft flight, yet again :rolleyes:, all night...!!!!! :hilarious:
I love all those old Disneyland shows about space and the moon from way back in the mid-50’s...Walt was indeed a visionary...!!!!! :happy:
And, as I’ve mentioned many times before, sign my old beeeeeeehind up for first space travel...!!!!!!!! :joyfull:

OK gang, out for tonight...!
Stay safe and healthy all...!!!
See y’all shortly...!!!!! ;):)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
You have not been here since I asked my question so I did a search and discovered the FBI warning stuff on my own.
Yesterday in your state there were 2 VIDEO BOMBINGS. The teacher was teaching a CLASS of students and it was free to receive additional students....these "students"...actually hackers could just call in to join the class.
That's not gonna happen to me. I send the link to ONE student who I want to teach and they are the only one that can connect with me. It's NOT open to phone in joiners.
I'm good to go. Thanks again Minnie😊

Good, and glad that you're updated. The problem with our little chat area here is that we're all on at different times, so that sometimes makes it difficult to answer inquires in a timely manner.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Anyone else noticed the lack of April Fool's Day jokes from various companies this year? Guessing it's because of current circumstances. The only one I noticed was the Seinfeld Facebook page (and actually what they did is pretty hilarious).

I completely forgot about it, until I noticed a few references on the forum (a day late -- just this morning)! ;)

You're right -- people's attention is directed elsewhere these days.

Lilofan

• Disney said it will send 150,000 rain ponchos from its parks to the medical community, which has been calling for more supplies due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
  • Disney will donate the ponchos to MedShare, which will send the ponchos to multiple hospitals in need
Not news of the weird but kudos to Disney for thinking out of the box and helping the cause.

Goofyernmost

Finally tried the drive-through teller window at my bank, due to the lobby being closed. It was an experience.

Recently, some of you mentioned something about drive-through "tubes" and I kept looking for a tube thing. (Luckily, no car was behind me, and only 1 car ahead of me, so I could look around.) But, no tube. :cautious:

So I drove up to the window, and the woman spoke on a microphone to me. I asked her how I make a deposit, and where was the freaking "tube"?! :jawdrop:

Then, a metal box opened up -- literally, out of the brick wall. It appeared like magic. :p She told me to put my deposit in that, and the metal box then disappeared back into the wall. :D Then she took off somewhere. I was hoping she'd come back. (She had my money, after all.) :hilarious:

She did return a few minutes later, and the magical wall box opened up with my deposit receipt! :joyfull:
Seriously, Minnie.. Other then your fixation on snow and cold, I didn't realize how out of touch with reality you might be. After this damnpanic, oops sorry, Pandemic, is done please get out and explore the world. Drive through banking with window drawers and in some cases "tubes" have been around for at least 40 years. A lot of us even have some of those watts that people talk about that light your house without needing to bring kerosene into the place. The modern marvels are all around us. ;)

FutureCEO

My job sent out an email this morning with ridiculous news pieces that we know aren't right, like that our website is #2 in the world behind Amazon...yeah right.

I've been a little cranky because our fiscal year just ended and I've been completely swamped. I was not amused; I thought it was just stupid.

I'm with you on that. I saw an article on facebook yesterday that hockey was coming back in two weeks and it was so funny how mad people were getting and who took it that is was true. Two things yesterday I thought were fake news.

1. Disney buying more land

2. Engineer trying to crash a train into USNS Mercy in LA

Lilofan

I'm with you on that. I saw an article on facebook yesterday that hockey was coming back in two weeks and it was so funny how mad people were getting and who took it that is was true. Two things yesterday I thought were fake news.

1. Disney buying more land

2. Engineer trying to crash a train into USNS Mercy in LA
Disney did buy a small parcel of land near MK. .26 acres for about $1 million about a week ago.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I don't know why people are bored. There's books and books and books to be read, instruments to be played, naps to be taken...
Food to be cooked, laundry to be cleaned, folded and put away, yard work, cleaning, a dress to be finished...………………………………………………...…......…………………………………………….. Did I mention cooking?

Figgy1

Premium Member
Seriously, Minnie.. Other then your fixation on snow and cold, I didn't realize how out of touch with reality you might be. After this damnpanic, oops sorry, Pandemic, is done please get out and explore the world. Drive through banking with window drawers and in some cases "tubes" have been around for at least 40 years. A lot of us even have some of those watts that people talk about that light your house without needing to bring kerosene into the place. The modern marvels are all around us. ;)
Fun fact those tubes have been around almost as long as you have https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pneumatic_tube

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom